cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Love those Tatcha and AmorePacific products @SnugglePuggle94! They're so nice!

Empties - 2019

April empties (yes, I know its june 😂) not many empties, my skin freaked out in the middle of the month so I had to take it easy...only one dislike. Benefit eye makeup remover. it burned my eyes! secret key mask was pretty good but it has alcohol in the first few ingredients so, not hunting it down but would use again if I got it in a sub. all others are hg or likes.

more awesome empties! @sonnydee

more awesome empties! @sonnydee

Empties - 2019

The only one I love out of this bunch is the CO Bigalow Rose Salve - an absolute lip saver for me...if I don't have it on before I go to bed or first thing in the morning, I get a little panicky. 😅 • The sunscreens didn't work for me, the Biore blue and pink bottles are drying my skin out due to the alcohol. This was my last blue bottle, but I have 2 more of the pink... think I might just toss those. And finally, a Shiseido product that I dislike very much, the Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion. It leaves a HORRIBLEwhite layer - not even a cast - A LAYER of white on my face!! I tried to make it work...I massaged it in, I patted it in relentlessly, I triedgiving it time to sink in. Nothing worked. Switching back to what I knowand love and saying sayonara to these. • Everything else was just mehhh.2nd empty bottle of TLC, didn't work wonders, I'm moving on. The Rosette cleansing oil, Aesop shampoo, L'Occitane velvet serum, Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip and Quai Treatment Mask all worked as intended but I found no pleasure in using any of them.

excellent job @angelKiss24

excellent job @angelKiss24

Re: Empties - V2

87407DAE-AF7A-4521-B45F-DBD21FA0AB79.jpeg
These are my empties during Jan, Feb and Mar 2021

537C958A-6D4A-4D7F-A27B-93B1EE21BB75.jpeg

 this is 2 months of empties, September and October. I really haven’t been using too much lately, especially makeup products as I’m barely wearing makeup since of constant mask wearing. Anyway, here are my empties: 

loved: both Bath & Body Works candles, 2 favs for sure. The sanitizer, and also the c.o. bigelow lip balm which are from Bath & Body Works too. The balm is thick but not sticky or goopy. I wore it at night and also through the day. Already repurchased. VS Pink body spray was sweet and light, I usually layered this with a perfume and always liked the combination. Stila liquid eyeshadow, I adore these! They’re so pigmented and sparkly, but they dry out sooo quick. MILK Kush mascara, one of my top 2 mascaras. Very lengthening and dark, doesn’t smudge on my oily lids either. Already have 2 back ups. 

meh: Tatcha mask, it was nice, but it was a brightening mask and I prefer deep cleansing/purifying or oil control, this was obviously a sample, but I wouldn’t purchase. Benefit Boi-ing concealer; just too orange toned. Their shade range is not the best. It is good coverage but too orange. Wouldn’t repurchase. Lise Watier blending sponge, it was a little stiff, not awful but I prefer real techniques or beauty blender for sure. Probably wouldn’t repurchase unless it was on sale for a good price. Polish’d makeup removing wipes, removed my makeup enough to follow up with a cleanser, but there are other brands I prefer. Wouldn’t bother repurchasing. 

Hated: Tarte Knockout toner, it smells like alchol and dried out my skin. I didn’t even use the whole thing, I used it for about 4-5 weeks and then dumped the rest. 

August Empties (Makeup)

Makeup Empties / DecluttersMakeup Empties / Declutters

Spoiler

BareMinerals All Over Face Color (Clear Radiance)

Results - I can’t really tell what this powder wants to do. I just mixed it in with my Maybelline FitMe Powder to give it a little sparkle. Aroma - None Texture - Finely milled and sparkly Expense - $22 0.05 oz; I have no use for this product. 

CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder 

Results - Sets concealer without flashback Aroma - None Texture - Softly milled  Expense - $35 0.35 oz; I’m still on the fence about this powder. I bought a kit that includes a mini size for my CoverFX review, but I wouldn’t buy the full size based on my recent experience.

NYX Professional Makeup Tinted Brow Mascara (Black)

Results - I use this to get my overgrown brows as tame as possible. It seemed to get the job done well enough. Aroma - None Texture - Drier Pigment Expense - $7.50 0.22 oz; I wasn’t wowed by this, and it seems like it was dried out already when I got it. I will at least try it one more time before I dismiss it completely.

Smashbox The Original Photo Finish Smooth & Blur

Results - I didn’t notice much blurring, but I like how smooth the primer feels on the skin Aroma - Didn’t notice any scent Texture - Straight Silicone Expense - $37 1.0 oz; This primer is just a’ight to me, so I’m not running to purchase a full size.

Smashbox Photo Finish Vitamin Glow Primer

Results - Skin feels moisturized and slightly glowy Aroma - Citrusy Texture - Light and creamy Expense - $39 1.0 oz; I would buy the full size version of the primer during a sale. 

Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara

Results - Lashes that are neither thick or super volumized with a quickness. Aroma - Didn’t notice anything Texture - On the drier side Expense - I got this on super discount because S&G makeup was being discontinued at my Ulta. I think I paid less than $5 for it, but I wouldn’t repurchase.

Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow (Cloud/Kitten)

Results - Eyelids that shim shimmer to the gods! Aroma - Nothing noticeable Texture - Creamy; but the mini sizes seem to dry out very quickly. Expense - $24 0.153 oz; I got these in a holiday gift set. Out of the two, I would probably purchase a full size of Cloud because the color is more unique than Kitten.

Ulta Beauty Bloom Blush

Results - Nothing; This blush is not made for people who would fail the paper bag test. Aroma - Nothing noticeable Texture - Dry and powdery Expense - $0; This was part of a gift set, so I don’t feel guilty about decluttering it.

Ulta Beauty Bloom Eyeshadow Palette

Results - Ashy lids because this palette looks pretty in the pan, but it’s not made for us melanated beauties. Aroma - Didn’t notice any scent Texture - Powdery Expense - $0; This was part of a gift set. Now, it has been decluttered because it doesn’t bring me joy. 

August Empties (Hair)

Hair Care EmptiesHair Care Empties

Spoiler

Klorane Nourishing Shampoo with Mango Butter

Results - Makes my hair smell delicious, but my coils feel stripped of moisture (even after pre-pooing and mixing this with a cleansing conditioner)  Aroma - Sweet and fruity Texture - Rich and creamy Expense - $9 3.3 fl oz; This is the price of the travel size bottle, but I got this as part of the Hydrating Mango Butter Trial Kit for $20 that also includes a trial size version of the conditioner the the leave-in cream. I won’t repurchase because I don’t like how my hair feels after using this shampoo.

Pacifica Native Flower Nourishing Hair Oil

Results - Nourished and moisturized hair using the L.O.C. method Aroma - Nothing noticeably strong Texture - Lightweight Expense - I bought this a TJ Maxx and don’t remember how much I paid for it. If I saw it again, I would repurchase because I think it was less than $10 and lasts for a couple of years.

Pacifica Scalp Love Rosemary Mint Serum

Results - A soothe and detoxed scalp? Aroma - I was surprised that there was no noticeable scent since this has rosemary and mint Texture - Thin and very watery Expense - $11 2 fl oz; This is reasonably priced for how long it lasted, but I won’t repurchase because I couldn’t really tell if it was working.

Pattern Jojoba Oil Hair Serum Self-Heating Pack

Results - Glossy, moisturized pre-pooed hair Aroma - Light and sweet Texture - Mediumweight oil that absorbed quickly Expense - $15 2 packs; This is definitely overpriced! I wouldn’t buy this on a regular basis, but I might pick it up when I’m feeling a little bougie.  

My glosses have been getting emptied and my lips have been getting statued

I need to rememebr to come back and post so that I can throw these away. 

Re: Empties - 2019

Still on a big Japanese skincare kick. 

I would re-purchase everything here, except the Dior lash serum and the Drunk Elephant B-hydra. New holy grails: Tunemakers toner. Old HG: Kate lash primer (this might be my 8th tube), Paula's choice 2% BHA (old packaging, 3rd bottle), Bit lip primer (2nd tube). Fancle emulsion that's so overpriced here was an impulse by at the Japanese airport, but turned out to be wonderful, I just need to figure out how to get more of it. Dr. Jart ceramidine liquid was nice and hydrating, this Japanese mascara was good, and DHC lip balm is my 4th tube. IMG_7076.JPG

October sheet mask empties - I'm missing a few but these are most of the sheet masks I used up last month.

LovesLoves

Spoiler
LOVES
Wednesday Flower Road Pomegranate Snail Mask is one of those masks that I would buy in mass quantities if I could ever find it again. Such a great mask and how adorable is that packaging?!! Speaking of adorable masks that perform well, I love the hydration I get from The Crème Shop Slow Down, Skin! Face Mask. I have no opinion as to its anti-aging capabilities but it leaves my skin soft, plump and hydrated! 

I am also especially fond of the peripera Smoothie Time Avocado Mask Sheet (Nourishing) in the winter and/or when my skin leans more dry. This is one of my favorite avocado sheet masks.

Another fabulous hydrating mask is the Missha Pure Source Cell Sheet Mask (Bamboo); bamboo is one of those ingredients that has been a recent discovery of mine and I have to say that I love it – I’ve tried it in wash off masks, sheet masks, skincare products and it’s just a favorite ingredient of mine across the board. The sheet mask was no exception; this one would work superbly for daily sheet masking.

Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Masks were my favorite discoveries of 2018 and they continue to be deeply cherished by me. I’ve noticed that I reach for this yuzu scented one when my head is throbbing, congested or I’m having a particularly challenging time of getting to sleep, or falling back asleep. This one has the strongest scent to me; I ordinarily gravitate to the more subtly scented masks but like I said, this is a go to or nights when I’m having a harder time falling asleep.

LikesLikes

Spoiler
LIKES - all these masks were good and I'd happily use again; some I've already repurchased.

* Oh K! Intense Hydration Snail Sheet Mask
* Sephora Pumpkin Face Mask

* Lanocreme Brightening Face Mask

* The Oozoo Bear Aurora Illuminating Mask

* Oh K! Intense Revitalizing Black Sesame Hydrogel Mask

Meh...Meh...

Spoiler
Meh... these were fine; not bad, but not standout compared to other sheet masks

* The Oozoo Power Capsule Mask (Lightening)

* Kocostar Pumpkin Mask

* Celebeau Bulgarian Rose Radiance Mask

Weekly trashLovesLoves

I really do like what I've tried of the VOLITION BEAUTY - Strawberry-C Brightening Serumbut I've seen quicker results withFARMACY - Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola CherryLikeLike

I really liked the Missha mask, but the sheet itself is so hugeDidn't work for meDidn't work for me

The Nacific was a major fail for me, it was way too sticky for my preference, and I think this SC coconut mask, had to be an older one because it barely had any serum on the mask, and I have previously used the same mask and it was fine

Empties - 2019

I can't find my older empties photos, but good news is these were the last empties that qualified me for a $10 off certificate at BareMinerals. I mainly use The Ordinary salicylic acid for my body acne, KP and armpit odor because it's so cheap and effective. The Nyx setting spray started to make my face itch towards the end of the bottle. I think I realized that I just don't reach for setting spray often, so won't be repurchasing any

Empties - 2019

love everything, but don't care for the scent on this particular hempz, like self tanner, but this one made my pores clog

RE: Empties - 2019

@scott1201 is that the daiso puff cleaner?? Love that stuff!

I am almost finished with Herbivores Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist... and of course I have a second bottle at the ready!  I love this, I use this as a toner at night and it is so soothing for my sensitive skin. I dont use a serum because they never seem to quite agree with my skin, so this goes over my treatment oil and then I use my face cream, which is a little lighter during the warmer time of year. Right now I am using Farmacy's Honey Potion and I love it!

A trial size moisturizer that was pretty good.  It felt very refreshing on my skin and not bad for a sampler.  I did like it.  I actually remembered to now t throw it out before taking a pic.  

3FB47DA6-4E8A-4B6D-A107-067F9D9DCBFC.jpeg

Ha once you get in the habit it’s a challenge not to @2manyperfumes

Skincare Empties 2018 I forgot to take pictures :(.  This is what I have used/bought in 2018 since I started my makeup/skincare journey last year in April.
Before I knew it was a thing to recycle skin care, I threw them away 😞

It took so long to recycle cuz I kept forgetting to gather them all and the bareminerals store isn't too close to me. I loved all of them!!! Now, I want to explore so I may not go back to these for awhile. I still have a lot of skincare in  my stash and some masks Im still trying to finish. I think the only thing I will be buying is sunscreen for the winter.  

20190428_215926.jpg

Let's see if I can remember what I did throw away in 2018:
@DrunkElephant  Protini cream
-1 other drunk elephant shaba eye complex,
-1 @firstaidbeauty   ultra repair cream
-2 minis of @caudalie grape water

testing