cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@greeneyedgirl107  I use it a couple of times a week in place of my regular shampoo. The nozzle makes it really easy to use it in sections along the scalp. It lathers up nicely on the scalp and then I massage throughout my hair. It leaves my hair very soft and shiny. It does have a really strong scent though.

@faeriegirl Interesting!  I had no idea it lathered.  Thanks for the info - helpful!

Nice set of empties, @faeriegirl!! I'm sorry to hear most of them didn't work out!

This is a pretty pathetic amount of Empties but my last couple of months' worth were pretty good so I guess this was just an off-month for me.  

20200328_100801.jpg

I've already repurchased the Banana Bundt Cake candle (which smells AMAZING, by the way), the Redken hairspray, the Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent, the Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL, and I have a little stash of the FRESH - Sugar Lip Balm Sunscreen SPF 15 (because I go through those like water).  

The SATURDAY SKIN - Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel was actually decent but I prefer the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx™ Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and I have a backup of that in my stash so I'm happy to go ahead and start using it instead.  The Jasmine body cream was fine but nothing special and same with the little foil samples.  Sadly, while I used to love the OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g I've realized that it's no longer a favorite; I might have another mini to use up but after that I wouldn't repurchase it again.  Finally, I'm so happy to finally have finished off that stupid Elemis cleanser!  It was almost painful trying to make it through that entire bottle and it felt great to finish it off and be done with it.  And that's it--hopefully I'll have more next month :).  

That banana Bundt cake candle is just so good @CookieGirl1! 🍌 Love seeing it regularly in your empties posts. So happy for you that you’ve worked your way through the Elemis cleanser; what a relief it must be to be done with it! 😌 

@itsfi I have at least 3 or 4 more of those candles in my stash! 🍌🍰

I know how you feel @CookieGirl1 with painfully trying to finish something,,, you don't want to 😆 

@lmaster I guess at least at the end there's the consolation/ victory of knowing that you've finally just DONE it :-).

I wish I could say that about the tatcha cleanser... @CookieGirl1 I tried,,I really really tried, but I originally didn't care for the actual product,, then the lid kept getting stuck in the cap,, so,,I was done 😣

@lmaster was that the TATCHA - The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser or the Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL? I wasn't the biggest fan of the Deep Cleanse and I actually purchased the cleansing oil but haven't tried it out yet because I'm finishing off a different cleansing oil first.  Just curious :-).

@CookieGirl1 the deep cleanse, is the one I was referring to,, the oil isn't bad, not one that I would repurchase, but would use again if it was given to me

Nice empties, @CookieGirl1!! So nice that there are so many things you like and have new ones of!!

I'm just starting to use the Saturday Skin peel, but I also have a PTR in my stash to use too, so am excited to hear they're both great!! What made you take the OH mask out of your faves?

You'll have to let me know how YOU like the Saturday Skin, @haleyvvvv .  I don't necessarily dislike the OH scrub but I prefer a finer scrub for my face like the DR. BRANDT SKINCARE - microdermabrasion age defying exfoliatoror the KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment.  I like the warming effect of the Sauna Scrub but since it's so temporary and fades so quickly it almost isn't even worth it and I'm just not a fan of the larger, coarser particles in the Sauna Scrub.

I definitely will, @CookieGirl1!! Thank you!! Wednesdays are my peel days, and I just took out a DS to use this week.

🤦‍♀️ I totally though that was the Cold Plunge OH mask, not the scrub. I have all three (the OH scrub, the KS and the Dr. Brandt) in my stash to try at some point. I definitely feel like you do regarding a smaller particles. I'm using the philosophy purity scrub right now, and it's got the smaller particles so it's a gentler physical exfoliator, but no extra oomph ingredients.

My February empties - including my travel empties I posted mid-February, I had 89 empties for February, resulting in a year-to-date empties total of 115. 

LOVES3.2020 Loves.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves
  • belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb - this really is such a reliable moisturizer for me in the fall and winter months. 
  • Capri Blue Candle (Volcano) 
  • Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Shampoo and Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Conditioner - the scent reminds me of banana runts and that's a good thing. I received this as part of a gratis box. These are repurchase-worthy, but I need to get through a couple of shampoo and conditioner sets that I already have. 
  • Clinique Take the Day Off Balm - a lot of brands have been putting out some fabulous cleansers and cleansing balms. The Clinique TTDO balm was one of the first cleansing balms I used and it'll always have a place in my skincare library
  • Biore Nose Strips - this OG remains supreme when it comes to nose strips. 
  • Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water (Sensitive Skin) - I've long ago stopped counting how many bottles of these I've purchased over the years; this is the one.
  • the lip scrub by Sara Happ (Vanilla Bean) - this brand/flavor was the first lip scrub I ever used. I try to have one in my skincare collection at all times.
  • Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner (Bare) - I purchased this intending to use it to line my waterline and inner corners of the eyes, but ended up using it as (and liking it more as) lip liner. 
  • Blithe Patting Splash Mask - Soothing Green Tea - splash masks are wonderful time savers - you can get through a full routine in less time without compromising on effectiveness.

3.2020 Loves 2.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves (cont'd)
Some of these sheet masks were from January that I forgot to include.
  • It's Skin Prestige Essence Masque D'Escargot Hydro-Gel Eye Patch and It's Skin Prestige Essence Masque D'Escargot Slim Nude-Cell Sheet
  • The Creme Shop Cica-Mend Animal Face Mask
  • Benton Goodbye Redness Centella Mask Pack
  • Dr. Wu Hydrating System Extreme Hydrate Bio-Cellulose Mask with Hyaluronic Acid
  • Erborian Bamboo Shot 
  • Peripera Juice Time Strawberry Mask Sheet (Revitalizing)
  • MaskMomo Puri Milk Jelly Mask

3.2020 Loves 3.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves (cont'd)
  • TonyMoly Premium Rx Horseyu Mask Sheet - this masks has helped me understand what it means when people say you can't help who (or in this case what) you fall in love with 😉
  • Mamonde Flower Lab Essence Mask (Rose)
  • Yadah Collagen Mask Pack
  • MediLab+ Black Rose Ampoule Mask Pack Ultra Aqua
  • SNP Ice Bear Cica Mask
  • Elensilia-IntraCELL Escargot + Caviar Repairing Mask
  • Sephora Pearl Face Mask 
  • Night No Sheet, It's Silk Golden Silk Sheet Mask

LOVES - LIKES3.2020 Loves - Likes.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves - Likes
  • belif Body Bomba (Ylang Ylang) - I'm glad I didn't write off this body lotion. It was one of the products I selected for my 2020 project pan and I've rediscovered my affinity for it. 
  • The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Icy Soothing Face Mask - makes a great post-workout or after sun mask. The cute animal on the front is supposed to be a lion. It looks like a bear to me and I'm sticking with that.
  • Farmacy Honey Grail Ultra Hydrating Face Oil - this one checks off so many boxes for me. There's one other honey oil I like more but the price tag on that one makes it a pass for me.
  • Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask 
  • Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack Wash Off Pack (Aloe)

LIKES3.2020 Likes.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Oh K! Snail Sheet Mask
  • Jean Pierre Hint of Rose Rose Water Infused Hydration Sheet Mask
  • Secret Nature Nourishing Coconut Mask Sheet
  • The Face Shop Nature Eco Sun Baby Mild Sunscreen Cushion
  • Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 
  • 8 Greens 8G Dietary Supplement - these are great for on the go. The lemon-lime taste isn't bad, but I prefer the taste of actual green juice.
  • Saint Jane Luxury Beauty Serum

OKAY’s3.2020 Okay.jpeg

Spoiler
Okay's
  • TonyMoly Pure Farm Collagen Hydrogel Mask
  • Too Cool For School Pumpkin 24K Gold Mask
  • Secret Nature Moisturizing Rose Mask Sheet
  • Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Eye Cream - okay as an eye cream; my preferred usage is as a serum
  • MAC Cleanse Off Oil
  • Medca Hydro-Band Acne Patch - not sure if the pack I purchased is nearing the end of its shelf-life but this one feels gummier than other similar products
  • Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion
  • Dr. Roebuck's No Worry Hydrating Face Moisturizer

MEHs & NOs3.2020 Meh No.jpeg

Spoiler
MEH
  • Sephora The Rose Gold Mask
  • Dr. Jart All That Contours - the underside of my chin and jawline area are prone to clogged pores so I typically make adjustments to the length of a sheet mask. Since this one has built in ear hooks it makes it difficult to do that without removing much of the lower portion of the mask and the ear hooks. 
  • Too Cool For School Egg Mellow Body Butter
  • method.body Deep Detox Body Wash - I like the most of the varietals in this line but the scent on this one isn't my favorite. The cucumber and green tea I enjoy but the seaweed is a bit too ... seaweed-y for my nose.
NO (I ended up decluttering both of these items)
  • Burt's Bees Flavor Crystals Lip Balm (Tropical Pineapple) - when I think balms, I think something that will help soften and moisturize my lips. This felt hard against my lips and took too much effort to get it even the slightest of product from the tube onto my lips. 
  • Tarte SEA Surfer Curl Volumizing Mascara - this has a drier formulation and I initially really liked it, but after a few uses, it started to flake and smudge, and clump my lashes together. 

BREAKDOWN

Spoiler

MTD
YTD
Full size
Deluxe / travel / mini
Foil
Total

MTD
YTD
Skincare
Makeup
Hair care
Bath & Body
Nails
Wellness
Other
Total

@itsfi I was reading though nodding my head all the way through your post.  Gotta ask... what's a splash mask?

@missjeanie, a "splash mask" is a highly concentrated liquid that usually consists of an exfoliating acid (i.e., glycolic, lactic, etc.), glycerin and certain other good-for-your-skin ingredients, depending on the intended purpose of the splash mask. The idea is that the potency of the 'splash mask' condenses the traditional 15-20 minute sheet mask session to about 15 seconds. I KNOW!! 15 seconds!!

It's usually marketed as a toner, mask and moisturizer in one product. There's usually a couple of different ways you can use a splash mask. One, is in the shower - hop in the shower, measure out a 1/2 capful of the 'splash mask', pour into cupped palms and then pat the 'splash mask' onto face for 15 seconds as the water from the shower is mixed in with the splash mask as you "splash" your face with the liquid and the water from the shower head. After patting face dry, I follow up with my moisturizer and sunblock.

Another way to use it is to fill a deep bowl with water and then add a half a capful into the bowl and then splash your face with the mixture before patting dry and following up with moisturizer and sunblock.  It retexturizes the skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. 

There's several different splash masks out there. Sephora used to carry 3 from Blithe and 1 from boscia, but no longer stocks them. In addition to those 2 brands, Skinfood also makes a splash mask.

@itsfi How have I never heard of this??? This sounds absolutely wonderful!  I've been doing more gentle scrubs lately to cut down on time and rinsing them in shower.  I'm so pumped to explore this new genre of masking, thanks so much for the introduction! Do you have a favourite splash mask?

Great job! @itsfi 😋😋😋

@itsfi 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Great job @itsfi too bad the cute pig mask didn't make the cut

3 Replies
testing