cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

I'm a sucker for Bath and Body Works candles, @itsfi 🙂

It’s hard not to be @CookieGirl1! It’s easy to go a little crazy in that store! 💕 So many great smelling candles!! 

So many good empties @CookieGirl1!!!! I LOVE Fresh Cream!!! 

Great set of empties @CookieGirl1 !  I think I have one of those Dove body polishes waiting in my stash, glad to know it's a good one. 

Oh wow that foundation doesn’t sound agreeable at all, @CookieGirl1! yikes. 

Re: Empties - 2019

Last round of 2019 empties: 

7033984A-9A0F-4107-ADFA-320AA9217F19.jpeg

Spoiler
This was my last FS pack of makeup remover wipes for(hopefully)ever. I won’t use makeup wipes at home anymore, in an effort to further reduce waste. I’ll still occasionally use smaller packs for travel, like this one I finished last night. Coconut water is still my favorite variety of Sephora wipes. 

Crabtree & Evelyn Jojoba Oil Body Cream: I forgot I had this til I cleaned out a shelf of my linen closet a few months ago. It has a custard texture and smells kinda like amber + Ivory bar soap. It works great, but the scent is quite strong. I’ll wash and reuse the plastic jar for something else. 

More empties of some of my favorites: Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, YTTP Superfood Moisturizer, Paula’s Choice Hydralight cleanser, and PC Gentle Touch Makeup Remover. 

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy is a former favorite lip balm. Took me longer than expected to use up this tube! I still think it’s a great balm; I’ve just moved on to something that works better for me. 

And here are the travel empties from my December trip: 

E99BF28F-80E3-4D01-8AFF-95E3D0CF8F21.jpeg

Spoiler
Routine mini deodorants: these are from the bunch of minis a friend gifted me last spring. I have FS jars of Sexy Sadie and Superstar, and I keep the mini jars to refill for travel. I’ll buy a FS of Blackberry Betty once I finish off one of my other big jars. I love being able to easily pack several deodorant scents in tiny containers. They take up much less space than a typical mini stick deodorant. 

Lancôme Bi-Facil Face makeup remover: I found this nearly empty DS in my parents’ guest bathroom. I must’ve left it there after my last visit. 😄 I used it up before opening the Sephora wipes. 

Paula’s Choice Omega+ Complex Moisturizer: got 3 uses out of this foil, so it got a 1.5-days test. It reminds me a lot of DE Lala Retro. It’s very rich and moisturizing, but doesn’t feel pore-clogging. My dry zones liked it a lot, and it felt great under my eyes. My oily zone seemed okay with it, producing no more oil than usual. I’m gonna compare the ingredients to Lala Retro and maybe get another foil of this with my next PC order. (This foil was a free sample.) 

Sephora Cleansing Brush Wipes: used these on my concealer and synthetic eyeshadow/liner brushes. They’re very oily, but they work well. 

DDG Alpha Beta Extra Strength Peels: I don’t use these at home anymore, but I do still travel with them. I don’t think they work as well as my FAB 10% AHA exfoliant, but they’re fine during trips and they’re not ineffective—and they don’t count toward my quart-sized plastic zip-top bag. 

@WinglessOne - I have a dumb question, how do you use the deodorants? It looks like sample pods like from Sephora in the pictures so I'm curious about application. And yay on using up your makeup wipes! Hopefully I'll use the rest of my stash in 2020. If only I traveled more!

Thanks @ShortErica @for asking your “dumb” question as I had the same question! And thank you, @WinglessOne for your answer, not to mention your original

post. Always on the lookout for new products that work well for others.

@ShortErica  Not a dumb question. 🙂 Routine makes cream deodorants that come in a jar. You scoop some out and spread it on your armpits. It’s a little messy, but the payoff (smelling great all day and no armpit irritation or darkening) is worth it. 

Here’s my FS jar of Cat Lady (my favorite Routine scent) vs. my mini jar, which is almost empty. I love these mini jars because they’re already branded—and I love Routine’s branding—so I don’t have to label them myself. 🙂 

Another FS vs. mini photo.Another FS vs. mini photo.Full size glass jar vs. mini plastic jar.Full size glass jar vs. mini plastic jar.Inside the jar.Inside the jar.

Interesting. And I'm just noticing and appreciating the names @WinglessOne. Napoleon's Dynamite 😂

@ShortErica  Right? 😄 Their scent descriptions are pretty accurate, too. 

Last year I tried a few natural deodorants from different companies and the only one that worked all day on me was Agent Nateur No. 3, which is a stick deodorant. It made me smell like a eucalyptus branch and I wanted some scent variety, but nothing else I tried had worked well for me. So last spring, a friend asked if I’d tried Routine’s deodorants. I hadn’t, and I insisted they wouldn’t work because, well, nothing else but that Agent Nateur scent did. A couple weeks later, he surprised me with a package of 15 mini jars to sample. Some scents didn’t work well for me. But the winners were Sexy Sadie, Cat Lady, Superstar, Like A Boss, The Curator, A Girl Named Sue, and now Blackberry Betty. I still haven’t tried my Maggie’s Citrus Farm mini. 

I'm so happy you found something that works and had so many scents to try @WinglessOne. I love learning about products through people's empties. Thanks for sharing about Routine. 🙂

@WinglessOne nice empties!

Taking these in to Kiehls for the recycling program! IMG_7898.jpg

Hi @averylayne,

Great empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT thanks! 😃

Great empties! The Kiehl's Since 1851 Crème de Corps Refillable Hydrating Body Lotion with Squalane 8.4 oz/ 250 ml is one of my favorite moisturizers. I've been using it for years. I also really like the Kiehl's Creme de Corps Cleansing Oil. It smells amazing. 

@PenelopeBT  The Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish smells really good too!

Agree! I think there's a body lotion version that I've tried as well. <333

That's such a wonderful thing for businesses to do!! @averylayne love that

@lmaster  Agreed! Lush and Summer Fridays also has a recycle program!

testing