cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

The addiction is absolutely real!!! @missjeanie 

Nice empties, @lmaster!! I also did not enjoy the human+kind lotion (doesn't hydrate! And the scent isn't for me, although my partner enjoyed). But so many lovely looking masks!! And that Omorovicza (I think?) looks amazing!!

@haleyvvvv thank you!! Yep the lotion scent was not for me, and I agree,, didn't do much for lasting hydration, the omorovicza toner spray is great,,I may have to repurchase at some point, I just need to really keep at using the products I have before even thinking about repurchases...... We know how that goes 😆

Wowwy @lmaster! 🙌🏼 Look at all those empties... and those amazing sheet masks! 😍 Nice work; you’re getting through so many products! You go girl!! 📣 

@itsfi thank you thank you!!! Waste not want not,, is that the saying 🤣

@lmaster  Looks like you've been busy! Great job using things up! Love all your mask loves! 😃

@Shosh85 thank you!! I need more Lapcos and the saem needs to get into production!! 😆

My empties bag is getting full so I’ll post my empties for March in multiple posts. Here are my empties for the first part of March. ETA: list of products (see spoilers).

♥️ LOVES ♥️ - these will all be repurchased if they haven’t already; except for the facial cottons since I’m working on transitioning to reusable rounds.3.2020 loves pt 1.jpeg

Spoiler

* Shiseido Facial Cotton - these are the best facial cottons around - so soft, absorbent, etc
* SNP Soothing Ampoule Mask

* The Creme Shop Blueberry Banana Fusion Sheet Mask
* Peripera Smoothie Time Mask Sheet (Revitalizing Blueberry)
* Biore Nose Strip - Citrus
* Biore Ultra Nose Strip
* Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask (Yuzu)
* The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter

👍🏼 LIKES (and will repurchase) 👍🏼 3.2020 Likes pt 1.jpeg

Spoiler
* Leaders Insolution Aquablend Oil Pocket Mask Nourishing with Italian White Truffle - this is one of the few oil masks I really like. I'll pick up a couple more when there's a sale to keep on hand for wintertime.
* Sephora Watermelon Cleansing Wipes
* Innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 2X with Super Volcanic Clusters Wash Off Mask
* Voluspa Blackberry Rose Oud Tin Candle - I keep opening up the tin to pick up the scent from this candle.

😃 LIKES (but will not repurchase) 😃 - these were good products, but I won't repurchase because either (a) I just have others within the same category that I want to use up before purchasing similar products or (b) there are similar functioning products I like better3.2020 Likes (no rebuy) pt 1.jpeg

Spoiler
* su:m 37 Secret Essence 
* Redken All Soft Mega Recovery Tissue Mask Cap - too many hair masks in the bin as it is with ones that I've stocked up on as well as one in the queue to test out
* Kracie Ichikami Natural Care Select Smooth Shampoo
* Kracie Ichikami Natural Care Select Smooth Treatment
* AmorePacific The Essential Creme Fluid - the consistency is too thin to perform well on my skin, but I do like it as a serum; I just have a large supply of serums waiting to be used and I have multiple unopen deluxe samples of this fluid so no need to repurchase
* Bybi Strawberry Oil Booster
* Whamisa Organic Flowers Toner Deep Rich

🙁 Meh / No 🙁not pictured - CVS blueberries & yogurt wash off masknot pictured - CVS blueberries & yogurt wash off mask

Spoiler
* Saturday Skin Rub-A-Dub Refining Peeling Gel  - this is fine, I think PTR FirmX performs better
* Aveda Nutriplenish Shampoo (Light Moisture)
* Aveda Nutriplenish Conditioner (Light Moisture)
* The Face Shop Real Nature Potato Sheet Mask
* Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack Potato Wash Off Pack - it's a fine enough mask, just not standout
* Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet - I really like how this fragrance starts off but the affection doesn't last with it as it dries down
* First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
* CVS Blueberry and Yogurt Soothing Cream Facial Mask (not pictured) - I'm pretty sure it wasn't suppose to "tingle-burn" for as long as it did before I just decided it was enough

I’ll do a final tally and breakdown for all my March empties at the end of the month. Empties so far, MTD = 27 and YTD = 142.

@itsfi Great job on your empties!

Best,

Rebecca

I love the categories you used for photos @itsfi , and yes, the Shiseido cottons are the best, though I totally understand the desire to swap to a re-useable product.

Thanks @missjeanie! 🙂 I love that there are many good products out there and more coming out and while I love trying new products, it's nice (and helpful) for me to see, to know which ones are worth spending my money on, again! 😉 

Soooooo many empties, @itsfi, wow!! Nice line up of products!

Before I got some of the Shiseido pads last year on sale, I thought they were overhyped and $$, but now, after using, they're just so soft and amazing and definitely worth it (but I'm also transitioning to reusable rounds).

100% agree with you on the Shiseido cottons @haleyvvvv. I plan to keep a bag or two of them around even after I’ve made the full switch over to reusable rounds. 

We are so close with our YTD totals @itsfi great job!!

@lmaster, are you finding you are going through your products at a faster or slower rate than you thought or are you getting through items as you expected? I often feel like I’m just using products and it’s going like normal and then all of a sudden I’m so close to being done. 🤔 Ha! 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I feel like since taking expiration dates more seriously and actually checking dates @itsfi has made me choose products strategically and be more consistent with using them, so I actually use it faster than if I was rotating multiple products,,, now lippies,,, those just have to be rotated 🤣

Here are my February empties.

Favs

IMG_20200305_234352.jpg

Spoiler
The Differin helps control my breakouts, I'm happy I can get it OTC and have gotten a larger size since this worked well. I was surprised how much I liked the consistency of the Origins. I would consider trying a larger size to see how well it works, but I am drowning in eye cream samples. I was really happy with this Mitomo mask; my pores looked wicked small the next day, but my face felt nicely moisturized. I am happy I have a pack of them to keep using.

Good to Oks

IMG_20200305_234539.jpg

Spoiler
The Boscia, Love Wellness, and Glow Recipe are good enough to warrant repurchasing. I liked the Ouia oil, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I have liked the Tony Moly foot peel, but this time around it took longer to start the peeling and didn't peel as much. The Cactus mask was just fine, probably wouldn't repurchase though.

Meh/Nopes

IMG_20200305_234640.jpgIMG_20200305_234915.jpg

Spoiler
The IT cleanser was fine. I would use again, but definitely wouldn't purchase or go out of my way to use it. I found all of the lip balms to be lacking in moisture. I was most disappointed by the Fresh one. It smells SOOOO good, but just didn't last. And it was may more expensive than the other two. I am decluttering the deodorants. They gave both my bf and I rashes/irritation on our skin. The DE was technically expired, so I was using it on days that I wasn't going to see much sun. I freaking hate the stuff. I should not feel the need to use it if it comes across my life again.

Totals for Feb/(year totals): 5 FS (10), 5 DS (8), 4 Foils (8), 2 Declutters (4).

I still didn't hit my 20 goal, but I got closer. I am travelling in March, so hopefully I make a good dent in things and can bring the average up!

That's a great goal! @snoflakefaerie hopefully you get closer next month 😉

@snoflakefaerie, do you apply the Differin gel every night? 

There are a handful of DE products I steer clear of; the sunscreen being one of them - I had a bad reaction to some ingredient in the sunscreen. It was not good, to say the least.

@itsfi I don't use the Differin every night. At most I use it every other night because I use Drunk Elephant TLC on the off days, the two pretty much control my acne. I think my skin would be able to tolerate using nightly if I wanted though. 

@snoflakefaerie did the Kopari not work or what didn't you like? I haven't tried that one so I'm curious. Thanks!

testing