cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

My June sheet mask empties. Lots of sheet masks this month - a good number were loves or likes! 

LOVESLOVES

Likes, part 1Likes, part 1Likes, part 2Likes, part 2

Top row are meh; bottom row of Yadah masks are OK; they're fineTop row are meh; bottom row of Yadah masks are OK; they're fine

Nahs - none of these were irritating and none caused any allergic or negative reaction but they weren't particularly standout either.Nahs - none of these were irritating and none caused any allergic or negative reaction but they weren't particularly standout either.

@itsfi   It’s all so colourful this month!!!  

Colorful in homage to the beginning of summer @heartsmyface! lol. 🙂  

@itsfi this is oh so beautiful trash

@itsfi this is oh so beautiful trash

Re: @itsfi this is oh so beautiful trash

Thanks @lmaster! June was a good month for sheet masks! 🙂

@itsfi, do you have any idea how much I love seeing all of your masking Empties?  You are definitely one of our top Masking Moguls here and you totally inspire me.

Awww, @CookieGirl1, that's so sweet. There are a lot of fabulous maskers on BIC with amazing mask selections - my looooong list of masks "to buy" or "to look into" has grown sooo much. I love hearing about and seeing what everyone is using for masks. 🙂

June empties! Still trucking through my stash! I was hoping to hit 100 finished items by halfway through the year (I don’t include sheet masks or foils because I can’t be bothered to save them), but unfortunately I missed the mark and am at 84 at the halfway mark. I’m still pretty impressed though, and looking forward to a big July ☺️D8F2114B-A1FC-417D-AA31-57EE49287D29.jpeg

Spoiler

FAB face cleanser - would not repurchase. I wanted to love this because I’m always looking for a mild cleanser for my sensitive skin, and have had great luck with other FAB products. This made my skin feel dry/tight.

Laneige eye sleeping mask - would repurchase. I have a dry under eye area sometimes as a result of using prescription topicals. This has helped keep my undereye area hydrated, even in the dry winter. A little goes a LONG way, and a bottle will last for a long time. I would advise against using it more than twice a week because it is a little heavy for everyday use

ELF concealer - Not the worst formula, but it did oxidize a bit. I think this product has been discontinued but I would try an ELF concealer again. It was lighter coverage that worked well for spots, or on no/light makeup days.

Laura mercier caviar eye stick in Amethyst - This was part of my pan. I didn’t love the product already because it was more grey than purple, and it creased terribly. The product wasn’t stable in the component (was too soft) and eventually fell out into a sink, so the last 1/4 of the product was unusable. Wouldn’t rebuy.

Guerlain l’essentiel natural glow foundation DS - LOVE this foundation. It’s a light to medium coverage that is buildable. Feels nice on and doesn’t get cakey. The finish is beautiful, not too matte and not too dewy or satin. Great staying power and I didn’t have transfer issues.

Tarte rainforest of the sea 4-in1 setting mist - Would not rebuy. I didn’t find that it did a great job at setting my makeup and didn’t help with oil. I didn’t care for the scent either.

Hawaiian tropic lip balm - Just happy to have finished a chapstick before I lost it LOL. I would repurchase once I go through more of my stash. Love that it has spf and that classic Hawaiian tropic vacation scent.

Too faced mascara melt off mini - This is an HG product for me, and I’ve gone through many minis and full sized. I would only rebuy FS because the mini has 0.5ml versus 8ml in FS.

Drunk elephant c-tango multivitamin eye cream - would not rebuy. This gave me horrible milia under the eye, so I ended up using it on the rest of my face. I did like it as a Vit C serum for my face but it’s excessive to buy an expensive eye cream for use on the whole face.

First aid beauty barri-air cream - Great product but terrible packaging. Would only rebuy if the packaging was changed to be airtight to prevent foaming. My face felt hydrated, and I had the impression that it was retaining moisture better compared to other creams which I feel so more for moisturizing but less for hydrating (if that makes sense??)

Batiste rose gold edition dry shampoo - HG product. Smelled kind of like maraschino cherries, which I like. It didn’t have a rose gold color or anything. I believe this is LE, but pops up at winners/TJs often. I would repurchase

Bath and body works aromatherapy stress relief sugar scrub - fantastic product. Smelled like eucalyptus and was amazing in the shower. It didn’t irritate my sensitive skin and made it SO soft. I mainly used this on my legs prior to getting them waxed and I’ve found less in-grown hairs as a result of proper exfoliation. I would repurchase because I have a hard time finding scrubs that aren’t too abrasive

Lots of empties this month @cianni! Nice work! 🙂 

I find the Too Faced Melt Off Cleansing Oil to be such an underrated product. I put it on my lashes for a few seconds and then follow up with my DE Slaai cleanser on top and my mascara comes off seamlessly. <333

This is the 2nd time I’ve read good things about the TF melt off on BIC. I think I need to check it out. 84 empties is phenomenal @cianni!

@ShortErica @PenelopeBT it is SO underrated. I feel like it’s overlooked because it may not be the most “necessary” product, but honestly I can’t live without it now. I use it for all kinds of mascara (even non waterproof), and I find i don’t have to tug at my lashes to get all the product off, and my lashes are so happy about that 😂

@cianni 84 empties is amazing! Great job!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you! @RebeccaBT it’s so satisfying finishing a bunch of stuff because now I have room for all the newer releases 😂

All were good, that was third or fourth Mascara  from a Loreal.  Love the Infallible liners.  Third bottle of Dr. Dennis Gross and third sample of Sunday Riley.  My last of 5 Sephora Masks.

A few more emptiesA few more empties

@2manyperfumes Love how you displayed the products! Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT ❤️ I contain my mess 😁

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I really need to focus on one mascara at a time to use them before they dry out. Have so many samples. Nice empties @3manyperfumes

@weetart @2manyperfumes, sample sized mascaras are the pe...

@Weetart @2manyperfumes, sample sized mascaras are the perfect size. Lets us use them up quicker and try the next newest ones 🤗

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I have 3 of the small ones from sets on the go (one mascara set from Sephora, one from Shoppers Drug Mart). That is enough on the go for me at once.  I may never have to buy a mascara for years due to the 2 sets and gwp mascaras. @Weetart 

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I have a few on the go right now.  I prefer waterproof because I have very straight lashes that won’t hold a curl but the waterproof keeps them from going down straight.  

1 Reply
testing