cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

I was planning on doing a little summary of 2019, but I have my first empty of 2020 already so it’s a dual celebration post! My official first empty of the new year is the DR. JART+ - Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Camo Drops SPF 44 ! I  love how a couple drops in my moisturizer makes my skin even and bright all day (I usually skip foundation for work). I’m going to try the GLAMGLOW - GLOWSTARTER™ Mega Illuminating Moisturizer to see if I like that effect better when used the same way. The Dr. Jart did leave a slight chalkiness if I accidentally used too much.

B63BD2F5-0BC2-4087-919F-FD5D1F8A5302.jpeg

My 2019 goal was 150 items finished. I don’t include soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, deodorant, toothpaste, foils/samples (other than DS), one time use sheet masks or perfume samples. I ALMOST made it, coming in at 146! I’m pretty happy and have set my 2020 goal again at 150, except this year I’d like to add in that at least 50 should be makeup.

Final tally and best/worst from this year

Spoiler

I love your Best/Worst system, @cianni! Very helpful.

Totally agree about the wipes! @cianni 

I do not love the glam glow moisturizer as a moisturizer and I’m totally going to try to mix some with my reg moisturizer to see if I’ll use the product that way! Thanks!! Also going to try those dr jart drops per this recommendation I’m always looking for a good product for a day I have less time in the morning to get ready but want my skin to look even and glowy! Congrats on your product usage and enjoy all the ones you use this year can’t wait to hear about them 😊

Congrats on coming soooo close to achieving your goal, @cianni.  I'm seriously impressed--that's awesome that you were able to use up so much!

@cianni Great progress through the year!  I have to agree too... that Cake dry shampoo was a fail for me as well. 

84851525-6BC1-4A0C-8180-9672205051B2.jpeg

All products I use and love on a regular basis. The acne dots are great, been going through so many due to totally random recent breakouts. 

Always helpful to hear about a good acne dot @lnum!

I also love the peace out line @lnum 

I’ve never tried their other products, have you had much success? @lmaster 

I've had lots of success with the acne dots and the pores, I just bought the Wrinkle strips 🤞 @lnum 

Good to know! The dark spot dots look like they could help with those pesky acne scars so I might try those! Hope the wrinkle dots yield success! @lmaster 

December 2019 Empties

Empties-2019.12.PNG

My thoughts:

Spoiler

Josie Maran Cleansing Bar

Spoiler

Clinique Post-Workout Mattifying Moisturizer

Spoiler

BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb

Spoiler

belif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

Spoiler

BELIF - Moisturizing Eye Bomb

Spoiler

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Spoiler

Dr. Teal's Lavender Bath Salt

Spoiler

For all of 2019

I used 103 products in 2019 (not including masks): 54 full size, 18 mini, and 31 samples. I wish I did a better job on the foil challenge so I'll have to be more dedicated to pulling them out in 2020. Still I'm happy to be using products up!

Glad you enjoyed the cotton squares @ShortErica 

Thanks again @missjeanie! It is crazy how big of a difference there is.

I never would have believed it until I tried them @ShortErica ! I have enough right now thanks to @mrsmouse that I’m going to try incorporating some make up erasers and use the squares when I just can’t be bothered mentally or it’s dirty.

Sorry that you didn't get along with the scent of the Belif, @ShortErica.  It's funny how we all like different things--I actually love the scent of the Aqua Bomb and they're fairly similar if I'm remembering correctly.  That being said, I can't stand the scent of most of the Dr. Teals soaks and I know that a lot of people really enjoy them.

It is so interesting! Yeah, I can do scents in a bath but not for face products @CookieGirl1. And yes, I had a sample of aqua bomb I used in November and they smelled the same to me.

RE: Empties - 2019

My last empties of the year! Ending it feeling satisfied and ready to be inspired by new products. 💗🥂

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Yaaaaaaay to a new year of product empties!! @cindyvonlovely 

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Hi @cindyvonlovely ,

Great set of empties! I have yet to finish a full body spray so I am impressed! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

testing