cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Pretty much my favourite lip product for the last year or two @txcatx !  I love it so much I use a lip brush to apply it at home once it gets like this!  Of course a new one is already in use in my pocket!

November EmptiesIMG_2321.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask (x3)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Brightening Mask
- Innisfree Manuka Honey Mask
- Nugg Revitalizing Face Mask

IMG_2320.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Sephora All Day Hydrator- Hydrate & Glow
- Algenist Genius White Concentrated Brightening Essence (discontinued)
- Thayers Rose Petal Facial Toner
- Nivea Shea Daily Moisture Body Lotion
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
- Thayers Rose Petal Facial Toner

IMG_2322.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Farmskin Kale Purifying sheet mask
- Farmskin Coconut Nourishing sheet mask
- Farmskin Olive Firming sheet mask
- Farmskin Beet Brightening sheet mask

IMG_2327.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Algenist Power Recharging Night Pressed Serum
- Boscia Matcha Magic Super-Antioxidant Mask
- E Nature Moringa Cleansing Oil
- Peach & Lilly Power Calm Hydrating Gel Cleanser (I've already repurchased)
- Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner
- Cosrx Comfort Ceramide Cream
- Method Pure Peace body wash (product not new to me, but this scent is)
- Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil
- Bobby Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base (I've already repurchased)

IMG_2328.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Algenist Alive Prebiotic Balancing Mask
- Nyx Can't Stop Won't Stop concealer (caramel) (nice color, but formula is just ok)
- Elemis Superfood Facial Wash

Hi @MoniDJ ,

This is a great set of empties. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Always impressed by your empties @MoniDJ! Nice work! I’ve wondered about those Nugg mask pods. Will pay more attention to them the next time I’m in the store.

@itsfi The Nugg masks are nice when I don’t have a lot of time, but I want to do a quick mask while  I’m showering. I don’t think they’re worth the full price, but I will grab some if they’re discounted.

@MoniDJ awesome mask empties

Hi @MoniDJ,

Lots of great empties! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Ooooookay here is a TON of empties.

I recently upgraded my under sink empties cosmetics bag to a big empties tote bag. Wow, it holds a lot! This is probably 1.5 months of empties? Of course, there's one additional pic of hotel empties from a trip. 

Let me know if you have any specific questions - 

Like/Love mask empties (NOT the llama mask. idk how it got in this pic)Like/Love mask empties (NOT the llama mask. idk how it got in this pic)Loves. Would/have purchased againLoves. Would/have purchased againWouldn't repurchaseWouldn't repurchaseHotel empties. Love the hair and sheet masks. Everything else is a noHotel empties. Love the hair and sheet masks. Everything else is a no

So many great empties @scott1201!!!!! 

Nice work on the empties @scott1201. Great to hear you liked The Creme Shop serum. I’ve seen them a few times at TJ Maxx / Marshalls.

Holy masks, @scott1201!  I'm impressed.

Dang @scott1201 you did amazing

Hi @scott1201,

Great job on all of your empties! 

Best,

Rebecca

F8980F12-9EAD-4123-A245-DCC5D2A29F37.jpeg

E8A2F375-200A-4AD7-BED4-DEC981735AC9.jpeg

Loves- Drunk Elephant, Sunday Riley, Amika, Kate Somerville, Youth to the people, PTR, Everything else in top pic. 

Likes- bottom pic

Hi @jen81 ,

I enjoyed the Amika Hair Mask a lot and I love the IT Cosmetics mascara. Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Your empties stash looks so similar to mines. The use the DE Lala Whipped Cream Moisturizer and the Sunday Riley CEO Brightening Serum on a daily basis as apart of my morning skincare routine. <333

@PenelopeBT  Yes such great products!

I really enjoy briogeo @jen81 great trash 🗑️💗

I really enjoy briogeo @jen81 great trash 🗑💗

Re: I really enjoy briogeo @jen81 great trash 🗑️💗

@lmaster  Yes! Such a great brand

Empties - September 2019

Empties-2019.09.PNG

Lady Speed Stick

Spoiler
Fine. Nothing special. Can leave white marks but does its job.

Bare Minerals Original Foundation

Spoiler
I've liked Bare Minerals for a while. My roommate in college was a super fan. I bought way more than I needed and then had a bunch of shade changes when I moved to Florida and became pale person "tan." I've finally managed to use all of the foundation I bought and recently purchased a new one with Ulta points. Is it a holy grail? Probably not. But I've worked with it enough that I can use it easily and it looks natural. I may need to try some other mineral foundations and compare post October when I can buy makeup again. But not buy so many that I have a stash like what happened to me before. Now if I could only get through all the Warmth that came in the Bare Minerals kits. 🤦

Bare Pro Foundation

Spoiler
Got a couple samples from the Bare Minerals store in the mall. I think maybe in the spring. I was focusing on using the foundations I bought a million years ago and unfortunately the 02 dried out. It did seem quite yellow though. The 01 was light and if overapplied even made me look a little ghostly. I'm fair but not the fairest of them all. Warmth helped with this but I wouldn't want to intentionally buy a wrong shade to use both products. Anyway, it was fine but I have a harder time applying liquid foundation because I don't have much experience with it. Most likely user error than product but still felt just okay about it.

Roc eye cream

Spoiler
I bought a two pack of this at BJ's a while ago. I was dedicated and wore the first tube every night. I do think it helped with my fine lines. This (2nd tube) one was used frequently but not as consistently. I also have done more research and although this has retinol, the concentration isn't high. I did get many uses out of it. ~165 and ~180 respectively. I would use this again but I am interested in trying other eye creams. Right now I'm using The INKEY List Caffeine Eye Cream. So far it is okay. I don't see it helping as much in the fine lines department. I think maybe it is geared more toward helping darkness and puffiness. But I've still got a lot of testing to do.

Australian Gold Tinted SPF 50

Spoiler
I keep going back to this. My latest tube is more creamy than others I've had so my impressions have become more favorable. It has blended to match my skin better but I can get some stuck on my neck lines and then you can tell it doesn't truly match. I can't wear it as a daily sunscreen because of the match and also because it is such a pain to remove. But I love it for my sports weekends. It really does hold tough vs. the sun. It does stain clothes if rubbed off on them which is my biggest con. For now, protection from the sun > stains on athletic clothes that are already kinda dirty. I still need to find a daily sunscreen.

La Roche Posay Anthelios Clear Skin SPF 60

Spoiler
I received this sample in August so it isn't old. Yet this is how it looked..
Spoiler
20190926_085435.jpg
Can you see the separation? It looks exactly like when oil separates but this is supposed to be oil free. On my face it was even worse. There would be white cast and then it would pill and ball up when rubbing it in. It also got caught in my hair and eyebrows.
Spoiler
20190926_085456.jpg

I'm hoping this was just a bad sample but I'm not planning to try it again.

CeraVe AM

Spoiler
It's fine. It didn't leave a white cast on me which was a pleasant surprise. I think I just prefer a dedicated sunscreen and then a dedicated lotion based on my skin's needs. I would use it again if it crossed my path but I don't plan to purchase. I prefer CeraVe PM which also has niacinamide.

I already have a handful of products I should finish in the next week or so. October should provide another nice batch of empties. Yay! I can't wait to do a total for the end of the year.

ooooo yeah! that wouldn't be very appealing @ShortErica y...

ooooo yeah! that wouldn't be very appealing @ShortErica you are a good sport for trying it
5 Replies
testing