cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

May Empties:

MayEmp.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Capri Blue Be Mine Pink Sugar - this has a sweet almost piña-colada scent. It’s seasonal so won’t be repurchasing but definitely want to try more.

CLE Essence Moonlighter Cushion - I loved this for a quick glowy, slightly shimmery-but-not-glittery highlight. I am going to look into refills for this. Also, I think I am going to try a little experiment by saturating the cushion with Futuredew.

Farmacy Honey Potion - well-beloved mask for a reason. This took me a year and three months to finish, using a couple of times a month. Will likely repurchase as winter nears, because it’s a must-have for its gentle warming. I did once wear it in the shower as I thought the steam would give a nice extra heating, and it burned SO bad. Took awhile for my skin to calm down, lesson learned! Also, noticed the warming sensation waned nearing the completion of this jar. In the future, a smaller jar will be all I buy to ensure optimal performance.

Kora Organics Gentle Cleanser Sensitive Skin - I don’t really have sensitive skin, but thought I would try it anyway. A decent cleanser, did what it claimed, but not one I would repurchase. Not much of a scent, a light beige creamy texture - unobtrusive enough to recommend to a friend who does have sensitive skin.

Tula Probiotic Skincare Illuminating Face Serum - I wasn’t too excited about this after first trying it, but it’s grown on me. It’s a milky serum that mimics a primer. I ended up reaching for it often, and may RP at some point in the future.

DS

Drunk Elephant Cocomino Glossing Shampoo & Marula Cream Conditioner  - the shampoo is almost identical in function to my new favorite, Philip Kingsley’s Weightless Shampoo. It works almost as well, feels exactly the same, and has a pleasant almond scent. The conditioner, I don’t have many strong feelings about, except that it was pleasant to use.

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel - I love papaya enzyme peels. Everyone I’ve used, including this one, has been pleasant and given my skin no redness/irritation. 

Heimish All Clean Balm - this brand makes one of my favorite masks (the pH 5.5), so I thought I would give this a go. It is an easy on the skin cleanser, great for dry/normal skin. Scentless and colorless. Love balms for cleansing!

Mamonde Red EnergyRecovery Serum - a fine enough serum, would use again but no need to repurchase, as I found it to be very similar to other serums.

Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask - I received this as gratis last year. Fun to use, absolutely no results but pretty and caused no irritation.

Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask - Also a part of the above gratis, and of the set I received, this was my favorite. I like masks that I can leave on and forget about, without harming my skin. This soft gray, chalky cream did warm up slightly as I rinsed it off, which was extra soothing. A potential purchase.

Primera Alpine Berry Water Cream - I really liked this. It feels like a gel-cream hybrid, didn’t leave my skin sticky, and didn’t pill under makeup. I am currently drawing in moisturizers but wouldn’t hesitate to repurchase this one!

REN Clean Screen Mineral SPF30 - the only miss for me out of the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Set so far. Too much of a white cast that took too long to absorb. But, kept my skin safe while using it, so there is that 😄

Sephora Watermelon Cleansing Wipes - for really lazy days. always have a pack of these on hand!

She Uemera Ultimate Remedy Extreme Restoration Shampoo - another nice shampoo, though not one I would repurchase. I used this primarily before hair masks, and didn’t notice much of a difference. I much prefer their oil shampoo.

Trader Joe’s Rose Gel Mask - I used this a lot, mainly because I’ve been using toners with acids and needed something gentle beforehand. Rose scent that to me, is a little vintage, but pleasant enough to reach for often. 

Foils

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter - this is a pretty foundation, but one I’d like to try to duplicate with all of the stockpile of glowy primers I have. Gives a pretty finish to my skin.

Confessions of a Rebel Get a Room - This reminds me of Prescriptives’ Calyx. Went through this sample much faster than I anticipated.

HUM Here Comes the Sun - no idea how well these work after three doses, could be amazing. 

Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Brightening & Exfoliating Daily Cleanser - this is a nice gel physical exfoliating cleanser for someone, but not for me.  I prefer my exfoliation in the form of masks or chemical/enzymes. 

Lawless Woke Up Like This Foundation - the shades weren’t a match, but I’ve learned over time that it’s more important to pay attention to consistency and how it wears on my skin when sampling foundation. Why did it take me so long to learn this? Anyhow, it wore well, didn’t sink into my pores - I would be up for buying a FS if I had a better idea of which shade to pick up.

Missha Cho Gong Jin Eye Cream - another lovely eye cream. This was very similar to the Sulwhasoo I recently tried and loved, would definitely repurchase. Thanks @Shosh85 for this sample!

Moroccan oil Body Souffle - Loved this. Will be purchasing at some point, may be nice for fall/winter with it’s rich scent. It’s a pretty thin moisturizer, leaning toward a lotion. I usually use thicker creams for my body, but this did not leave my skin feeling dry at all.

Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Foundation - This was a winner. Again, the shades were not an exact match, but I needed a summer shade to wear as not being outside much has made my current foundations too dark. Purchased FS and love it.

YTD 
Sheet Masks164
FS51
DS72
Foils49
Total336

MayMasks.jpg

Looks like a great month of sheet masks for you @eshoe

It was pretty steady, @itsfi, I find when I am feeling too tired/lazy to mask, I picture my skin being thirsty. And then how parched it will be if I don’t mask! It’s small, but it helps motivate me:)

You get your masks to take a picture together so nicely!! @eshoe 😆 great job lovely!!

I am aiming for a year-end puzzle, @lmaster. So I’m trying to be careful with my pics:) Excited to see what six months will look like. 

@eshoe  Wow!!!! I am so impressed, and those reviews are so helpful. Thanks for including them. That's so interesting that the steam from the shower caused the honey potion to burn your face. I'll definitely keep that in mind. 

Ha, well it was a painful lesson and I just wanted to pass it along @PrettyPaint. Leave well enough alone😂

March EmptiesIMG_2727.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask
- Ren Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
- Ole Henriksen Cold Plunge Pore Mask
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield
- FAB Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer
- Burt's Bees Detoxifying Clay Mask
- L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
- PTR Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Moisturizer
- Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream
- Olivia Care Apricot + Fig Body Oil (this used to be branded under Target Beauty)
- Nivea Essentially Enriched 48hr Nourishing Body Lotion
- Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Too Faced Born This Way Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (Vanilla Apricot)

IMG_2728.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask Pack (x4)
- Papa Recipe Black Honey Mask Pack (x2)
- Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask Hydration
- Sephora Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes

IMG_2730.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Skinfix Barrier+ Lipid-Peptide Cream
- Kitao Matcha & Chia Cleansing Cream
- By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule
- The Inkey List Q10 Antioxidant Serum
- Nest Ocean Mist & Coconut Water Body Mist 
- Nest Ginger & Neroli Body Mist 
(the body mists aren't new to me, but these scents are)
- Good Molecules Squalane Oil (no different from the many other brands I've used)
- Benefit Bad Girl Bang Mascara

IMG_2729.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Jayjun Pollution-Proof Luminous Mask
- Quret Beauty Recipe Broccoli Glow Mask
- Quret Beauty Recipe Banana Moisturizing Mask

IMG_2732.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Cream
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Farmacy Honey Grail face oil

@MoniDJ Wow! What did you think of the Nest Ginger & Neroli?

@Samtian I really enjoyed using the Nest Ginger & Neroli body mist. I always used it after showering, just before going to bed. It was very relaxing.

Great empties @MoniDJ. I've been using the By Wishtrend propolis ampoule in my skincare routine this month and have really been enjoying it. 

Nicely done with the empties, @MoniDJ!! So many faves in there (OH! PTR!). What was it about the Farmacy oil that made it a no go!

@haleyvvvv @The Farmacy oil wasn’t bad, it’s just a thicker oil than I prefer. I like oils that don’t take too long too absorb and this takes quite some time.

Wow, @MoniDJ , way to use those Empties!

March Empties5 stars, would repurchase most immediately if I didn't have a massive stash or didn't just use in winter5 stars, would repurchase most immediately if I didn't have a massive stash or didn't just use in winter

4 stars, really like but some issues. 3 stars is worked but not great.4 stars, really like but some issues. 3 stars is worked but not great.

2 stars for didn't work but no negative reactions or did work but negative side effects. 1 star for nope, nope, nope.2 stars for didn't work but no negative reactions or did work but negative side effects. 1 star for nope, nope, nope.

I absolutely love a good coffee scrub. @haleyvvvv 

I definitely recommend this one, but it's a bit messy, @lmaster!!

Those Shiseido cotton pads are so luxe @haleyvvvv! <333

So luxe!! And so is the night cream!! I might be a Shiseido stan. @itsfi

@haleyvvvv, is the night cream very thick?

@itsfi, ish? It's a mid heavy cream, if that makes sense? but it looks like it got changed to a more water based one from the reviews I've seen. And that maybe the enriched one is more heavy?

testing