cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Hahaha! 😂🤣😂 I just laughed and laughed after reading your comment about how old your Clinique lipstick is; you crack me up @missjeanie! 😆 That snail 🐌  gel sounds good; I have it in one of my bins and will dig it out after I get through a couple open body lotions. I’m glad to hear it’s a love for you. 😃

It’s really sad how I tend to keep some stuff but am drastic in decluttering in other areas @itsfi . I thought for the price the snail gel was fantastic. It’s not a holy grail item, but I’d pick it up again for sure — after I go through some of the 98 open bottles I have (maybe some exagération there lol). 

I actually just bought the snail gel at Marshall's this past weekend.  Haven't tried it yet.  Have a few bottles to go through first. 

Impressive goals @missjeanie! I'm sure you'll get the ratio where you want it this month! Keep it up!

I agree about the tea tree scent on the briogeo @missjeanie - I'm glad it disappears. I wish it lasted a whole day on me. So far my best luck had been Schmidt's. Which other deodorants have you tried?

I'm so happy you liked the HH cleanser. And I'm a fan of D*mn girl too!

Your ratio will improve I'm sure. You have a lot of empties for one month!

@ShortErica I found at first when I started to use it it didn't last all day, but the longer I gave it a shot, the better it worked.  Or maybe I was just working less and therefore not as sweaty?  Either way, I liked it by the end and was sad that it done.  I'm working on a Schmidt's now, the Coconut Pineapple.  I enjoy the scent on this one much better, but frankly, after a half hour or so I don't notice it at all.  The formula here feels odd, like it's thick or something?  And the white tends to get on my shirts during costume changes if I'm not careful.  Once I decided I wasn't crazy about the Schmidt's, I started testing the Lavanila Blackberry.  I've only used this one a few days so I don't really have an impression as of yet.  So far I'm saying the Briogio is my favourite.   But that doesn't mean that I won't be testing out others!

Interesting about the Schmidt's @missjeanie. I feel like the Ylang Ylang one's scent lasted a while. The Rose+Vanilla I'm using now has a strong smell at the beginning of the day and by afternoon I can't smell it. But also I don't smell by the end of the day which is what I want. I have a Lavanila Sport one to try out next. I'll finish off the Briogeo and Schmidt's then that one next. I bet the blackberry smells nice. Does the scent last? I'll be curious about it. I love blackberries to eat. I kinda like testing them all too. Thanks to Sephora for sending me Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g and starting this adventure!

I like trying them all out too @ShortErica !  How did you like the Farmacy?

@missjeanie so I don't misremember I've copied my empties write-up and my comments I found in the gratis thread..some of it is repeats

Spoiler
Empties: "First natural deodorant I've tried. Impressed me enough that I am going to try other natural deodorant. This worked better during a workout than "normal" deodorant but didn't keep me as fresh for "normal" workdays. I used it for 2 months so at $15, that's $90 for deodorant a year and I'm not sure I want to spend my budget that way."

Gratis: "this is the 1st natural deodorant I've tried and this was the most exciting item for me in the box. For me it performs much better during workouts vs. "normal" deodorant. But during a regular day, "normal" deodorant is the winner. By the afternoon I don't smell but just don't feel as fresh. This has encouraged me to explore natural deodorant after I finish the last two "normal" ones I have. Oh, and I have finished the Farmacy. I used it consistently and it lasted 2 months. Again, $15 X 12/2 (months) would mean $90 in deodorant a year. Not sure I want to spend my budget this way. It does work pretty well and the smell was pleasant so I'd classify it as I will use it if I have it but not repurchase it myself."

Interesting @ShortErica , truth be told my biggest ‘workout’ is walking around my part time job serving beer in brewery, sad to say. I don’t think I need a crazy string deodorant these days, though I had been using a clinical one for the last 10 years. I think this is going to be a lot of experimenting!

Yes, the experimenting is fun @missjeanie 😊

Wow I learned a lot from your post @missjeanie. Most importantly, Briogio makes deodorant? Those Beauty Rush glosses-I went through my fair share of those😄

600 is your goal this year? That’s a great one, especially if you have quite a few DS. 

@eshoe If I hadn't have gotten the Briogio in a Gratis box, I'd never have known about it either!  I'm super thankful to have tried it though, and could see myself picking another up.  And it's been my gateway into switching up my deodorants! 

Yes @eshoe it was a part of gratis maybe in the fall and I got one too. I liked it (though would prefer a different scent) but it just didn't last a full day for me.

@missjeanie I don't particularly care for lip palettes myself! You got a nice bunch of empties and declutters here 👍

I love the idea of having a bunch of different colours in a smaller volume, but it's just not convenient for my life @lmaster .  Glad I'm not alone!

600 Empties is an impressive goal, @missjeanie, but it looks like you're WELL on your way 🙂

lol @CookieGirl1 my stretch goal is 712!  I really need to curate my collection better and am hoping that I can manage to at least a bit this year!

GoodGoodOKOKBad/ DecluttersBad/ DecluttersGoodGood

January empties! It's a touch misleading since I started my clearout crusade in Dec., but I'm still proud of the progress I made with my trial sizes and I'm on track to finish my DS/ backup night moisturizers this month

Spoiler
I loved everything with the green stars and I would buy any of them again. The yellow category I liked and would use/ buy in an emergency if my first picks weren't available. The red was a mix of things I failed to use before the expiration date (DE Retinol, Dream mask) and the others just didn't perform well (goddess palette) or I really couldn't stand and threw out without finishing- all the others.

Oh wow the Aveda toner @Brutalitops - is it scented like any of their other products? I need to place an order and that looks interesting. I’m working my way though the Shampure composition oil, it’s nice mixed with unscented body cream. How is the Beautiful scent?

@eshoeI like the beautifying scent, it's still definitely essential oil-y but definitely less strong and more... mainstream? Not sure how to describe it exactly but very relaxing

testing