cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

RE: Empties - V2

May and June empties. Loved the Sephora collection wipes, my favs, already repurchased. Also also repurchased the Tarte cleanser, and SC brush cleaner. Will repurchase the MAC liner when the store in my city finally reopens. Liked Olaplex no 6 but nothing amazing, same with BTZ heat protectant and the Zoto’s mousse, so I won’t be repurchasing those items. Super old packaging of bath and body works hand sanitizer, was an okay scent. As for the candle and body wash, 2 of my favourite scents so will be repurchasing both of those as well! Really didn’t care for the SC scrub stick, or touch in sol primer.

Re: RE: Empties - V2

@samkeaysxo, nice group of empties. 👍🏼 Too bad the Touch in Sol primer wasn’t a winner for you; it’s been a good one to me lately. I’m adding that B&BW candle to my list - so many of their candles on my list, I could make a whole new list just for their candles - ha!

Re: RE: Empties - V2

@samkeaysxo awesome empties!! 

Re: Empties - V2

For the last 2 weeks:

LOVES:

IMG_20200228_165143.jpg

-Philosophy Snow Angel Shower Exfoliator (for the body) -- love love love this scent. Plus it's a nice gentle exfoliation and doesn't leave the shower slick like a lot of exfoliating creams seem to do. 

-Coola Mineral Sun Silk Cream- Really enjoyed this. It wears well under makeup and didn't feel heavy or greasy. Some white cast though so blending it out is necessary.

-Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil- My absolute favorite first cleanse. It's rich without being heavy, isn't runny, gets all my makeup off, and just feels so luxurious. 

-Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence- One of my absolute favorite products. This hydrates, helps heal acne, brightens- you name it. It's an absolute must in my routine. 

And the "just OK" items:

IMG_20200228_165027.jpg

Both were just kind of meh and I have other products that I prefer. 

Hi @quspork,

Great empties! 

Best,

Rebecca

Great to know your thoughts on the coola @quspork 

January Empties - This month I finished a total of 37 products 26 full-size and 11 deluxe samples/foils. 

A Whole Lotta Nope!A Whole Lotta Nope!

Spoiler

Ulta Beauty Holiday Animals Hydrating Sheet Mask - I used the Penguin and Polar Bear masks and finished the pack. The masks are okay overall, but light on the serum. I wouldn’t purchase again.

L’Orèal Paris Pure-Clay Cleanser Detox-Brighten - Too heavily fragranced. Made my skin feel cool and tingly. Didn’t initially irritate my sensitive skin, but it did while I was washing it off.

Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator - Used as a sleeping mask. I wasn’t amazed by the results. This didn’t work well on top of my moisturizer, and it irritated my skin. I bought it during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty for 50% off. If you want to try this, then I suggest you do the same. For me, I’m probably staying away from this one.

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm - I tried this after using the rose balm and wasn’t a fan. The rose scent was too strong. I hoped the regular cleansing balm would have no scent, but I was wrong. This actually has a very strong patchouli/sage scent that was also off-putting. Also this product is way too expensive. The balm works very well, but the scent and the price will keep me away.

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Defense - If you would fail the brown paper bag test, then you should stay far, far, far away from this sunscreen. #CasketReady Otherwise, it’s worth a try if you are looking for an easy-to-apply mineral sunscreen. 

Fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum - My face started stinging as soon as I patted in the product. It’s a no for me dawg.

Just ... Meh ...Just ... Meh ...

Spoiler
Dermal Bamboo Collagen Essence Mask -  This was a gift from the beau. The mask had a good amount of serum, and there was no skin sensitivity or reactions. I probably wouldn’t buy this on my own because I’m not familiar with the brand.

Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Brassica Seed Oil - This stuff stinks! It is supposed to be a natural silicone that softens hair. I used it as the oil in my pre-poo treatment. I probably wouldn’t buy it again.

Sephora Collection Pumpkin Hand Balm - An impulse buy at checkout. This has a sweet scent, but it smells nothing like pumpkin. I would buy it again on clearance.

Laura Gellar Filter First Luminous Concealer - This was a random clearance find after Laura Gellar was discontinued at Ulta. I bought this concealer for ~ $3.00 and am so glad I didn’t buy this for full price. It took me less than a month to finish the tube. I don’t want to pay over $20 for a product I am able to finish this quickly. Unless this is on sale for the price of a drugstore concealer, keep on walking.

Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner - Clear is a decent universal lip liner that works with my various lipstick formulas and makes for a good dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone.

Guerlain Paris Abeille Royale  - An expensive product that I would never buy because I’m a poor.

Tula Purifying Face Cleanser - Not a fan of the scent, but it’s a nice gentle cleanser.

Estēe Lauder Perfectionist Pro  - Wasn’t mind-blowing. This was actually quite forgetable. 

Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum (Foil) - A beloved product that didn’t wow me.

Me Likes!!Me Likes!!

Spoiler
TonyMoly Hydrating I’m Lavender Mask Sheet - I love TonyMoly sheet masks! I have been repurchasing this one for the past few years.

Miss Spa Cactus Flower Hydrating Sheet Mask - This sheet mask had lots of serum and no strong fragrance. I purchased during a sale, and I would purchase again. I don’t think I would seek it out, but I would buy if I happened across it during another sale.

BareMinerals Oil Obsessed Total Cleansing Oil - This was a light oil that turns milky with water, so it does exactly what I need from a good makeup removing cleansing oil.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, Rosewater - I like this as a spray toner, but after hearing so much negative information about Mario Badescu, I don’t plan to purchase anything else from the brand. In good conscious, I can’t recommend this product.

Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Serum - Like that it’s free of fragrances. Will buy the full size to start incorporating retinol into my skincare routine.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - I bought the mini to use to set my under eye concealer, and it worked well for that. It is definitely a matte finish, so I make sure to go light with this powder since I have dry skin. I know this is a holy grail product, but it was just okay for me.

No7 Radiant Results Nourishing Cleansing Balm - Honestly speaking, I only bought this balm because of a 5X bonus point offer. I was disappointed when half the jar was empty when I opened it. The positive is using this reminded me of the Clinique Cleansing Balm, so I would recommend it to someone who wanted to try an affordable cleansing balm. I would purchase this cleansing balm again, but I wouldn’t put it on the top of my list.

Curlsmith Ultimate Lengths 30-Day Therapy - This was the first box I finished, and I haven’t seen any crazy results. I didn’t expect to see any miracles in the first month since the instructions suggest using this product for at least 3 months. I bought this during a sale, so I would recommend waiting until a discount to buy it .

Clinique Happy Gelato Cream - The original came in a holiday ornament fragrance duo. I’m not a fan of the scent, but I absolutely love the richness of this cream. I bought a mini jar in the Berry Blush scent to see if I enjoy this scent more than the original scent, and I did!

StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus - I use this as a regular face cream since it’s mostly water and shea butter. This is a very rich cream that my dry skin loved, but there is no way I would buy this when it costs almost $100.

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel - I know this is a Holy Grail product for a lot of beauty lovers, but I just thought it was okay. I would buy it again if it’s on sale or for bonus points, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it.

Ulta Beauty Matte Setting Spray - I liked that this was a matte setting spray without heavy alcohol  content. Since it’s a decent price, I would purchase it again. I also like the finish. It is matte, but doesn’t make my skin feel parched.

Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Multitalent Fixing Spray - I bought this on a whim, and was surprised at how good this setting spray is for a drugstore brand. The spray is a finer mist, but not as fine as the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist, and there is no off-putting scent. I already have a second bottle waiting in the Catrice Stars of the Show Setting Spray Trio.

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum - I'm on the fence with this one. I love the spicy notes in the fragrance, but the overall scent doesn’t wow me.

Vichy Minèral 89 Face Serum - Thought it was just okay after the first tube. This second tube had me singing a different tune. This is a good affordable serum, and I bought a full size to add to my skincare routine.

Got Nothin' But Love!Got Nothin' But Love!

Spoiler
Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Shower Gel - Vanilla is one of my favorite scents, so this is an all-time fave … obviously.

Morphe Continuous Setting Mist - I love the fine mist and the finish this gives my makeup. This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle. ‘Nuff said.

Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - Rich cream that I use as an under eye primer. I am trying the Cannuka Eye Balm I bought during the Ulta Love Your Skin Event, but I would definitely buy this eye cream again.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - This scent is heavenly!!!! I am not the biggest fan of the new light texture. I prefer the heavier whipped butter texture. I will still keep using this though because of that signature intoxicating scent.

Supergoop! Glow Stick - This Glow Stick is my HG face sunscreen.

Dove Rose Petals Dry Spray - Rose is another scent I like, as long as it’s not too flowery and overpowering. This deodorant gives the perfect amount of rose fragrance.

Wow!! Amazing job @sephoraaddict918 

Wow, look at all your empties @sephoraaddict918! 🤩 Excellent work! 👍🏼

RE: Empties - 2019

December empties. Loved everything except the Lancôme moisturizer, which was just okay. Already repurchased the Clarisonic head, KVD foundation, Shea moisture hair mask, and a different LUSH lip scrub.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Awesome job @samkeaysxo 

Nice empties @samkeaysxo. B&BW Vanilla Bean Noel is such a comfy, cozy scent - love it.

My October and November empties. Loved: Marc Jacobs and FAB creams, Eva NYC hair serum, Dr. Brandt mask, and the candles. Everything else was just okay.

@samkeaysxo I will have to try the "Leaves" candle!

Best,
Rebecca

Leaves is one of my favorite B&BW candles @samkeaysxo! Nice work on the empties. 

No loves this month. At least I got some of the bad ones out of my stash.

We need more hockey-related euphemisms on this board, @cindyvonlovely!

Ha... Penalty Box Bad.  I like you're description @cindyvonlovely 

Re: Empties - 2019

These are not all the empties but the ones That lasted a WHILE plus I loved them. 

Indie Lee oil is my HG for a few months now. I bought it in March and it lasted me till end of Oct with 2-3 drop mixed in my moisturizer every morning and night. Sinks right in and provides so much moisture/hydration. ❤️❤️
47308989-3A4D-4F99-A8D8-B072CC0C88E0.jpeg

like both the lip balms also. And bought back-ups.

Hi @naturalooks15 I love that container! 

Best,
Rebecca

@naturalooks15 I've been wanting to try that oil. I love the storage container!

testing