cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

It was my first time trying their products, and I definitely love that line @lmaster  !! 😍Luckily it's become more available here in Canada

Oh that's great! @emiie their styling products are great as well

My January 2020 empties ! Last year, I kind of lost track of my progress in the middle of the year for health reasons, so this year I am trying to do better and finish more products than ever ! Overall, I am happy with this first month of the year. I may not have finished as many products as I intended to, but most of these were "loves". It shows me that I am getting better and better at picking what works for me ! 🙂 

IMG_1771.JPG

Spoiler
  • Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch : These are my holy grail pimple patches and a staple product in my skincare routine. It helps heal blemishes faster, and it also keeps it from getting more inflamed. After one use, the pimples are definitely more flat, because the patches absorb most of the gunk in it. * I will keep repurchasing, again and again.
  • A’Pieu Coffee Milk Firming One-Pack Sheet Mask : This mask was very hydrating and had a lovely smell, just like iced coffee. I enjoy the thickness of the mask, it stayed on my face comfortably. It did feel firming, but it would take many uses to feel the real effects of it. * Would repurchase it.
  • Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris (400 ml) : An excellent alcohol-free toner that came in a value size. It helped to refresh my skin and left it feeling clean, but not dry. It is ideal for combination skin, as it keeps it balanced. This is probably my 5th bottle of it that I used up. * I would repurchase again, but I have many other toners to use up first.
  • Lush Santa Workshop Bath Bomb : This bomb turned my bath’s water into a beautiful mix of green and blue, and the smell was very festive. It also had tiny gold glitters, which weren’t hard to clean afterwards though. This is very strongly scented, which I did enjoyed. I stayed in my bath a long time and the smell didn’t fade away. * I will repurchase if this is available again next Christmas.
  • Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Sheet Mask : Really happy that I picked this mask for my Ipsy Glam Bag add-ons ! The price was great (US$3 for two masks !) and the mask was lovely. It was very hydrating for a gel mask, and it did stick to my face. Particularly great to use in the morning or before an event, as you don’t have to wait for serum to absorb into your face. * I might repurchase it during a sale, as it is more expensive for a single mask than I would usually pay (CA$8).
  • Kenra Volumizing Conditioner (300 ml) : The texture is quite light, but it worked great on my hair type. It was very moisturizing and helped with tangles. My hair was super soft after using it, and it didn’t felt weighed down. The conditioner works wonderfully in combination with the shampoo. * I would repurchase it.
  • L’Occitane Milk Extra-Gentle Soap with Shea Butter (50g) : Very nice soap that does not dry down my skin. It smells lovely and natural, and it was very hydrating. It did not worsen my KP. * I would repurchase this smell again. I have other soaps from L’Occitane to use up now.
  • Dr. Teal’s Relax & Relief Eucalyptus & Spearmint Foaming Bath : Helped to sooth my sore muscles and was very relaxing. I enjoy this smell and it made my bathroom smell so good afterwards. I like the fact that it is cheap and easy to find in store. * Already repurchased.
  • The Face Shop The Solution Soothing Face Mask : I love using this mask when my skin feels inflamed and when I have blemish(es). It helps sooth the skin and is also hydrating at the same time. The consistency of the mask is great, and there is a great amount of serum in the packaging. * Will repurchase again.
  • Laneige Lavender Water Sleeping Mask : This sleeping mask is amazing ! I loved the lavender scent, it worked as effectively as the original scent. My skin felt very smooth and radiant after every use. I wake up and my face looks plumped and more healthy. The gel texture is also perfect for my combination skin, all year long. The mask is very hydrating. * Started a new tube and will keep repurchasing.

IMG_1772.JPG

Spoiler
  • Skin79 Aloe Fresh Garden Mask : Felt hydrating overall and it had a lot of serum in the packaging as well. It felt a bit sticky, but it might be because my skin wasn’t too dry at that time. * I might repurchase if I see it again at Marshall’s in the future. It’s not widely available, so I won’t seek for it so much. I still have some of these masks in my stash.
  • JM Solution Rose Glow Luminous Flower Firming Mask : This mask was very hydrating and had a lot of serum coming along with it. The mask also had a nice thick consistency. However, the scent was a bit strong and I didn’t really see much of a firming effect. * I might repurchase on a future trip to Miniso. I think I have one (or more) of these still in my mask stash.
  • L’Occitane Aromachologie Intensive Repair Shampoo (500 ml) : Really did enjoy the smell of this product (very spa like), and how it left my hair clean and feeling fresh. I started using it in summer and it worked well. However, after a while, it stopped working for my hair, which is a bummer. Not sure if it was because of season change or something else. I enjoy the fact that refills can be bought, so it’s less packaging thrown away. * I still have a refill for this product, so I will use that and see if it can work again for my hair. Might repurchase, depending on the results.
  • Belif The True Cream – Aqua Bomb : I enjoyed the texture of the gel, since I have combination skin. A little does go a long way with this product - However, I found that it wasn’t as effective as other similar products, for example the Laneige gel. It works better for summer time. * I would use it again if I had a sample of it, but probably won’t repurchase a full size.

IMG_1773.JPG

Spoiler
  • A’Pieu White Milk Hydrating One-Pack Sheet Mask : If it was just for its results, this mask would be in the « loves » category, and if it was just for the scent of it, it would be a big « Nope ». This mask left my skin super hydrated and radiant after using it. However, I couldn’t get over the scent - it was almost like sour milk. It also lingered on the skin long after use, making me nauseous. * I would not repurchase, but I have another one to use.

January 2020 : 15 Empties 

@emiietackiness in masks is kind of a downer for me too, though many put it to good use in the AM for makeup prep. In case you need to use up the rest of those masks😉

@eshoe That's actually a great idea ! I usually mask at night, but I will try this trick with masks I don't really enjoy haha 🙂 

Thank you @emiie but I can’t take credit for it-just passing the tip along 🙂 

Nice empties @emiie! I’ve heard good things about the Clarins toner; I made a note to look into it for the warmer months when my skin is more combination. 

I really enjoy this one Clarins toner @itsfi  ! 🙂 I would definitely recommend it for spring and summer

Hi @emiie,

Great empties. Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

Great job!! Love seeing the sheet masks @emiie 

January empties: 

7E799722-8CA5-41A1-A197-243D96DF2BBE.jpeg831AA405-C895-4A3B-B8A4-000F704679ED.jpeg
Spoiler
2C577C9E-2EBC-4394-A232-53B01316DE36.jpeg
Spoiler

Hi @WinglessOne ,

I have been loving THE ORDINARY - Buffet! It keeps my skin really smooth. Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Good bunch of empties at @WinglessOne ! How does the Ordinary serum work for you?

@Brutalitops  Buffet’s been in my skincare routine for a year. At first, I used it each morning. Then I switched to using it at night. Either way, it’s a nice big boost of peptides that help the rest of my skincare products work better. Its hyaluronic acid helps keep my skin hydrated. My favorite way to use it now is to spritz the YTTP Adaptogen Mist over it: the HA in Buffet draws moisture from the YTTP mist to my skin like a magnet and holds it there. 

I find Buffet needs time to fully soak into skin, otherwise it’ll pill under anything you layer over it. I give it 2-3 minutes to soak in. The serum has a nice smooth consistency, not watery or thick and syrupy, and not sticky. The only thing I don’t like about Buffet is the glass bottle and dropper: I don’t hate them, but I always transfer the serum to a reusable airless vacuum pump bottle because I prefer that delivery system over the glass dropper. Plus, I hate traveling with glass dropper bottles. But yeah, Buffet is great stuff! 

Good to know @WinglessOne , especially since I’ve been using the YTTP most too ☺️

I have a whole box of those Creme Shop Turmeric masks that I need to get to using. I think you have inspired me! 

I haven't tried the Peace Out acne dots, but I love the CosRx ones. They are so effective, it's almost magical. I've recently tried a Shea Moisture conditioning mask that I have been really impressed with; I am encouraged to try more of their products.

Good set of empties @WinglessOne.

Gotta love the oozoo bear @WinglessOne 😉

Nice empties @WinglessOne!!! I've used the Oozoo Bear mask a few times before too, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! 

Starting the year off on a good foot!

Would it be one of my Empties WITHOUT B&BW candles or Mac Fix+?Would it be one of my Empties WITHOUT B&BW candles or Mac Fix+?Liked everything except the dry shampoo--I've gone through a couple of this rendition and while i love the scent, it leaves my hair with a film on it that I don't like.  I repurchased something else.Liked everything except the dry shampoo--I've gone through a couple of this rendition and while i love the scent, it leaves my hair with a film on it that I don't like. I repurchased something else.No standouts good or bad EXCEPT the NatureLab Tokyo shampoo and conditioner which sapped the life out of my hair.No standouts good or bad EXCEPT the NatureLab Tokyo shampoo and conditioner which sapped the life out of my hair.My favorites from the bunch were the Fresh Sugar balm (again, can't have an Empties without at least one of them!) and the Sephora Collection Primer.My favorites from the bunch were the Fresh Sugar balm (again, can't have an Empties without at least one of them!) and the Sephora Collection Primer.Not Empties but I'm decluttering them both.  The Living Proof Prime Style Extender gets great reviews and I was really excited to try it but it literally did NOTHING for my hair.  The Wander Beauty Nude Illusion foundation was a huge disappointment as well because it's one that i'd wanted to try for awhile based off of some very positive reviews from a couple of YouTubers that I really trust/enjoy.  However, it was a complete and utter fail for me; it oxidized and regardless of any moisturizer, primer, powder, etc that I used it aged me about 20 years and showed fine lines that I didn't even know I had.  Byeeeeee.Not Empties but I'm decluttering them both. The Living Proof Prime Style Extender gets great reviews and I was really excited to try it but it literally did NOTHING for my hair. The Wander Beauty Nude Illusion foundation was a huge disappointment as well because it's one that i'd wanted to try for awhile based off of some very positive reviews from a couple of YouTubers that I really trust/enjoy. However, it was a complete and utter fail for me; it oxidized and regardless of any moisturizer, primer, powder, etc that I used it aged me about 20 years and showed fine lines that I didn't even know I had. Byeeeeee.

@CookieGirl1 oooooo I see some amazing candles!!

Oh those candles @CookieGirl1! Nicely done!! 😃

1 Reply
testing