cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@l8totheparty  I like the smell and it goes on well. Doesn’t seem to last all day. After a few hours if I sweat at all I start to stink. Was hoping it would be my winter one as I don’t seem to sweat as bad. I did finish it though but wouldn’t repurchase. 

@l8totheparty could you share pros/cons of Schmidt's vs. Native since you've tried them both? I'm glad it's working for you!

Native:

Pros:

-smoother

-longer lasting coverage 

Cons:

-price

-US pricing/ordering

Vs Schmidt 

Pros:

-less expensive

-easier to find/order in Canada

-scent stays longer

Cons:

-sage scent is questionable 

-not as smooth on armpits as Native

*So far! I've only used Native for a week now.*

Neither was better for amount of sweat production. I needed to reapply both before goi g out in the evening. Also to note: I didn't do a heavy workout in either, just heavy house cleaning. 

*note: I do not have sensitive armpits*

@ShortErica 

Thanks @l8totheparty! I don't appreciate having to "warm up" the Schmidt's to apply it. But it has worked the best for me so far. I'm going to keep trying different ones though.

Yeah, that 'warm up' is not required in Native.  You won't know if you like it or not unless you try it.  @ShortErica 

@ShortErica my mom really likes the Native deodorant, primarily because she has SUPER sensitive skin and quite honestly she's also definitely someone who sweats a lot--it's actually a condition that she has.  I know that the Native is one of the few non-irritating natural deodorants that she's tried and while even she admits that it obviously doesn't KEEP her from sweating (since it isn't an antiperspirant) that it does provide enough odor control for her.

Thanks for sharing @CookieGirl1! I have the BRIOGEO - B. Well Tea Tree + Eucalyptus Clean Deodorant to finish, a Lavanila to try and some Schmidt's backup but I probably should check out Native just to be thorough in my own researching of it. I don't mind sweating some, I just don't want to smell.

@ShortErica I have used the lavanila before and liked it, might have to try again. 

I really like the Lavanilla too, @jen81 @ShortErica. Right now I’m using Meow Meow Tweet (ridiculous name) and it was great when I first opened it but as I’m nearing the end it is pretty dry and hard to use. Glad I stumbled upon this discussion.

@eshoe there's a thread by @naturalooks15 asking about natural deodorant for her kids where people have discussed their experiences with different ones. Not sure if you have experience with others that might help her. Glad Lavanila was good for the most part. Hoping it works for me too!

Ah thank you, @ShortErica, I will check it out. 

@ShortErica I've also heard good things about both MegaBabe and Myro deodorants that Target carries as well as one from Nateur.  @WinglessOne is a natural deodorant guru and she can definitely give you some detailed recs :). 

@CookieGirl1 oh yes - @WinglessOne just taught me about Routine deodorant. I hadn't heard of Megababe or Myro and I've been in Target plenty of times. I'll have to stop in again..haha!

I’ve been the worst at posting the last couple months but just a little check in - I’m officially at 109 empties to date for 2019! I don’t count: foils, shampoo or conditioner (just dry shampoo), deodorant, toothpaste or sheet masks. I’d like to hit 150 by the end of the year! No photos but notable LOVESSSS and Hard No’s for July-today are in spoilers!

LOVES

Spoiler

Womp, womp

Spoiler

@cianni WOW! That is amazing! I am sure you will hit your goal 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you!! @RebeccaBT finishing so many things has definitely helped me feel better about my unsuccessful no-buy😂

You're doing awesome on the empties, @cianni!  EVERYONE seems to love that dry shampoo--it really must be amazing 🙂

@CookieGirl1 sooooo good! Definitely keep an eye out for it as a GWP or in a set. I’ve seem to accumulate a bunch in various sizes that way, so they’re definitely in the rotation of things that tend to pop up often in that kinda stuff 

Great job on the empties @cianni!! 🙌🏼 I’m going to have to give that IGK dry shampoo a try; sounds like a nice one! 😃

@itsfi I ended up buying the value set yesterday 😂 IGK - Upgraded First Class Duo. If anyone had told me I’d willingly pay $35 for dry shampoo (and not just get one as a GWP or in a SF set), I definitely would have put money that there was nothing on earth that could part me from my beloved $12.99 for the value size batiste 😂 but truly it is THAT good!!

I also LOVE that dry shampoo. Great empties, @cianni !

1 Reply
testing