cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Do you like the Ghost Oil, @lmaster?  I've been wanting to try that one, just for something different since I'm almost out of the current oil that I've been using.

@CookieGirl1 I do like it, that's actually what I'm having my daughter use, I find that is not as greasy or oily as other hair oils

@lmaster Good to know!  I hate really thick oils since I have pretty fine hair.

I've went through probably 4 ds of this oil @CookieGirl1 

These are from about mid-May through now. I feel like I go through things so slowly! Anyway, on to the empties:

Loves

IMG_20190828_151431.jpg

Spoiler
The CosRx Galactomyces essence, Boscia Clear Complexion cleanser, Drunk Elephant C-Firma, Ordinary Buffet, and deodorant are repurchases. I want to get a big size of the Nest Indigo, but I need to wait as I have too many perfumes right now. Everything else, I would repurchase, I just have other options I am using right now. I feel like Derma E is kind of a sleeper brand that I don't hear much about, but I have enjoyed the things I have tried from them and they go on sale at Ulta on a regular basis. My boyfriend used the Sephora Aloe mask and couldn't stop raving about it, so it's in here despite me not actually trying it myself. One caveat, I do really love the Drunk Elephant, but it oxidizes quicker than I would like, especially for the price. I wish they would also make this 0.5 oz size permanent because I find the last two months use of the 1 oz size are kind of wasted. This is definitely not a product I stock up on, as it oxidizes unopened over time. I'm currently trying out some other brands of vitamin C to see if I can find something that lasts longer with the same results.

Likes/OKs

IMG_20190828_152231.jpg

Spoiler
I would definitely repurchase the Face Shop & I'm Lavender sheet masks, Sephora mud mask, and Invisibobble hair tie. I have already repurchased the Mamonde toner and Sephora micellar water. Most of the other things, I would definitely use again, but I'm not sure they are worth buying at full price. The I'm Real Lotus mask may have broken me out, but I don't know it was that for sure; I would try it again. The Biossance squalane oil is kind of hit or miss for me. Sometimes my skin loved it and soaked it up, other times, it just sat on my face not sinking in at all and may have contributed to some small breakouts. I like how my skin responds to the Herbivore Blue Tansy mask, but I can't stand the smell, and I'm not convinced it doesn't go bad really quickly due to their lack of preservatives. I would never invest in the full size, but if it came in a set again, I would use it. The Sephora liquid lipstick is actually a declutter, but I did like it, so it's in this picture.

Meh/Nopes

IMG_20190828_152356.jpg

Spoiler
The Perricone and Caudalie are totally not worth the price as they did absolutely nothing for me. The Ren started to sort of saponify/get frothy on my skin towards the end of the bottle which I didn't like, and the Olive sheet mask left a gross feeling film on my face and contributed to a break out for me.

Declutter

IMG_20190828_152450.jpg

This is like a thousand years old and started to smell weird, so goodbye. I was never very found of the color either.

Great empties @snoflakefaerie! I've been eyeing the CosRx Galactomyces essence for a while; I have a few more essences to get through but that one is definitely up there on my to try list. Love that mask from The Face Shop. ❤️

Nice set of empties @snoflakefaerie!!! Nest Indigo is one of my favorite fragrances!!! 

excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

Thanks @lmaster. I should take a hint from you and try to post things on a more regular basis. It's hard to remember exactly how I felt about things months later!

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

If I had the room to store empties for longer...I probably would 😂 @snoflakefaerie 

August EmptiesIMG_1811.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Brightening Mask (x5)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask (x2)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Green Squeeze Relaxing Mask (x2)
- By Nature Seaweed + Aloe Vera Skin Soothing Face Mask (x3)
- Neogen Mexican Aloe Mask
- Innisfree My Real Squeeze Green Tea Mask
- A'Pieu Strawberry Mikl One-Pack
- Peach Slices Calm Jasmine + Chamomile Sheet Mask

IMG_1812.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist
- Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water
- Make P:rem In-Shower Face Pack
- Raw Sugar Raw Coconut + Mango lip balm
- PTR Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream

IMG_1808.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- By Nature Vitamin C + Collagen Hydrating Face Mask
- Australian Gold Lotion Sunscreen with Instant Bronzers
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye eye cream
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer
- Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly 
- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser
- PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum
- Murad Prebiotic 4-in-1 Multicleanser
- Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask

IMG_1810.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Pacifica Pineapple Wipe Out Oil Cleansing Face Wipes
- Peach Slices Strawberry Ice Cream Sheet Mask
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Serum Concentrate (I'll use my other deluxe samples, but I wouldn't repurchase at current price point)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Love seeing your sheet mask empties and hearing your thoughts on them @MoniDJ. I've added a few more to my growing list. 😉 Love SdJ - smells so good.

@itsfi I'm glad I can help add to your list!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream @MoniDJ!!! How did the Supergoop Setting Mist work for you? Does it leave any kind of white cast?

@sephoraaddict918 Unfortunately, the Supergoop does leave a white cast. I can make it work if I shake it up really well and use sparingly. I no longer purchase this, but I got this bottle in a set. I'm still in search of a sunscreen spray that doesn't leave a cast.

Thanks for that info @MoniDJ!! I have been eyeing that spray for a while, but I was always worried about the potential white cast. 

oh those papa recipe masks are awesome @MoniDJ

oh those papa recipe masks are awesome @MoniDJ

Re: oh those papa recipe masks are awesome @MoniDJ

@lmaster They're some of my favorites!

So ready to finally throw out/recycle all of this!  This was one of those months where I felt like I finished a lot of my bigger things all at the same time.

The body butter smelled OK but really wasn't very moisturizing and the hairspray was pretty pathetic but everthing else was good.The body butter smelled OK but really wasn't very moisturizing and the hairspray was pretty pathetic but everthing else was good.Love the Covergirl brow pencil and had forgotten how good the Derma E scrub is!Love the Covergirl brow pencil and had forgotten how good the Derma E scrub is!All winners and I've already repurchased some of them.All winners and I've already repurchased some of them.Loved them all!  The little Lush samples were the Cup'O'Coffee scrub and while i wouldn't use them on my face they were great for using as body scrubs.Loved them all! The little Lush samples were the Cup'O'Coffee scrub and while i wouldn't use them on my face they were great for using as body scrubs.

Great empties @CookieGirl1! Loooove Bioderma and Farmacy Green Clean! Such great cleansers! <333 Good to know about Lush Cup O'Coffee. I didn't pick it up because I don't need another face mask at the moment (or for a good while, actually. lol), but I like the idea of it as a body scrub! 

@itsfi The scrub smells AMAZING but I didn't want to use it on my face because it's extremely coarse.  As a body scrub though--it's great!

3 Replies