cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Hahaha @sephoraaddict918! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I can completely understand that - sometimes itโ€™s asking a lot, too much, to layer products for moisture for our skin. 

Keeping the Shiseido cottons that you have as backup as you move to reusable rounds is a really good idea. The cottons will come in handy for travel as well as those days when you just canโ€™t be bothered to launder the reusable rounds. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Iโ€™ll have to try the Truly patches. Iโ€™m always game for trying out acne patches; sadly I have the blemishes to use as test cases. ๐Ÿ˜ My top 3 acne patches (so far) are Peace Out acne dots; these CosRx pimple patches and the ones by Peach Slices. 

๐Ÿ˜ the ciate pots. Wish Sephora still sold them! Might have to remember about that amethyst candle. My mini loves & collects gemstones. He even carries them around in his pocket @itsfi ๐Ÿ’œ

Oh my goodness @sonnydee, how cute is your mini?!! ๐Ÿฅฐ Whatโ€™s his favorite color or gemstone? 

The Ciate pots are great! ๐Ÿ’• Thank you so much for introducing them to me. Came in handy! 

He really likes geode agates. We often buy the uncut rocks so he can cut them himself with hubs. We go "mining" every chance we get. Last time we went, he got alot of smoky & rose quartz. He took all mine I had collected from my teenage years but I think he loves it more than I do so I didnt have the heart to take them back. I dont even know if he has a favorite..he carries 5 or 6 around..๐Ÿค”I'll have to take a pic of his stash for ya! @itsfi 

So many great empties @itsfi ! Iโ€™ve been loving the F-Balm so far, I use it under the LaLa Retro at night and my dry skin loves this combination. On itโ€™s own, it wasnโ€™t moisturizing enough during the cold dry winter months but it should be great during summer. ๐Ÿ’•

Using it as a serum seems to get the best out of the product; that seems be the consensus among many folks here @keana1. Iโ€™ll give it a try with my miniโ€™s of the mask. 

@itsfi Itโ€™s really worth a second chance as a serum . ๐Ÿคž

@itsfi  Nice set of empties! This reminds me that I planned to give F-Balm a second chance once temps warm up, because it was ineffective during winter. Iโ€™ll pull it out again soon. 

Ooooh @WinglessOne, please keep us posted on how that second chance goes. Hopefully it will perform better for you in warmer weather. 

@itsfi  I totally agree about the DE fbalm. It is nice but it is definitely not a stand out product. 

@faeriegirl, I kept thinking โ€œam I missing something?โ€ after I used it.

@itsfi 

The Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL is such a strange product to me. I just find many flaws with it. I find a lot of air bubbles for an airless dispenser, it seems I have to continuously pump to get product out. The formula doesnโ€™t really hydrate like a moisturizer more like a light weight serum, I think had they marketed it that way instead of a mask it might have gone over better. 

Yes, yes and yes @GG84! I agree 100% with everything you said. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Iโ€™ll try it as a serum another day with Protini and later in the year with Lala. 

@itsfi  Wow! Nice job with empties!! Glad you liked the lotion and Sulwhasoo! .... and are those We Bare Bear wipes?! Oh my gosh, that's super cute! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85, the Sulwhasoo samples you gifted me were amazing, especially the cream (I used those up last month). ๐Ÿฅฐ Thank you! โ™ฅ๏ธ I donโ€™t typically use wipes for cleansing my face, mainly my hands after Iโ€™m blending colors, etc, so I donโ€™t usually purchase a lot of wipes. I spied these We Bare Bear ๐Ÿป ones when I was standing in line (a while back) and, as Iโ€™m sure you can imagine, they somehow ended in my shopping basket. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyhow, it made me smile to see the packaging every morning. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi you did amazing!! Sorry you don't care for the DE 

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— I did some spring cleaning and found more products that I havenโ€™t used up. Some I tossed but didnโ€™t include in my empties count and others are set aside to be used up this year! 

I think I may have overhyped the DE waterfacial mask for myself based on my excitement for a DE mask and my love for many of their other skincare products. Itโ€™s not a bad mask at all, and I know itโ€™s a love for others; just not for me. It probably could have easily been added to the โ€œlikeโ€ group. I have a couple of deluxe samples of the F-balm mask and plan to save it for the fall/winter to see whether thatโ€™s a better fit and Iโ€™ll also give it a shot as an in flight โœˆ๏ธ mask the next time I fly. 

@itsfi I use it kinda like a serum, I apply it before moisturizer and it's been really good that way

Thatโ€™s a great idea @lmaster! ๐Ÿ’• I can see that working out well.  Is the DE a product you woulda repurchase?

As a matter of fact @itsfi I was debating between repurchasing this or Drunk Elephant B-Hydraโ„ข Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mLand since I have not used all of the fbalm I went for the b Hydra that I'm completely out of

Thanks for the reminder that I enjoy those Jelly Pack masks @itsfi !  Looks like you finished off the F balm from DE pretty quickly, or is time just getting away from me?  Is it a re-purchase?

1 Reply
testing