Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

If I had the room to store empties for longer...I probably would 😂 @snoflakefaerie 

Re: Empties - 2019

August EmptiesIMG_1811.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Brightening Mask (x5)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask (x2)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Green Squeeze Relaxing Mask (x2)
- By Nature Seaweed + Aloe Vera Skin Soothing Face Mask (x3)
- Neogen Mexican Aloe Mask
- Innisfree My Real Squeeze Green Tea Mask
- A'Pieu Strawberry Mikl One-Pack
- Peach Slices Calm Jasmine + Chamomile Sheet Mask

IMG_1812.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist
- Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water
- Make P:rem In-Shower Face Pack
- Raw Sugar Raw Coconut + Mango lip balm
- PTR Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream

IMG_1808.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- By Nature Vitamin C + Collagen Hydrating Face Mask
- Australian Gold Lotion Sunscreen with Instant Bronzers
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye eye cream
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer
- Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly 
- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser
- PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum
- Murad Prebiotic 4-in-1 Multicleanser
- Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask

IMG_1810.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Pacifica Pineapple Wipe Out Oil Cleansing Face Wipes
- Peach Slices Strawberry Ice Cream Sheet Mask
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Serum Concentrate (I'll use my other deluxe samples, but I wouldn't repurchase at current price point)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Love seeing your sheet mask empties and hearing your thoughts on them @MoniDJ. I've added a few more to my growing list. Smiley Wink Love SdJ - smells so good.

@itsfi I'm glad I can help add to your list!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream @MoniDJ!!! How did the Supergoop Setting Mist work for you? Does it leave any kind of white cast?

@sephoraaddict918 Unfortunately, the Supergoop does leave a white cast. I can make it work if I shake it up really well and use sparingly. I no longer purchase this, but I got this bottle in a set. I'm still in search of a sunscreen spray that doesn't leave a cast.

Thanks for that info @MoniDJ!! I have been eyeing that spray for a while, but I was always worried about the potential white cast. 

oh those papa recipe masks are awesome @MoniDJ

oh those papa recipe masks are awesome @MoniDJ

Re: oh those papa recipe masks are awesome @MoniDJ

@lmaster They're some of my favorites!

So ready to finally throw out/recycle all of this!  This was one of those months where I felt like I finished a lot of my bigger things all at the same time.

The body butter smelled OK but really wasn't very moisturizing and the hairspray was pretty pathetic but everthing else was good.The body butter smelled OK but really wasn't very moisturizing and the hairspray was pretty pathetic but everthing else was good.Love the Covergirl brow pencil and had forgotten how good the Derma E scrub is!Love the Covergirl brow pencil and had forgotten how good the Derma E scrub is!All winners and I've already repurchased some of them.All winners and I've already repurchased some of them.Loved them all!  The little Lush samples were the Cup'O'Coffee scrub and while i wouldn't use them on my face they were great for using as body scrubs.Loved them all! The little Lush samples were the Cup'O'Coffee scrub and while i wouldn't use them on my face they were great for using as body scrubs.

Great empties @CookieGirl1! Loooove Bioderma and Farmacy Green Clean! Such great cleansers! <333 Good to know about Lush Cup O'Coffee. I didn't pick it up because I don't need another face mask at the moment (or for a good while, actually. lol), but I like the idea of it as a body scrub! 

@itsfi The scrub smells AMAZING but I didn't want to use it on my face because it's extremely coarse.  As a body scrub though--it's great!

nice job @CookieGirl1

nice job @CookieGirl1

As usual, the majority of my August empties are skincare related. Standouts during the month, both good and bad, are below.IMG_0508.jpg

Spoiler

I finally tried the Shiseido Cotton Pads on a whim when I saw them at Marshalls, and now I'm converted! I understand why these have a cult following, and I can never go back to regular cotton pads now.

I decluttered the NYX Glitter Primer because not only did the top crack and make a mess every time I tried to use it, the primer was no longer keeping my eye shadow from becoming a creasing mess.

The GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud was such a major disappointment because I had such high hopes, but it started stinging as soon as I put it on. Darn this sensitive skin of mine!!! The stinging feeling dissipates after a while, but there are other sleeping masks that work for me without any skin reactions, so I won't be repurchasing this.

The Earth Therapeutics Gold Eye Masks would have been perfect if they could only stay in place. This probably won't be a problem if you lie down while enjoying this mask.  

The worst item from the bunch is the Supergoop Mineral Sunscreen Mist because it gives WHITE CAST! I couldn't finish the bottle fast enough, and I'm happily going back to the Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen. Buying this was actually an accident because I thought it was the Antioxidant Infused Sunscreen Spray, which actually goes on invisible. Boy was that first spray a shocker!!! Anyone with skin darker than porcelain should stay far, far, far away from this!

Wow, great job on the empties @sephoraaddict918! Yeaaah, those Shiseido cotton pads are pretty amazing! 😍

SOOOOO AMAZING @itsfi!!! When I first felt that fluffy goodness on my face, I was mad at myself for taking so long to try them. I've really been missing out for all these years!!!

"Fluffy goodness" is the best way to describe them, @sephoraaddict918! <333 It's made me happy to have spotted them at TJ Maxx / Marshalls...I *try* not to grab 'em all when I see them. To leave some for others to experience their amazingness. Smiley Happy

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 🙌💜

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 🙌💜

Re: great job!! @sephoraaddict918 🙌💜

Haha! Thanks @lmaster!

Empties - 2019

I can't find my older empties photos, but good news is these were the last empties that qualified me for a $10 off certificate at BareMinerals. I mainly use The Ordinary salicylic acid for my body acne, KP and armpit odor because it's so cheap and effective. The Nyx setting spray started to make my face itch towards the end of the bottle. I think I realized that I just don't reach for setting spray often, so won't be repurchasing any

My August empties ~ just realized it’s all skincare empties this month and a lot of cleansers for that matter. Smiley Happy 

IMG_E0142.JPG

Spoiler
LOVES

DR. JART+ - Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer has been a go to summer moisturizer / autumn serum for me for the last couple of years. It has a fun texture – it comes out of the tube as a milky gel but transforms into watery droplets as you rub it onto your skin, infusing your skin with a burst of hydration. It’s wonderful for warm summer days and if I haven’t finished a tube by summer’s end, I’ll continue to use it into the fall, but as a serum before my moisturizer.

I didn’t quite know what to expect of the Mamonde Petal Spa Oil to Foam Cleanser though I was concerned that it would have a very strong rose scent (Mamonde is known for having heavily fragranced products). Turns out this one is on my list, going forward, as an option for the second cleanse step of my skincare routine. The scent is noticeable and on the stronger side. It didn’t bother me but those sensitive to scents and particulalrly floral scents, might want to avoid this one. On the other hand, if you like rose scented products and/or in the market for a good (2) cleanser, you might want to check out this cleanser. I have a couple more full size cleansers to get through, but I plan to pick up a full size at some point.

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil Mini is such a wonderful oil – it’s lightweight and really nourishes my skin. It’s one of the oils I reach for after an intense peel or if my skin has a reaction to something. I was skeptical when this oil first came out, mainly due to the price point, but I like the formula and how it soothes and nurtures my skin. I didn’t restock during this past sale but only because I want to get through some of my other face oils and I want to try another marula oil to see how it compares to DE. I have a couple of travel sizes of the DE marula oil so I have more on hand, so I’m not completely without my DE. Phew! Smiley Wink

BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is always a part of my cold weather skincare routine. I love the cushiony feel of the cream and makes my skin feel soft, smooth and moisturized. The formula is perfect for my dehydrated-dry winter skin and I like to have a jar of this goodness in the house at all times.

I hope Julep finds a way to stick around; they have some good products. I use either cleansing balms or cleansing oils as my first cleanse and have been taking this cute deluxe size of the Julep Love Your Bare Face Hydrating Cleansing Oil with me when I’m traveling (I also have a couple of full sizes at home). It’s on the lighter side as cleansing oils go, not the lightest, but not the most thick either. My skin responds well to rosehip oil so I was excited to try this cleanser when I learned that it contained rosehip oil. It has the slightest citrusy scent, goes on smoothly, and emulsifies nicely on the skin to break up sunscreen and makeup.

NEOGEN DERMALOGY - Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser is a favorite second cleanser of mine. It’s not drying or cleansing which is great as that's something my dehydrated skin fears when I hear "foam cleanser." You get a lot of bang for your buck too as this cleanser lasts for a long time. This is a regular repurchase for me and will continue to be.

The SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes (Bamboo) have a refreshing scent to them and have both an exfoliating side and a soft, smooth side. The exfoliating side can be a bit rough so I use it sparingly and around the sides of my nose. I tend to use wipes like these for on-the-go cleansing moments, like the period of time after a workout and before I get home to wash up. I received these as part of a gratis and this bamboo ‘flavor’, along with the coconut and watermelon ones are a few of my favorites from this line.

Clay masks are not always my favorite types of masks as they can be drying and stripping, though the more modern versions of clay masks are less so. In the beginning I tended to just use this FRESH - Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask Mini on my nose, chin and jawline, the oilier parts of my face, but just this year I learned that the mask can double as a cleanser and I have really enjoyed using this mask as a cleanser, especially when my skin leans on the oily side and when I start to feel some breakouts forming.

MEH
Volition Beauty Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 was ‘meh’ for me. It’s not bad; I didn’t experience any breakouts or irritation, but it just didn’t wow me and it can, unfortunately, leave me looking a little greasy, so it took a while to finish up this sunscreen. I found that it works best for me when I use it under a very, very matte foundation. This will not be a repurchase for me.