cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Empties - V2

@cindyvonlovely Hahaha Penalty Box, I like that! Great job!

Nice set of empties @cindyvonlovely, and I love the idea of putting the busts in the penalty box! LOL The Strawberry Poundcake sounds like it should smell delicious. I'm guessing it didn't since it landed in the Land of Meh. 

RE: Re: RE: Empties - V2

It smelled good, it was just hit or miss. Like, the shower gel didn’t have enough scent, but the body butter had too much.

Ha I like the Penalty Box Bad category, @cindyvonlovely  😂

Oh no, what happened with the CeraVe PM @cindyvonlovely? It seems CeraVe has had a few new formulations since they were purchased by L'oreal.

RE: Re: RE: Empties - V2

I really wanted to give it a chance because it seemed people love it, but my face had just never looked worse. It was like even more dried out and flaking and made me breakout everywhere, like every hour almost, I had new bumps all over my face. It was awful and getting really painful, so I stopped using it and switching to Inkey List’s Peptide Moisturizer and that healed my face almost overnight. I tried to check the expiration date of the Cerave thinking maybe it just had expired or something but it didn’t even have one and so that was the last straw and big red flags for skincare to not say an expiration date. I threw it out.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Empties - V2

Oh yuck! I've been wanting to try the Inkey List peptide moisturizer. Glad to hear it was good.

Re: Empties - V2

My sister and I teamed up to do a joint empties for the month. We are both trying to finish up any opened products we have. IMG_1762.jpeg

It feels good to go through open products @EuDeMa. You and your sister are doing a great job of getting through products that take a while to finish. Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind is on my list of items to try; nice to see it's loved.

@EuDeMa Love the collab! The Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mLis one of my favorite products!

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT Agreed! I won't use anything else

Nice job with the empties, @EuDeMa!! Really neat for you and your sister to combine. So many good products in there (Farmacy! Briogeo!). 

@haleyvvvv Thank you! It has been a fun project. Also, those are some of my favorite, go-to brands.

Very cool of you and your sis to share in the empties love, @EuDeMa! Those little Crabtree & Evelyn's are perfect purse-size creams. 

@eshoe They are great to keep in my purse, car, etc. Perfect size!

LovesLoves

100% Pure Anti-Acne sheet mask-One of my favs, but sadly it looks like it has been discontinued. 

Cosrx Patches - I always have back ups of these.

ZitSticka- There weren't many in the box, but these things worked wonders on those underground pimples. 

Those flosses are my fav as well, but alas those are also discontinued. 

Babo Botanicals sheer lip tint conditioner in plum rose. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this at some point. 

B&BW Apples and Brown Sugar hand soap. This was divine. 

Simple Facial Cleanser - This has been just a good basic cleanser for me. I already have a few backups. 

That Korres lip balm was a little freebie, but it was really good! I will I could buy these!

Loved the sample of Origins eye cream. I'm considered buying it once I go through my current stash. 

Pre de Provence hand cream in lavender - Possibly my favorite hand cream of all time. I have a couple back ups ready to go. 

Tomboy Nature Care Facial Scrub - I loved this, and I will definitely repurchase. It smelled just like orange creamsicle. Sometimes scents can bother me, but I had no problem with this one, and I always looked forward to using this. 

Clinique Even Better Foundation - I will definitely repurchase this one. It was one of the best shade matches I've had. 

Soap Loves from the farmer's marketSoap Loves from the farmer's market

LikesLikesWaste nots / Want notsWaste nots / Want notsNopes and a couple lip butter declutters that turned on me unfortunately.Nopes and a couple lip butter declutters that turned on me unfortunately.

@ThePopcornQuest  Oh, you just reminded me to consider trying the ZitSticka kit! I’ve held off because of the price; I wish I could buy more of the dots without any of the swabs. But since I love testing things and my skin/body’s so picky about what OTC acne products/ingredients I can safely use, I think I’ll order this kit. 🙂 It’ll be especially interesting to see what happens if I double down, using one of these dots atop a 9% BHA spot treatment. 

Also: that’s an impressive set of empties you’ve got! 

Thanks! That's 3 months worth of empties that were piling up! Those Zitstickas are pricey, but I ration them out for those underground pimples only, and I just use the CosRx stickers for any surface pimples. That helps me make the box last longer. Zitsticka also emails out discount codes fairly regularly as well, so I've been trying to wait to order until I have a code. Hope they work for you!

Ahhh @ThePopcornQuest, so many great empties here. Those farmer's market soaps look so fun! I can't believe this is the first time I've heard of B&BW apples and brown sugar - adding that to my list, along with those ZitSticka's - those sound like something I could put to good use; love the CosRx pimple patches - those were my intro to types of items; I always have a packet from one brand or another around the house. 

I found the B&BW apples and brown sugar during the fall season, so I hope they bring it back! Two years ago I found red apples & spice, but I haven't been able to find it since! It was also one of my favs! Those are my favorite types of scents. 

Hi @ThePopcornQuest

Awesome job! 

Best,
Rebecca

testing