cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

RE: Re: Empties - V2

@l8totheparty Green Clean is the best!

Re: Empties - V2

Loves- have backups of many of these things or will repurchase!Loves- have backups of many of these things or will repurchase!

Okay- didn’t like the briogeo be gentle be kind. Made my scalp feel very dry. The other briogeo packettes are nice though. Rest are just Meh!!Okay- didn’t like the briogeo be gentle be kind. Made my scalp feel very dry. The other briogeo packettes are nice though. Rest are just Meh!!

Hi @jen81 ,

Awesome set of empties! I like the Briogeo Leave in Conditioner I love for my curls! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi @jen81,

Lots of great empties! I love lots of your loves too 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I am in love with the Briogeo Mini Farewell Frizz™ Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner Spray 1.75 oz/ 52 mL, it makes me wonder how good your Briogeo Farewell Frizz is.  

@jen81 

I love to use it on my hair and my daughters @l8totheparty . Hydrated but not greasy at all! Use on dry and wet hair. Definitely an HG product for me.

I love your loves!! @jen81 

Re: Empties - 2019

I finished off less than I wanted to in December, however I'm still pleased with my yearly progress and having used up some products I'm not in love with.

492 empties used this year.  My original goal was 400 then my stretch goal was 500.  Keep in mind I do count foils etc. since they're still getting the boot out of my house.

All together, check out all those hotel S&C's.  Still got some left.   They just keep multiplying?All together, check out all those hotel S&C's. Still got some left. They just keep multiplying?My favourite loves.  The DJ Ceramidin, the Bite Lip Mask, and the Cosrx propolis serum.  Does anyone make a conditioner as good as the stuff with my hair dye?My favourite loves. The DJ Ceramidin, the Bite Lip Mask, and the Cosrx propolis serum. Does anyone make a conditioner as good as the stuff with my hair dye?I enjoyed these products, but they aren't loves. I ended up using up the Nars velvet concealer as a bit of a foundation product to boost my tinted sunscreen when I wanted more coverage.  The body was was nicely scented, but aren't they all.  The Supergoop moisturizer isn't my favourite, but Like the high SPF.  The Shiseido sunscreen is a good one and I'm working through a full size at the moment.I enjoyed these products, but they aren't loves. I ended up using up the Nars velvet concealer as a bit of a foundation product to boost my tinted sunscreen when I wanted more coverage. The body was was nicely scented, but aren't they all. The Supergoop moisturizer isn't my favourite, but Like the high SPF. The Shiseido sunscreen is a good one and I'm working through a full size at the moment.masks for the month, best on the bottom, worst on the top.  Some user error to blame.masks for the month, best on the bottom, worst on the top. Some user error to blame.

492 is incredible @missjeanie nice work! Curious how you tracked everything. I’m going to do that for the first time this year, I just want an easy and efficient system. 

I honestly just kept one note in my phone called 2019 empties. Each month I’d write in how many loves, likes, meh’s, and nopes. Some months I counted masks separately then put a total empties number in. I counted everything, sheet masks, samples, foils, and full size without keeping track of the sizes. At the end of every month I kept a running total. 
mom thinking of switching it up this year though to count full size, samples, and foils? Or i may simplify and just have the totals. In my mind it’s about trying to use up more than I bring in, so one ‘thing’ is really enough info to make me feel ok. The hard part this year is going to be counting what comes into my home @eshoe !

That’s a good system @missjeanie. I kept track for a few months but nothing too detailed or fancy. I think monthly  empties might work better for me than weekly tracking (which was pretty time-consuming).

Oh for sure @eshoe I've done monthly.  I found it was less pressure to go through things.  I just toss them all in a re usable bag at the bottom of my sink and it's rarely over filled to the point where I would have done it early.

Ahhhh love seeing all the empties @missjeanie 😍

I was planning on doing a little summary of 2019, but I have my first empty of 2020 already so it’s a dual celebration post! My official first empty of the new year is the DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Camo Drops SPF 44 ! I  love how a couple drops in my moisturizer makes my skin even and bright all day (I usually skip foundation for work). I’m going to try the GLAMGLOW - GLOWSTARTER™ Mega Illuminating Moisturizer to see if I like that effect better when used the same way. The Dr. Jart did leave a slight chalkiness if I accidentally used too much.

B63BD2F5-0BC2-4087-919F-FD5D1F8A5302.jpeg

My 2019 goal was 150 items finished. I don’t include soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, deodorant, toothpaste, foils/samples (other than DS), one time use sheet masks or perfume samples. I ALMOST made it, coming in at 146! I’m pretty happy and have set my 2020 goal again at 150, except this year I’d like to add in that at least 50 should be makeup.

Final tally and best/worst from this year

Spoiler

I love your Best/Worst system, @cianni! Very helpful.

Totally agree about the wipes! @cianni 

I do not love the glam glow moisturizer as a moisturizer and I’m totally going to try to mix some with my reg moisturizer to see if I’ll use the product that way! Thanks!! Also going to try those dr jart drops per this recommendation I’m always looking for a good product for a day I have less time in the morning to get ready but want my skin to look even and glowy! Congrats on your product usage and enjoy all the ones you use this year can’t wait to hear about them 😊

Congrats on coming soooo close to achieving your goal, @cianni.  I'm seriously impressed--that's awesome that you were able to use up so much!

@cianni Great progress through the year!  I have to agree too... that Cake dry shampoo was a fail for me as well. 

84851525-6BC1-4A0C-8180-9672205051B2.jpeg

All products I use and love on a regular basis. The acne dots are great, been going through so many due to totally random recent breakouts. 

Always helpful to hear about a good acne dot @lnum!

testing