From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations
View activity, savings and benefits
Redeem items, samples and more
View saved products
Recommendations from your store visits
Manage your services, classes and events
Complete your beauty traits for personalized recommendations
Payments, contact info, addresses and password
Ask questions, join challenges, and get recommendations from people like you
Discover topics tailored to your beauty interests
Add your photos and get inspired by fellow beauty lovers
Happening at SephoraView all
Empties - V2
Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂
Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!
Previous Empties thread:
Re: RE: Empties - 2019
Nice empties, quite a few are in my stash as well @mmmiu . I received the DE littles as a gratis and I am on the fence on the same eye product. I just don't feel it will replace my fav, but giving it the ole college try.
RE: Empties - 2019
Re: Empties - 2019
I know that someone from the masking thread posted about these sheet masks from Candy O'Lady but I can't remember who it was; they're totally awesome and I'm thankful for having them brought to my attention as they helped clear up a bad bout of acne.
The snail repair cream was nice and I still really like the scent and texture of the Silk Cream.
Like the acne clearing pads, but found that it took me a long time to get through such a large amount of them. The eye gel was nice... but since I wasn't using it every day it, unfortunately, kept gunking up and I got tired of having to unclog it. I wanted to love the Evercalm day cream but I just couldn't get past the smell.
Re: Empties - 2019
@itsfi thank you, I received it as a sample in ipsy, it's not a huge sample, so I really couldn't tell any difference between this one and all the others I've tried 😆
Re: Empties - 2019
Not sure how old all these empties are, but I’m finally remembering to post them in this thread. 😄 Some of these were empty months ago, others I just finished last week.
Loves and likes:
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion is one of the few body lotions my skin loves. No greasiness or overpowering fragrance, and it does what body lotion’s supposed to do. It just works, man. Sometimes it helps calm any red irritation on my face.
- Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream is a recently discovered love (thanks again to Sephora for the gratis); I’ve got 2 more unopened tubes and will definitely buy more for the winter. This stuff is magic.
- YTTP Superfood Moisturizer is my AM and PM moisturizing cream. I rave about it often. I always empty it (in near total darkness, as quickly as I can so as not to introduce too much air into the product) into an airless vacuum pump jar, which I just refilled 2 days ago.
- Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil is my second favorite brow pencil. Even though it
doesn’t get daily use anymore, I like to keep one on hand in case I run out of my Kimiko pencil.
- The Ordinary Buffet has quickly become a favorite; I use it once or twice daily. I’m SUPER excited that it’s now available at Ulta, where I can use points to restock it.
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioner is my leave-in conditioner. My hair has adored this stuff for years. It’s one of the only SheaMoisture products that’s continued to work well for me after various reformulations.
- Camille Rose Fresh Curl works for me as a morning hair moisturizer. I usually spritz water on my coils, then immediately scrunch in this product.
- Crabtree & Evelyn Jojoba Oil Body Wash is my favorite shower gel. Sadly, C&E discontinued it a year or 2 ago. 😞 I was able to grab bottles at TJMaxx and Marshalls for months, but not anymore. I don’t know why C&E keeps discontinuing their best products.
- Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Soap - this is not the same formula currently sold at C&E direct. That newer one doesn’t contain rosemary; this older formula does. The newer formula makes my hands very itchy. This old formula is fantastic. And it’s now harder to find anywhere... sigh. I have 2 bottles left in storage.
Right: things I used to use often but won’t (or can’t) repurchase.
- Shiseido Facial Cotton - I finally finished this pack last week. 😄 I love these but have no need for them since I’ve switched to reusable cotton/bamboo rounds.
- Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Sanitizer is something I’d repurchase if C&E still made it. (Seriously, what the heck is their business strategy? How do they stay in business? :D) It leaves my hands moisturized and I love the rosemary scent. I have one more bottle left.
- Lancôme Genefique Yeux Light Pearl is the eye serum I used to use each day and night. That ended when I started the DDG retinol & ferulic acid eye serum. I finally used up the rest of this Lancôme serum 2 weeks ago on other parts of my face. I’m going to keep the applicator: it’s a steel ball on a flexible stem that feels soooo nice—very cooling—in the morning. 🙂 I wanna use it to apply my DDG serum!
- Agent Nateur No. 3 was my everyday deodorant until I tried Routine deodorants. I can’t believe I’m saying this but, I’m calling it quits with Agent Nateur. Routine works that much better for me. I have one more tube (a travel size) of No. 3 to use up.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream has been replaced by the Skinfix hand cream, which is much more moisturizing for me.
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair used to be my nightly serum. I’ve had this empty bottle for a while. I still think this is a good serum, but I like others more—and they cost less.
- Lancôme micellar water - this isn’t their Bi-Facil Face version, it’s their plain ol’ micellar water. It works well on everything but eye makeup, and I like that it comes in a pump bottle. But I like Bi-Facil Face more. Actually, I like Tarte’s Micellar Magic even better.
Dislikes and hates:
YTTP Superfood Cleanser is much too drying for my skin. This is the second chance I’ve given this cleanser, thinking “maybe now that the rest of my skincare routine’s knocked out most of my dry patches, this cleanser will work better.” I was wrong. Sorry YTTP, I love you but my skin hates your cleanser. I won’t bother using the rest of this mini.
Kiehl’s Lip Balm No. 1 - I’m so relieved this tube’s finally empty. I did not enjoy using this balm. It’s not nearly moisturizing enough, and I had to reapply it every 1-2 hours or switch to good ol’ Aquaphor.
FAB Ultra Repair Cream is something I liked a lot at first. Then I realized how often I had to reapply it to keep my hands moisturized. 😐 I don’t hate it, but I won’t repurchase it.
Skyn Iceland Micellar Water - something in this irritates my face. Took me half the bottle to realize that last year. I spent several months using it with the Shiseido cotton squares to remove makeup swatches and custom shade blends from my hands and arms. Had to quickly rinse my hand/arm afterward to avoid lots of itchiness. Ugh.
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser left a weird coating on my face I wanted to wash off, especially on my oily zone. It didn’t cut through my sunscreen very well. And it caused a reaction of little bumps on part of my face. 3 strikes.
Re: Empties - 2019
@WinglessOne I'm sorry that you don't like the YTTP cleanser--it's actually one of my favorites! Totally agree with you on the Fresh Soy cleanser, though. I know it's a staple for a lot of people but I don't like how it feels and I HATE how it smells.