cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Awww love Tatcha โค๏ธ Great empties @sockmagnet  need more Tatcha soon lol.

Look at those full size items - go @sockmagnet!

nice! @sockmagnet

nice! @sockmagnet

Empties - 2019

Earth therapeutics,Factr, and fresh Vita were just not for me, either the thickness of the sheet was too much or the scent. the escargot, the vitamin c and the heart eye mask, liked the benefits, just not my favorite material in masks, and lastly my loves

@lmaster Lots of great mask empties! I love seeing all the different masks you used. 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you so so much @RebeccaBT ๐Ÿ’ž

@lmaster  What did you love about the Aquis 01 spray? I have a sample and am looking forward to using it!

@PinkEvergreen it made my hair feel so soft, it kind of reminds me of a hair mask

@lmaster Oh wow, that sounds great! Now I canโ€™t wait to try my sample! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@PinkEvergreen I bought a kit through FFF and loved it so much, I also got the sample, then placed another order with FFF ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nice @lmaster โค๏ธ Again lots of empties and your fave masks ๐Ÿ‘

@2manyperfumes thank you! Yep love my face masks ๐Ÿ’ž

RE: Empties - 2019

This is about 4 weeks of mask empties. Sadly, the summer has been too busy for frequent masking. All were at least likable. I have already repurchased the Saturday Skin Quench and Spotlight masks. The Spotlight Mask (pink) is for brightening and itโ€™s my HG brightening sheet mask. I also adore the Quench/hydrating Mask (teal) and itโ€™s one of two hydrating masks I use regularly and keep stocked. The rest are likes. I will probably re-purchase the Yes to Grapefruit Vitamin C Glow Boosting Mud Mask. Itโ€™s one of the rare mud masks my dry skin can tolerate without feeling completely stripped of moisture. It has some AHAs in it too so I look a bit glowy after using it. I really do like the Karuna hand mask. Feels very Moisturizing but I wish it were unscented. Itโ€™s just a little too fragrant for me. The two Flashmasques were new for me. IMO there are pluses and minuses to the 5 minute masks. Big time savers for sure. But unfortunately 5 minutes was not enuf time to make a solid evaluation of the masks. Maybe next time.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Nice masks @christyrc โค๏ธ I only get to use sheets masks once a week or so but I do use overnight masks often.   

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@christyrc I feel the same way about summer and masking! I have been lacking on masking ๐Ÿ˜ž This was a great reminder for me to mask today ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Rebecca

A small batch of empties from July and early August. Iโ€™m trying to use some of my kabillion samples, or at least the ones Iโ€™m sure are safe for my skin. 

B490F96D-49D3-4418-AADA-7EABB7D9B203.jpeg

Loves: 

Spoiler
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum: Iโ€™ve already repurchased it and moved it to an airless vacuum pump bottle (which wasnโ€™t easy, thanks to the shape of the DDG bottle) because itโ€™s very hard to use up all this serum once the levelโ€™s lower than its original bottleโ€™s pump tube. This serumโ€™s worth the trouble, though. I rave about it all the time. โค๏ธ 

MAC Satin Lipstick in the shade Carnal: I love this blue-toned blood red shade and wish it wasnโ€™t discontinued. I save all my MAC empties for their recycling program (and okay, for free lipsticks); this reminds me to take my latest batch to my local MAC store or counter. Meanwhile, Iโ€™ve opened my last backup tube of Carnal. ๐Ÿ˜ž MAC, y u always kill ur best stuff? ๐Ÿ˜ญ 

Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream: This is the tube I received as gratis from Sephora. Iโ€™ve already repurchased it and will likely go through multiple tubes this winter. ๐Ÿ˜„ My hands donโ€™t have eczema but they are quite dry, and this cream is the best moisturizer Iโ€™ve ever used on them. Iโ€™ve been trying not to use it daily but thatโ€™ll definitely change once temperatures drop below freezing. 

Sephora Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes: I travel with these instead of micellar water. At home, I use them to remove makeup swatches or custom blends done on my hand. Theyโ€™re effective for anything but mascara and waterproof makeup. They smell good. And they donโ€™t irritate my skin at all. Itโ€™s almost time for me to restock these. 

Nopes: 

Spoiler
Tarte Babassu Foundcealer samples: My skin tones are the same as a foundation-wearing friendโ€™s, so I tested 2 shades of this foundation on myself (one on each half of my face) to see if I should recommend either of them to her. I shouldnโ€™t. Both shades were ashy on me, even though they had different undertones. And this stuff felt very heavy on my skin. 

Philosophy Purity Made Simple: This was my first time trying this cleanser. I used it right after the Bobbi Brown oil cleanser sample. Itโ€™s very creamy and smells weirdly medicinal. Irritated my eyes a lot. Removed the rest of the Tarte foundation without stripping my skin or causing any dryness, but a slightly tingly reaction of chicken bumps began to form on my cheeksโ€”and that reactionโ€™s usually followed by dry patches. ๐Ÿ˜ก I quickly added my beloved e.l.f. essence and a cold compress to calm that reaction down. 

Ulta Premium Pillow Cotton Pads: Yet another pack of cotton pads/rounds Iโ€™ve replaced with reusable bamboo/cotton rounds. Took me about a year to finish these. I didnโ€™t like them for skincare use, but theyโ€™re kinda nice for cleaning wounds like the badly skinned knee I had last year. I wonโ€™t repurchase them, though. 

Palmerโ€™s Coconut Oil Body Lotion: I tried this years ago but couldnโ€™t remember what I didnโ€™t like about it. Itโ€™s not terribleโ€”itโ€™s quite moisturizingโ€”but it strongly smells too much like suntan lotion meets Jergens original lotion. And I donโ€™t like how my hands felt after I applied this; not greasy at all, not bone dry, but kinda... suede-ish? Definitely not the feeling I prefer. 

Paulaโ€™s Choice Gentle Cleansing Cloths: These are too gentle. ๐Ÿ˜„ They can remove powder blush but struggle a bit with eyeshadow swatches. Removing cream/liquid makeup requires more aggressive rubbing than it should. I still have a few single packs of these wipes (more GWP from PC); I might use them for post-workout wipe downs. But theyโ€™re ineffective as makeup wipes. 

Neutral, wonโ€™t purchase: 

Spoiler
Bobbi Brown Oil Cleanser: Effectively broke up and removed most of the Tarte foundation. I also have a DS bottle I might use from time to time. But I have no need to buy a full size. Iโ€™d rather use micellar water than a cleansing oil as my makeup remover.  

Wow great empties and youโ€™ve kept track of what you really liked and stuff that donโ€™t @WinglessOne  - you are always organized and thorough ๐Ÿฅฐ

I have been really busy this summer and not much time for BIC,I think this is 3 - 4 months of empties.
LovesIMG_9010[1].JPG

Not for me
IMG_9012[1].JPG

Nice empties @Seymore3! That OH peel system is a good one! โค๏ธ

@Seymore3 Awesome job on all of the empties!

Best,
Rebecca

I only used up 5 makeup/ skincare items this month. Kinda shocked 

10BF6DB3-BE25-4F33-97D5-908A3E685AE4.jpeg