cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thanks @missjeanie! 🤗  This will be the first full year that I (try to) keep track of my empties so I thought a breakdown in a spreadsheet would be easy for me to see at a glance what I’ve used up. It was also easy to set up so let’s face it that was a very influential factor in the breakdown! 😂 I think you’ll like the ease of it.  I’m sure there can be a host of sub-categories but I’ll keep it simple for myself. Hahaha! 😃 I’m interested in seeing what I go through more than anything. I think I’ll also keep track of items I declutter, as a completely separate category.  

Do you have a number of you are aiming for in terms of empties for the year? Or are there certain products you are wanting to get through this year? 

@itsfi I like the simplicity of it!  The simpler the more likely I am to follow through!  Last year I hit 492 empties, so my goal this year is to hit 600, stretch goal of 704.  I'm counting decluttered items as empties, but like you, I'll put them in a separate category. I'm hoping to declutter stuff I don't use though the year.  I don't know why I keep things I'm not using, a better not 'waste' it mentality I guess.  I'm hoping to cut my deluxe samples down by about 1/4 through my February littles self imposed challenge, and I'd like to get to the point where I can fit more of my makeup/skincare in actual drawers as opposed to under the bed/suitcases.  How about you?  Are you trying to use up a certain category?

Awesome job, @itsfi !  I just found the CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL during the week of sales in what- December?!  I bought 2 for 50% off each hoping I would enjoy them and now I wish I would have bought 10. Not even half kidding there. I can see why it's holy grail status for some. 

@l8totheparty, it really is such a nice cleansing balm and for the longest time was the only cleansing balm I used. Other brands have come out with some very good cleansing balms and now I rotate through a couple of different ones including the Clinique. I’m so glad you were able to pick up a couple on sale. 😃 A little goes a long way so your two jars will last a while!

@itsfi You go, girl :).  26 so far is pretty dang good!

Thank you @CookieGirl1. It’s a good way to start off the year! 😃

Hi @itsfi,

What a great sense of empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT! 🤗 I’ve just been tossing items in a bag as I’ve gone through them; didn’t realize I got through as many as I did until it came time to take these pics. 😃

@itsfi  Do you have a goal number of empties for the year? Lots of good products in you empties. I’m also moving towards reusable products with the cotton rounds. Ordered some earlier this week off amazon so we will see how it goes.

@jen81, I haven’t thought about any number of empties for a goal. I went through 100 foil samples over the course of 3-4 months last year so most of my products now are full and deluxe size, and I planned on just focusing on using what I have. I might see how many I’ve gone through after 3 months and then calculate a target based on that figure for an end of the year goal.

Re: Empties - 2019

LIKE & LOVES of MAY 2019LIKE & LOVES of MAY 2019EVERYTHINGEVERYTHING

• Good Molecules Wake Up Eye Serum – LIKE
  • Opti-Free Puremoist – LIKE 
  • Christophe Robin Clay Cleansing Volumizing Paste – LOVE
  • Hello Natural Toothpaste Natural Sweet Mint – LOVE
  • Love Beauty & Planet Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Shampoo – LIKE
  • Love Beauty & Planet Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Conditioner – LIKE
  • Lancome Hydra Zen – LIKE
  • Age20s Aura Essence Cover Pact Refill Light Beige 21 – LOVE  (thx to my friend, refilled!)
  • Su:m37 Water-full Timeless Water Gel Cream – LOVE
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original – LIKE (took a lifetime to use)
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner – LIKE
  • Culturelle Daily Probiotic Chewable Orange – LOVE
  • It’s Skin Cookies and Cream Body Ice Cream – LIKE
  • Belif the true cream Aqua Bomb – LOVE
  • Olay Regenerist Whip Polishing Creme Cleanser – LOVE

The "Moisturizing Cetaphil" & "Mamonde oil wash" were MEH, sadly. 

@MSena  I really want to try Su:m37 products! I only heard great things about the brand.

@Cyncynn I adore Sum37. I prefer the Water-Full set to the Secret Set, but you can't go wrong with Sum37. It kept my skin alive during the long Michigan winter. 

Expensive though! 

Whoa! Nice amount of empties @MSena . You know I also just used up a bottle of the Culturelle orange probiotic, didn’t even think of putting it on here. I liked it alright, but I prefer the orange banana smoothie align ones. Problem is they are way more expensive.

@Weetart That sounds delicious and now I'm intrigued! 

But yes, I love including bottles of vitamins in my empties because I kid myself it's inner beauty. Before I did this, I was nursing a sad bottle of Omega-3 for over a year until I threw it away. Felt bad. 

@MSena Seriously, I get the gummies or flavored ones because I know I wont take them unless they taste good. I've tried, and nope nope nope. I have malabsorption and so I "get" to have periodic blood tests to check all my levels for everything. So on doctors orders I take a probiotic (Align works the best for me), multi, D3 (2000 IU), and B12 (3000 mcg) daily. I also have a chronic sodium deficiency so doc told me to add extra salt to my food (yuck). Everything is always on the slow decline even without the vitamins so I get to have prescription crazy strength once every 6 months or so. I don't bother with other supplements because this is enough work for me alone.

@Weetart  I should get the gummies, too. I keep forgetting there are delicious versions of pills out there. 

I'm sorry about the malabsorption! Sorry to be asking so many questions, but how did you find what pills work best for you? I've been riding the Centrum & Biotin & Omega 3 & Lutein train for years but always got the same brand. My friends tell me there are better brands out there but I've no clue how to land the "right" brand. 

lol no problem. @MSena I don’t get hung up on brands, I go by my test results and physical symptoms. I’ve been taking the cheapo generic Amazon brand gummies, Solimo, since they came out and they seem to work just as well or better than other brands I’ve tried. (Woman’s multi, D3, and B12) And they are absolutely delicious. As for probiotics... there are obvious physical symptoms that occur if one doesn’t work well enough for me. So that’s easy for me to decide on. I do my own cooking so I already get high levels of spices like turmeric and garlic etc in my diet, don’t need those in my multi or as additional supplements. I have good skin and no problems with my hair or nails, so I must be doing something right. My personal philosophy is less is more. It’s really such an individual thing, but that is my routine. 😀

@Weetart I, too, advocate the "less is more." And thank you for sharing your routine & the lovely suggestions! I'll definitely look into those Solimo gummies once I finish up my Culturelle. They look delicious.

I don't get obvious results with my pills so there's no way of knowing if they're truly doing me some good, but to echo you, my hair and skin are doing okay so may they are! 

@Weetart they also contain less active cultures than the Culturelle.

That's interesting @CookieGirl1 Huh, I guess the cultures in align just agree with my personal gut more.

1 Reply
testing