cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Thanks for the tip @fantaji! I've added it to my list of items to buy.

@sephoraaddict918 I feel inspired at your ability to say thank you and move on from those palettes! 

Thank you @missjeanie!! I have to admit that it has been a difficult road. I have been trying to make them work for a while, but I finally gathered the strength to let go of what doesn't work for me. 

Lots of empties here @sephoraaddict918! Great job! I like your one month, one palette challenge. I'm going to think about that for 2020.

Thanks @itsfi!! The one month, one palette has been a game changer for me. It's been helping me appreciate what I have and cool my need of every new palette that hits the market.

Empties - 2019

I can't remember the last time I posted empties. I think these are my (and my BF's) empties for late Sept to Nov. We are moving soon so I've been in "clean out my stash" mode.

Fantastic work cleaning out your stash @Lazybeautybeast!

Not a bad month for empties!  I was really trying to use up a few specific things that I'd had for way too long so it's nice to finally have them GONE.

Didn't love the White Mint Latte--hardly any throw to it--but the other two were winners and the Hot Cocoa and Cream is a longstanding fav.Didn't love the White Mint Latte--hardly any throw to it--but the other two were winners and the Hot Cocoa and Cream is a longstanding fav.The Ole Henriksen mask was nice but that tube lasted FOREVER and I was honestly happy to finally finish it because I was just getting a little tired of it.  I'm sad to say that the Moon Juice Beauty Shroom was a big letdown for me; it has great ingredients and it looked so promising but I never felt like I saw any noticeable results or difference from it.  A friend actually gifted me the Eve Lom moisturizer because she didn't like it and I thought it was OK (as was the Caudalie) but I wouldn't recommend either one for individuals with oily skin or for people who dislike heavier moisturizers since both of them are definitely thick and contain oils.The Ole Henriksen mask was nice but that tube lasted FOREVER and I was honestly happy to finally finish it because I was just getting a little tired of it. I'm sad to say that the Moon Juice Beauty Shroom was a big letdown for me; it has great ingredients and it looked so promising but I never felt like I saw any noticeable results or difference from it. A friend actually gifted me the Eve Lom moisturizer because she didn't like it and I thought it was OK (as was the Caudalie) but I wouldn't recommend either one for individuals with oily skin or for people who dislike heavier moisturizers since both of them are definitely thick and contain oils.The Living Proof shampoo/conditioner dried my hair out and the Alterna serum made my hair out-of-this-world greasy like none other!  Wouldn't ever purchase either.  Of all of these the Dermalogica precleanse was my favorite and I might eventually invest in that one.The Living Proof shampoo/conditioner dried my hair out and the Alterna serum made my hair out-of-this-world greasy like none other! Wouldn't ever purchase either. Of all of these the Dermalogica precleanse was my favorite and I might eventually invest in that one.The Monsieur Big and Fresh Sugar lippies are definitely recurring standouts in most of my empties pics :).The Monsieur Big and Fresh Sugar lippies are definitely recurring standouts in most of my empties pics :).

Hi @CookieGirl1,

Awesome empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

Hot cocoa and cream sounds so good 😋🥰🐻

oooo hot cocoa and cream sounds right up my alley @Cookie...

oooo hot cocoa and cream sounds right up my alley @CookieGirl1 btw uughhh I had to get the farmacy cherry eye cream!! with 30% off I couldn't pass

Re: oooo hot cocoa and cream sounds right up my alley @Cookie...

@lmaster I'm legit so jealous that you bought the eye cream! Definitely try it and tag me-' I really had to talk myself out of buying it.

Re: oooo hot cocoa and cream sounds right up my alley @Cookie...

If they didn't have the sale and aferpay @CookieGirl1 I wouldn't of been so tempted,, I'll let you know my thoughts 😉

Hot cocoa and cream sounds so warm and cozy, perfect for this time of year, @CookieGirl1! 🙂 Great job finishing up that OH mask.

@itsfi I LOVE that candle.  Hence why I have at least 3 backups, lol.

3 backups sounds very reasonable @CookieGirl1! Hahaha! Love it. 🙂

Wrapped up a little early this month since I'm busy with work later this week, but a low month at 29.

Loves

Spoiler
novlove19.jpg
My dear old straightener died this month. It served me well for 10+ years and I'm excited to try some newer technology
Dr Jart BB is a great medium coverage BB, perfect for every day and has a little glow in it. I am going to use up what I have and then repurchase this.
M 61 is new to me, I liked it and would use again. Gave a good tingle but wasn't too much. 
Pacifica glow mask was new to me also. Glow/hydrating. Would purchase more pacificia.
Kypris glow philtre sample- Yes! Soft and hydrating enzyme mask. I have an enzyme mask open right now and would definitely get a FS when I get through things.
Kypris forest clay mask. I enjoyed this although the sample dried up before I could use again. Not to drying, would try it again.
Ordinary squaline oil- I actually wasn't in love with this when I used it last year but really loved it when I pulled it out to use it up. Maybe it's more suited for fall rather than winter for my skin? 

Okay

Spoiler
nov19like.jpg

SheaMoisture body oil- Good, would use again. Sensitive packaging, I used this once and it leaked all over my travel bag and claimed multiple clothing items and things with it, so I probably wouldn't travel with it again. 
Bum Bum cream- I want to love it but the scent is too much sometimes.
St Moriz tanning lotion- it goes on different/much darker than other products I've used but did dry down to a good natural color. It worked well but comes off easily on towels etc so I felt like I couldn't shower for the couple days I had it on to make sure it was perfect for a wedding I was in. Although it looked good there's so many other things that look good and are more user friendly so I would skip again.

No/Destash

Spoiler
nov19no.jpg

Honest lotion- "Non-greasy" yet somehow greasy and oddly textured. Not very hydrating, fine for summer but no way for cooler weather. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of this and wouldn't be looking forward to finishing it next year so trash it is. 
Laneige lip mask- I always got a spot on my lips when I used this. Wanted to like. 
Caudalie sample went bad. 

Thanks for including details in your post!  Way to go on getting through some items here. @CC3616 

Nice work on the empties @CC3616! The longevity on your straightner is impressive!

great job!! @CC3616

great job!! @CC3616

LovesLoves

Top Row- Meh   Bottom Row- lovesTop Row- Meh Bottom Row- loves