cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Agree! I think there's a body lotion version that I've tried as well. <333

That's such a wonderful thing for businesses to do!! @averylayne love that

@lmaster  Agreed! Lush and Summer Fridays also has a recycle program!

All of these are โค๏ธ65ABFE6A-C887-4802-870B-BC8701A40BB2.jpeg

Great skincare empties @keana1!!! How did the PTR eye patches work for you?

Thanks @sephoraaddict918 ! The eye patches were very moisturizing but they tend to slide so I had to lie down to use them. I prefer the Wander Beauty Gold eye patches and the Skyn Iceland ones because they stay put and contain peptides. Iโ€™m glad that Iโ€™ve tried the PTR ones but I wonโ€™t repurchase them ( I have the Gold ones left but once theyโ€™re finished, I wonโ€™t repurchase them either ) . I hope that this helps you! 

Thank you @keana1 that is VERY helpful information!

Nice empties @keana1!

Thanks @ShortErica ! ๐Ÿฅฐ

great bunch of empties @keana1

great bunch of empties @keana1

Re: great bunch of empties @keana1

Thanks @lmaster ! I took pictures of other empties but Kauai kept photobombing the pictures so I deleted them ๐Ÿ˜œ !

Late posting of last month's sheet mask empties:

IMG_E1150.JPG

Spoiler
These were LOVES - a mix of tried-and-true sheet masks I keep on hand and some new-to-me masks that will definitely be making their way into the rotation. The standouts among the newbies are the Sasatinnie Blue Sapphire and the Lovemore Loofah & Aloe Vera masks.

* Sasatinnie Blue Sapphire Illuminating Bio-Cellulose Mask
* Primera Milk Thistle Seed Sheet Mask (Brightening)
* Mediheal x Line Friends I.P.I. Lightmax Ampoule Mask
* The Creme Shop Turmeric Face Mask
* Miniso x We Bare Bears Moisturizing & Glossy Eyes Mask
* Lovemore Loofah & Aloe Vera Sheet Mask
* My Beauty Diary Antarctica Glycoproteins Moisturizing Mask

IMG_1151.JPG

Spoiler
Loves-Likes: Leaders, The Face Shop, SNP and Too Cool For School are solid brands in my book when it comes to sheet masks and these particular ones are no exception. I discovered Annie's Way this year (I'm pretty sure it was earlier this year) and their sheet masks have proven to be a hit with my skin. I was first introduced to LookAtMe masks last year and really enjoyed them. The line of masks that this watermelon one is a part is popular among some on the mask thread; the watermelon one stands out for me. I was treated to a Hallyu sheet mask a few months ago and liked it so much that I went to pick up the other sheet masks from the brand.

* Leaders Daily Wonder What Happened Last Night? Revitalizing Radiance Sheet Mask
* Hallyu Jeju Tangerine Jelly Mask
* Leaders Pro Hydra Hyaluronic Mask Sheet
* Too Cool For School Pumpkin Hydra Gold Eye Gel Patch
* The Face Shop Bio-Cell Moisturizing Face Mask
* SNP Animal Dragon Soothing Mask
* Look At Me Watermelon Face Mask
* Annie's Way Lavendar + Chamomile Mask Sheet

IMG_E1152.JPG

Spoiler
Likes - You could say I'm slightly obsessed with sheet masks - lol. Having many to choose from means I can have a lot of great ones so it can be hard to draw a line between what's amazing and what's really good, even great, on its own but may not have the same sentiments when compared to another mask, especially when compared to masks within their same brands and/or lines. That's very much the case with these masks from boo Bamboo (a new fave brand of mine), Holika Holika and Yadah, with the exception of the Trader Joe's pumpkin one here (which I much prefer to their original sheet mask).

* boo Bamboo Bamboo Fiber Charcoal Sheet Mask - Pore Refining
* Holika Holika Instantly Brewing Tea Bag Mask - Green Tea
* Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Biocellulose Face Mask
* Yadah Red Energy Foil Mask

Also in the "likes" camp is the Yadah Collagen Mask Pack, which makes for a great daily mask.
IMG_E1148.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

Spoiler
Nothing wrong with these masks - they do not irritate my skin nor do they cause any breakouts or other negative results. They're just okay. I'd use them if I have them, but there's just masks I prefer over these ones.

* Innisfree Quick Tone-Up Mask | Violet - Moisturizing & Tone - Up
* briskin Real Fit Second Skin Mask - Elasticity & Lifting
* Dr. Jart+ Rubber Mask Bright Lover
* Pure Smile Choosy Lip Mask (Honey)

wow @itsfi you really went all out with the yadah!! great...

wow @itsfi you really went all out with the yadah!! great discipline on your part ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: wow @itsfi you really went all out with the yadah!! great...

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿ™‚ I like the results I get with daily masking, which serves as a good motivator on days when the idea of masking sounds good but actually doing it feels harder. I'm thinking about doing it again next month.

All the masks!  ๐Ÿ’— @itsfi 

I'm definitely working my way through my stash @l8totheparty, ๐Ÿ™‚ and finding proof that my skin does well with daily sheet masking, sometimes twice daily masking. I don't think it's suited for everyone but my dehydrated-combo/dry skin is a fan. 

@itsfi  How was the monthly snail masks compared to the other daily masking that you did previously? Which did you prefer?

@emaisgr8, thanks for remembering my previous monthly masking. There were pros and cons to each of them. I liked them both but had a slight preference for using the Yadah masks (individually wrapped) as they were a lot more convenient to travel with. Those masks also held more essence so I could mask longer if I wanted and there were a few days here and there when I did leave the mask on longer. I *may* give daily sheet masking another try in November but with a slight variation on the most recent go at it - I'm thinking about picking 4 or 5 different masks that I'll rotate through during the month. 

@itsfi  Oh thats good. I can't wait to hear about your next adventure. 

September empties

IMG_1158.JPG

For the most part, I liked everything I used up last month. I didnโ€™t experience any irritation or negative skin reaction from any of these products; always a good sign. Holy grail items here are the AmorePacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Mist; Bioderma Micellar Water (Iโ€™ve lost count how many bottles Iโ€™ve gone through); and the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm โ€“ I usually have at least one backup of these products in the house at all times. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4-Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel and Dove Coconut Water and Almond Milk Foaming Hand Wash smell ahhhmazing; Iโ€™d use these again but donโ€™t feel the need to run out to pick another one up at the moment. I have plenty of second cleansers and masks to go through, both full and sample sizes so Iโ€™m not in any hurry to pick up any more but if I were Iโ€™d definitely considering getting the OleHenriksen Cold Plunge Pore Mask and the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel; the latter surprised me; I wasnโ€™t expecting to like it as much as I did. The First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer and the Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash are fine; I just like other similar products better. I posted my foil empties on the foil challenge thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Use-Your-Foil-Samples-Challenge-2019/m-p/498586... - and will try to post my sheet mask empties later this weekend.

Love the sample size Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balms because they're perfect for travel. <333

1 Reply
testing