cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Two items I adore! Great job on finishing them @christyrc 

Great empties @christyrc! I'll have to look into that OH cream; it sounds wonderful!

@christyrc Love those items. Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

Re: Empties - 2019

IMG_5952.JPG

Top row: loved and would get it again!

• Fresh soy cleanser, Bite lip mask, DUP liquid eyeliner - all repurchases 
  • Tarte eye cream and Hylamide serum are both nice, just hydrating
  • Cher-Couleur N'age peau lotion and cream (not pictured) are travel sized ones I picked up in Japan - OMG i love them so much, highly recommend if anyone is going there!

Middle row: they were okay, there are more exciting things out there

Bottom row: never again

@clemon Great empties 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

Nice empties @clemon!😊

Nice empties @clemon!

I didn't go through very much this month but I went through a lot of stuff last month so I guess it all evens out. 

I completely used two of the three pans in the little Wet'n'Wild palette but the third shade didn't perform overly well so I didn't feel badly about calling it quits on it.  The BareMinerals GenNude liquid lip in "Swag" is my perfect nude shade--I've gone through a couple of these.  The Buxom Serial Kisser lip stain was something that I was really excited about buying but I ended up disliking it; the application was patchy and it tasted like a medicinal mixture of blueberry sno-cone flavoring and cough syrup.I completely used two of the three pans in the little Wet'n'Wild palette but the third shade didn't perform overly well so I didn't feel badly about calling it quits on it. The BareMinerals GenNude liquid lip in "Swag" is my perfect nude shade--I've gone through a couple of these. The Buxom Serial Kisser lip stain was something that I was really excited about buying but I ended up disliking it; the application was patchy and it tasted like a medicinal mixture of blueberry sno-cone flavoring and cough syrup.All little foils, none of which impressed me.All little foils, none of which impressed me.All favs!  The hand cream smells FABULOUS, I enjoyed the coconut-scented Fix+, the Limoncello candle made my bathroom smell like lemon bars, I've already repurchased the Green Clean, and I've already purchased a couple of the full-size Triple Detox shampoos.  A+ all around.All favs! The hand cream smells FABULOUS, I enjoyed the coconut-scented Fix+, the Limoncello candle made my bathroom smell like lemon bars, I've already repurchased the Green Clean, and I've already purchased a couple of the full-size Triple Detox shampoos. A+ all around.

I love the Green Clean and use the mini for travel (refill from the large one). @CookieGirl1 

ooooooo limoncello!!! @CookieGirl

ooooooo limoncello!!! @cookiegirl

Yuck yuck yuck about that lip stain @CookieGirl1. Nice job on your empties!

RE: Empties - 2019

Hi, I’ve got some more empties to share so I don’t bring my trash into June with me! The Algenist is a backup so old I think it’s been discontinued. Which is fine, I wasn’t totally in love with it and I think the Genius White product line needs to be renamed. It was a little more scented than what I now use. Acted more like a toner than a serum. I think the line worked well for me in my thirties,. Another LIKE is the Milk Kush mascara. Idk why mascara has such a learning curve for me. Every formula and wand is different. I took a pic of the wand (after washing for Wands for Wildlife) in case it’s helpful. Idk if it’s the same wand as the full size. Liked the formula: fairly lengthening and volumizing, but with good separation. Would consider purchasing but there’s others I like better. LOVE: DE C Firma. Have already repurchased. It makes me Glow and look much brighter. This has been a game changer. Still working out the days per bottle math. Like the Karuna hand mask, but it’s a little too fragranced for me. Very nourishing. For a day. Then back to abusing my hands. LOVE the Farmacy hydrating Coconut Gel sheet mask. This is my HG of hydrating sheet masks. Low-fragrance and always Moisturizing. Will repurchase. However, the Farmacy hydrating Coconut gel sheet mask with the pic of the broccoli and kale on the front 🥦 🥬 is $3 more and I don’t understand why it is worth the 3 extra dollars. Same great hydration but the mask does not fit as well as the yellow packaged mask. So, this is not a repurchase for me. Maybe I’m missing something?

@christyrc I would never have guessed that the milk mascara brush was pink!

@christyrc Awesome empties! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

awesome empties and awesome cause! @christyrc

awesome empties and awesome cause! @christyrc

RE: Empties - 2019

I think this is a month of Mask empties, roughly. Things have been cray around here so my cadence is a little off. I was glad to love the Yes to Grapefruit vitamin C Glow Boosting Mud Mask. My skin is dry so I don’t often use mud masks bc I’m scared they will dry me out. But this one somehow left me glowy AND my pores were tighter. Would purchase again. Meanwhile, hated the Yes to Cucumbers “Calming” paper mask. Had to rinse it off within the first minute due to stinging. Not like stinging related to menthol. This was yeeouch stinging. I have sensitive skin so occasional problems come with the trying-things territory. The Daylogic Oxygen Bubble Mask was fun. It’s just a like but I think I will purchase it again. This is the mask equivalent of Pop Rocks. After applying, all kinds of little bubbles and pops happened for the first 10-15 minutes of masking. Very fun. Says it has fruit acid. Other than that, the other masks were likes but nothing too special to report.

Love the comparison to Pop Rocks @christyrc

Stinging does not = calming @christyrc, so sorry!

I like bubble masks @christyrc they are fun 😆

I like bubble masks @christyrc they are fun 😆

April empties!

The Almay wipes are really pretty pathetic but unfortunately I purchased a few packs on sale--BEFORE I realized that they weren't very great--so now I'm just trying to use them up.The Almay wipes are really pretty pathetic but unfortunately I purchased a few packs on sale--BEFORE I realized that they weren't very great--so now I'm just trying to use them up.The only complete dud was the Olay eye serum and I didn't feel like it did ANYTHING.  The Exuviance mask was a little "meh" as well and while I didn't necessarily dislike it, I've had plenty of other charcoal masks that I thought were way better.The only complete dud was the Olay eye serum and I didn't feel like it did ANYTHING. The Exuviance mask was a little "meh" as well and while I didn't necessarily dislike it, I've had plenty of other charcoal masks that I thought were way better.Most of it was pretty good stuff!  I've already repurchased the shampoo and body scrub and the dry shampoo smelled really good but because it's a "volumizing" dry shampoo it made my hair feel a little gritty instead of clean.  I've since purchased the Batiste volumizing dry shampoo and I've really been liking it a lot better.Most of it was pretty good stuff! I've already repurchased the shampoo and body scrub and the dry shampoo smelled really good but because it's a "volumizing" dry shampoo it made my hair feel a little gritty instead of clean. I've since purchased the Batiste volumizing dry shampoo and I've really been liking it a lot better.

Hi @CookieGirl1 ,

I love Good Genes and I do not think I have ever seen a empty Fenty Gloss Bomb before! Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

testing