cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Well I havenโ€™t bought it yet @WinglessOne but your word is enough to get me motivated to do so. Spring sale, maybe. Putting together a list now:)

I haven't posted my empties in such a long time. I hope everyone is safe and healthy! Here are my February and March empties. YTD total is 66.

February lovesFebruary loves

Spoiler

Loves : 

Some of my ultimate favorites are :

-Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

-Olaplex nยฐ3 

-Creme Shop masks

-Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play shower gel

-Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

-Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Hair Mask

-Briogeo Scalp Revival Treatment

New faves are : 

-Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Foam 1hr express

-Indie Lee Coq-10 Toner

-Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser

-Biossance Tea Tree Cleanser

-LaNeige Sleeping Lip Mask in Vanilla 

-Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo

-Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Sheet Mask

-Haruharu Wonder Maqui Berry Mask

February likesFebruary likes

Spoiler

These are nice and wouldn't mind using them again if I found a great deal but wouldn't run to the store to restock. 

February nopesFebruary nopes

Spoiler

Nopes :

I had high hopes for the Creme Shop wipes, because they are alcohol-free and vegan, but I wasn't really impressed. I needed several wipes to take all of my makeup off and even then I always had to go back with another makeup remover. The packaging was also a major let down. The hard plastic opening part was poorly glued onto the packaging and fell off which eventually dried all my wipes.

Wasn't a fan of the B&B soap scent. There was too much clove in it for me. I usually am a sucker for these holiday spices type of scent, but this was too much.

Same happened for the Being by Sanctuary Spa bath bomb, I thought it would smell delicious, but the macadamia overpowered the caramel scent.

The Shiseido Full Lash Mascara was a fail. It is totally waterproof, but it has not volumizing or lenghtening effect. It made my lash point straight forward. Plus waterproof is just so hard to remove.

March lovesMarch loves

Spoiler

Loves : 

I work in a hospital and wash my hand an incredible amount of times per day, especially in these crazy times. The Sephora Aloe Vera Hand Mask was my rescue. The mask held tightly on my hands, the serum was thick enough to deeply moisturize, but too much so it dried quickly. I wish Sephora would carry this one all year long, because I need backups ๐Ÿ˜ฉ.

The Sephora Pumpkin face mask smells incredible and does a great job at moisturizing. It doesn't smell like pumpkin though in my opinion. It has a sweet smell, not too intense.

Some of my new favorites are the Grow Gorgeous Back Into The Roots Scalp Mask (quick detox mask with a strong peppermint scent) and the Living Proof Night Cap Overnight Perfector (made my hair shine and my curls look beautiful the next morning).

The other items were lovely and would love to purchase again in full sizes.

March likes and okaysMarch likes and okays

Spoiler

The Being by Sanctuary Spa bath bombs in Chili Mango and Tonka Beans, Cloudberry and Lychee were nice. Smell isn't too overpowering or irritating and forms a light foam in the water. I bought these at Marshall's btw.

Origins Mega Mushroom Relief and Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion was nice, I feel like it really soothed my sensitive skin. I had less redness and it gave an extra hydration boost to my skin.

Okays :

The Aveeno Hand Mask let me down big time. The little stickers to made the mask stay in place weren't sticky enough. The serum was THICK, like I was putting my hands in jell-o or pudding. It took a long time to absorb. In the end my hands were hydrated but didn't perform as well as the Sephora Aloe Vera Mask.

The Sand & Fog candle in 'Passion Tea' had a very light scent. I love this brand and there other candles but I was expecting something better.

Nope :

The Cirem HCR 3-in-1 Sheet Mask was awful I forgot to put it aside in the photo. I got this from a subscription box and I'm glad it was my last one. This is the type of mask that has pieces you can attach behind your ears and around your jaw. The eye holes were so tiny I had serum on my lids and in my eyelashes. The serum wouldn't absorb into my skin like it was sitting on top of it. I felt the residue all night and was happy to wash off my face the next morning.

Great empties @ellem24! Love the skincare; and I agree with you about the pumpkin sheet mask. Iโ€™m intrigued by that self tanning foam. ๐Ÿง 

Thank you @itsfi ! It's a great affordable foam, easy to use with a color guide. I like that it has a green undertone so it gives a golden brown-olive tan, not orange at all. Plus it doesn't smell like self tanner, it smells like coconut ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I have a feeling we will be seeing a ton more empty bbw soaps ๐Ÿ˜† @ellem24 

Right on the money ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ @lmaster ! I shopped a lot at B&BW throughout the holidays and I'm still trying to use my stash lol

@ellem24 Those bath bombs sound interesting.

They are nice and not too expensive @Samtian !

Nice empties, @ellem24!! The SDJ and Briogeo are so so so good!! ๐Ÿคฉ

Thank you @haleyvvvv !! I couldn't agree more! ๐Ÿ˜Š

... and the rest of my March empties ...

MTD = 66 empties total (39 shown here + 27 from an earlier post this month)

YTD = 181 empties 

I was on a group chat last week and to make it more interactive we started with the "2 truths and a lie" game and one of the statements thrown out was "one of my side jobs is as a Shania Twain impersonator" and I was inspired to use Shania Twain songs for my empties categories. ๐Ÿ™‚

You're Still The One - these products are tried-and-true favorites that I repurchase time and time again โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
B477BDFC-C3F8-4B87-8562-EFDF4DAAF3EE.jpeg

Spoiler
Bath & Body Works Shower Gel (Winter Candy Apple) - I love the scent on this one; I pick up the shower gel, body lotion and cream every year.

Bath & Body Works Three Wick Candle (Leaves) - this is one of my favorite fall scents. We've been experiencing cooler temperatures than typical for this time of the year so I've really enjoyed burning this scent while I've been working from home this month.

Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Masks (Lavender)(Citrus Yuzu) - I'm a fan of the entire line of these gentle steam eye masks. Most of the time, I prefer the unscented version, but have been reaching a tad more frequently for the lavender and citrus yuzu versions. The yuzu seems to help me relax and fall asleep when I have allergies, a headache, or a mild case of insomnia. The lavender one I've reached for if I need to slow down the thoughts racing in my mind and need help unwinding. 

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream - this moisturizer is such a treasure for dry skin; it moisturizes without leaving my skin feeling or looking greasy. I'm a fan of Dr. Jart products and this Ceramidin line is one is one of my favorites. This cream in particular is a huge love!

GlamGlow SuperMud Treatment - I have a handful of favorite masks / products I like to use as spot treatments when I break out. This one is my go to when there's an angry pinky-red one soon to be breaking through the surface that I know is going to be a pain to deal with. This helps to shrink it and make it look less angry.

Hiddencos Americano Mask Sheet - the package looks like coffee; the essence contains coffee extracts; the mask smells like coffee. Could it get any better? Yes, it can - it leaves my skin nicely soft and nicely hydrated. 

Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Sheet Mask Moisturizing & Soothing - how is this mask is not more popular? Selfishly, that means there's more available for me. The watermelon Jolly Rancher scent is delicious and the results are great - soft, hydrated, glowy skin.

Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream - ahhhh, such a wonderful scent; always puts a smile on my face when I use this cream. 

From This Moment On - similar to the first category, I plan to repurchase these beauties but unlike the other category, these products were new to me this month โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
25236231-C077-433B-8944-7B4C4FFC0CBF.jpeg

Spoiler
Jin Jung Sung with CrediThink Snail Honey Jelly Mask - snail mucin + honey extract + jelly essence + sheet mask = perfection. Love this mask!
Primera Lotus Sheet Mask - hydrates and moisturizes so nicely!
Merbliss Wedding Dress Intense Hydration Mask Sheet - it hydrates and brightens in a super thin material that wears so comfortably - definitely fits the definition of a 'second skin' sheet mask. 

Tiziana Terenzi Single Wick Gioconda Candle (White Fire) - it's the smell and sound of a fire in candle form. 

Bath & Body Works Scented Candle (Spiced Gingerbread) - Oh my goodness. I love how it makes my house smell like warm gingerbread straight out of the oven. Mmmm...

You've Got A Way - my "likes" group. Something about thesekeeps me (or will keep me) coming back to them. Maybe one day they'll be "loves". All are repurchase-worthy but whether I actually do that soon will depend on how many other similar products I already have that I want to use up first ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š 
3.2020 like 2.jpeg

Spoiler
Tarte Sea H2O Lip Gloss (Getaway) - this is the empty I'm most proud of, not just for the month of March but quite possibly ever! It's taken me almost a full year to use it up and I used it all up! I really like the metallic mauve shade and the pearly lacquer shine. 
I'm From Mugwort Essence
Raio Moisturizing Body Lotion (Citrus Mint) 
Bioderm Hydrabio Micellar Water - wonderful for removing eye makeup and breaking down sunscreen during allergy season when my skin is sensitive and needing extra hydration, especially around my eye area.
Pantene Pro-V Intense Rescue Shots
Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence (Rose Edition)
Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich - an excellent, simple, straight-forward, "no muss, no fuss", basic and effective cream moisturizer
Sephora Collection Nourishing Moisturizer - similar to the Glossier moisturizer, but having a lighter, whipped-like consistency
Tower 28 Daily Rescue Facial Spray
Hello Fall Candle
Fresh Black Tea Firming Corset Cream

That Don't Impress Me Much - not surprisingly, there's not a ton of songs about someone or something just being 'meh' or 'okay', so I've grouped products that I consider "fine but not standout" or "it's not you, it's me" under this camp. These products are nice and I'd use these beauties if I had them, but they're not anything I feel the need to actively look for or seek out. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
9A9D76AD-5E54-40DC-81F3-FDBACBD30EBB.jpeg

Spoiler
JayJun So Cool Mask Pack - I went back and forth over this one - should it be in the "like" category or in the "it's fine/okay" camp?!! In terms of keeping the serum from leaking out, this is the best packaging for mask packs I've used so far. It doesn't irritate my skin which is always a plus but it's not a standout either. It is definitely better than a few mask packs I've used, but it's not my favorite of the ones I've gone through.
NoHJ Herbs Fit Sheet mask (Lavender)
Ultru I'm Sorry For My Skin Jelly Mask - Revitalizing - I love jelly masks and this one is quite nice; the scent on it isn't for me though and there are other jelly masks out there that are unscented or that have a scent that my nose finds more appealing.
JayJun Green Tea Eye Gel Patch - so odd that I have 2 JayJun products in my okay/meh category as I do like many of their products. These eye gels are fine enough; there are just other ones I like better.
Smashbox The Mindful 5 Nourishing Face Primer Serum - received this as a gratis and I went back-and-forth with this one. I tended to use it more on the drier parts of my face as a serum, but found it could work nicely as a primer with certain of my foundations.
The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Kocostar Slice Mask Sheet (Watermelon) - these work best for me layered under a sheet mask or for very light hydration. Will probably work nicely in the warmer months to help cool down the skin after a day in the sun.
Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask (3 - Sparkling Water)
MedCA Hydro-BAND Acne Patch
AM Piggy Head Miaoli Strawberry Brightening Moisturizing Facial Mask
Dermal Collagen Essence Mask (Wine) - this is a nice mask and could be a good choice for daily sheet masking.

I'm Outta Here - NO; "just no." These are getting decluttered. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
879C23E8-F9B2-4EA0-B33B-FBE08A394F1F.jpeg

Spoiler
Elizabeth Arden White Tea - I have a feeling this may be past its prime. It smells like straight rubbing alcohol.
boscia MATCHA Magic Super Antioxidant Mask - I liked the concept of a matcha green tea mask but this did not 'wow' me at all. I was trying to not let it go to waste, but I'm not reaching for it enough and what's left of it has completely dried out.

Breakdown (March 2020)

Spoiler
Skincare: 47
Makeup: 1
Hair care: 6
Body: 5
Nails: 0
Wellness: 0
Fragrance: 2
Other (Home): 5
Total = 66

Full Size: 41
DS/Travel/Mini: 15
Foil: 10
Total = 66

I love how you breakdown everything into categories and sizes @itsfi ! Seems like you're doing great in the skincare category ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you @ellem24! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I tend to use sheet masks regularly - 4-7 days per week and some days, Iโ€™ll use a sheet mask as part of my morning and evening routines - so that brings my skincare count up. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi Wow that's a great routine ๐Ÿ™Œ ! I can barely use one per week lol

You have a bunch of great empties!! Look at all those masks!! @itsfi 

Thanks @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m trying to do a period of time where I daily mask with one sheet mask and then another where itโ€™s a variety of sheet masks most days during the week. Or a combo of both sometimes, like this month (and probably every month, as I think about it). ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

So many empties, @itsfi, and I love the theme with Shania Twain songs!!

That Boscia mask has the propensity to dry out. I think I had two DS and one was so dry but another wasn't and it changed my mind about it a bit, still not my fave, but a gentler clay type mask that doesn't dry down too much.

@haleyvvvv, wanted to mix it up a bit and thought song titles would be a fun way to break out the different group for empties.

Yeah, I donโ€™t know if my expectations were too high but boscia mask didnโ€™t wow me at all and there are a lot more similar gentle, non-tightening, non-drying clay masks on the market nowadays.

YTD empties total: 214Loves all but lime is a likeLoves all but lime is a like

Spoiler
Likes/ lovesLikes/ loves

Shout out to @CC3616 for gifting me this amazing voluspa rose scented candle! The lime candle is better lit in combination with other scents, just my opinion

LovesLoves

Spoiler
Shouting out @missjeanie for the amazing rose micellar water and @SportyGirly125 for the Trader Joe's honey and almond body butter โ™ฅ๏ธ
Spoiler
LikesLikes

Likes/ lovesLikes/ loves

Spoiler
Not sure how the pic put itself in the spoiler lol but the isle of paradise spray is not a product I will repurchase, mainly because the sprayer can get clogged and or spray crazy! But the product itself works

NopeNope

Spoiler
These just don't work for me, either the scent, older I just don't like the way it performs

LovesLoves

Spoiler
Lots of thank you's @Shosh85 @faeriegirl @eshoe @itsfi @CC3616 loved these masks so muchLovesLoves

LOVE a good set of empties @lmaster !  That Georgia Peach candle sounds so yummy!  This thread alone has fuelled a candle addiction! lol

1 Reply
testing