cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Empties - V2

Hi @cindyvonlovely ,

I am all about that self care and strong brow game this year! Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Oh my gosh @cindyvonlovely mold?? Good thing you caught that!

Hi @cindyvonlovely,

Love reading your thought, Great job on all of your empties!

Best,

Rebecca

Re: Empties - 2019

The last of my empties for the year.

12.2019 empties - masks.jpg

Spoiler

I've been daily sheet masking with a mask pack so my sheet mask empties are slim for this month. Standouts of the bunch are the
* Maskingdom Taiwanese Aboriginal Caviar & Taro Facial Mask (1st row, 2nd mask);
* Rose by Dr. Dream Dream Age Radiance Facial Mask (2nd row, 2nd mask);
* Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Masks - these are amazing! (2nd row, 4th mask); and
* WAN Botanical Green Mask - Collagen Boost (bottom right).

The Wander eye gels were just 'meh'; the Whamisa hydrogel mask was a slippery little sucker - would have definitely benefited from a mask holder. Everything else was nice.

12.2019 empties - all.jpg

Spoiler

I would be fine using any one of these products again, but I wouldn't necessarily repurchase all of them. The items least likely to be repurchased would be the Botanic Farms Cleansing Sherbet, the Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Invisible Dots, and the Clinique Workout 24-Hour Mascara - not because they're bad products, but there are just better ones out there. As for the mascara, I didn't work out in it nor did I leave it on for 24 hours so I can't speak to those
claims.

Products that will be repurchased at some point are
* Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Moisturizer - I use this more like an emulsion or serum and layer it under my moisturizer; 
* Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel Mask - my favorite of all the peeling gels I've tried; shout out to @SAlyFitz for introducing this product to me;
* The Body Shop Almond Milk Body Yogurt;
* BITE Beauty The Multistick - Brioche;
* belif The Moisturizing Bomb; and
* Dior Addict Lip Glow.

Great job again @itsfi I'm going to have to do that daily sheet masking with my bombee papa recipe masks,,, they all expire in May and I have a ton!! 🤦

Oh goodness, I know what's it's like to have sheet masks you absolutely need to get through before they expire @lmaster! If daily sheet masking starts feeling a bit stale or mundane or if you feel like having more variety in your masking routines, try doing 2 or 3 days with the Papa Recipe mask and then use a different mask on day 3 or 4 and then 2 or 3 more days of Papa Recipe, etc. I'll be interested to know your thoughts on daily masking. How long are you planning on doing it?

@itsfi well..I have about 30 of these papa recipe masks, I used one least night, I think I will be able to do 5 days in a row with one specific kind, I'll probably start end of January 

I don’t know how old this stash is.  Maybe two months?  The bag is full so time to post. 65A37781-17EB-425F-BF4A-3EAEE167E90A.jpeg

FEE540F9-6291-4F27-8599-C9DC59EE1D41.jpeg

Decluttering.  Thé tarte is like Vaseline.Decluttering. Thé tarte is like Vaseline.

72F9E2FD-ADB3-43DF-886E-A0E7915DE452.jpeg

You have some very unique products @scott1201 great job! 

I see some great empties @heartsmyface 

@jen81   I did manage to accumulate a lot this time round without noticing.  😄

Usually don’t keep my empties long enough for the picture but managed to have a bunch on hand today!

All products I love and have been using for awhile so I had restocks on hand. The mascara is new to me this year, but I’ve always used Lancôme Definicils for years before this one. The BB Pro unfortunately I am 100% sure Beautyblender changed the sponge material after two duds and multiple other reviewers comments so I’ve switched to regular BB and love it.All products I love and have been using for awhile so I had restocks on hand. The mascara is new to me this year, but I’ve always used Lancôme Definicils for years before this one. The BB Pro unfortunately I am 100% sure Beautyblender changed the sponge material after two duds and multiple other reviewers comments so I’ve switched to regular BB and love it.

Hi @lnum,

That is my absolute favorite mascara! I hope you loved it as much as I do 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

It's my fav mascara too, @RebeccaBT @lnum.  

@RebeccaBT I am definitely loving it! I find that I like travel size wand a bit better though it’s much less clumpy. 

Wrapped up a little early this month since I'm busy with work later this week, but a low month at 29.

Loves

Spoiler
novlove19.jpg
My dear old straightener died this month. It served me well for 10+ years and I'm excited to try some newer technology
Dr Jart BB is a great medium coverage BB, perfect for every day and has a little glow in it. I am going to use up what I have and then repurchase this.
M 61 is new to me, I liked it and would use again. Gave a good tingle but wasn't too much. 
Pacifica glow mask was new to me also. Glow/hydrating. Would purchase more pacificia.
Kypris glow philtre sample- Yes! Soft and hydrating enzyme mask. I have an enzyme mask open right now and would definitely get a FS when I get through things.
Kypris forest clay mask. I enjoyed this although the sample dried up before I could use again. Not to drying, would try it again.
Ordinary squaline oil- I actually wasn't in love with this when I used it last year but really loved it when I pulled it out to use it up. Maybe it's more suited for fall rather than winter for my skin? 

Okay

Spoiler
nov19like.jpg

SheaMoisture body oil- Good, would use again. Sensitive packaging, I used this once and it leaked all over my travel bag and claimed multiple clothing items and things with it, so I probably wouldn't travel with it again. 
Bum Bum cream- I want to love it but the scent is too much sometimes.
St Moriz tanning lotion- it goes on different/much darker than other products I've used but did dry down to a good natural color. It worked well but comes off easily on towels etc so I felt like I couldn't shower for the couple days I had it on to make sure it was perfect for a wedding I was in. Although it looked good there's so many other things that look good and are more user friendly so I would skip again.

No/Destash

Spoiler
nov19no.jpg

Honest lotion- "Non-greasy" yet somehow greasy and oddly textured. Not very hydrating, fine for summer but no way for cooler weather. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of this and wouldn't be looking forward to finishing it next year so trash it is. 
Laneige lip mask- I always got a spot on my lips when I used this. Wanted to like. 
Caudalie sample went bad. 

Thanks for including details in your post!  Way to go on getting through some items here. @CC3616 

Nice work on the empties @CC3616! The longevity on your straightner is impressive!

great job!! @CC3616

great job!! @CC3616

While I've been completely absent in posting my empties, I have still been keeping track.  I'm currently at 416 year to date empties.  All the hotel soaps and shampoos are actually left over from an ex who used to constantly bring them home.  I have a thing about wasting products so I'm on a renewed mission to use these up.  Probably at least another 40 or so to go lol.  I'm hoping that as a mini panning goal I can finish them up before the end of the year.

September Empties all togetherSeptember Empties all togetherSeptember LovesSeptember LovesSeptember likesSeptember likesSeptember Passes.September Passes.

Wow !! @missjeanie  That's some impressive amount of empties. You are inspiring me to go through everything and round some up though I have thrown most of the empty containers but I know there are still some. 

1 Reply
testing