cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

Oh nice! I currently use Missha Time Revolution as my “brown bottle”. But I think you’ve sold me on this! @MSena 

@Weetart I've heard good things about time revolution, too! How do you like it? 

I like it a lot! It took me a few months for my skin to get used to the retinol, but that’s not unique to this product. My skin soaks it right up. 🙂 you really do get a big bottle so I think it’s a really good deal @MSena 

Re: Empties - 2019

Wow you ladies use a lot more stuff than I do lol I feel better now haaaa.  I’m just finishing my conditioner from 5 months ago.  

I take eons with shampoo/conditioner. I don’t use it often with my hair type. @2manyperfumes Tou just reminded me I think it’s time to cut the old dye job off. My hairs down to my butt so I think I’ll have enough left after chopping the meh color off.

Wow is your hair that long?  I sometimes miss my long hair but not the drying time or styling lol.  I’ve had every colour and had it long for ages.  Are you letting it go to it’s originsl colour or planning a whole new look @Weetart ?   

10 years ago down to almost my waist.10 years ago down to almost my waist.

Oh @2manyperfumes and I want to do something different, long hair is just a pain. It takes so much extra work just to keep rats nests from forming. No idea what to do. I miss having short hair and using pony falls if I felt like having long furs for a day.

I just figured try something different so I went in and first chopped it shoulder length and wavy.  Then I got bored of it and changed it up.  

Wow! Your hair is so long there! @2manyperfumes I just got lazy and always put my hair up and suddenly it was long lol. It wasn’t always that way. Here, I’ll share a pick of me 10-15 years ago lol I swear beyond the piCs I have on the lipstick challenge thread I usually can’t help but make a weird face. On da bus in LAOn da bus in LA

I love your magenta hair @Weetart lol.  Your hair is so thick lucky lady 👍 I put my hair up a lot too when I had it long.  It use to grow pretty fast.  Now it stills does but it isn’t as full as before.  The joys of being passed menopause.  

Lol @2manyperfumes my hair naturally looks like I got a bad 80s perm when it air dries. It just doesn’t look right to me. I see others with curls and it looks awesome, but when I see it on me I’m like ARGH! I need to strangle this mess into a bun ASAP. I always wanted to have either bigger hair or flatter hair. Nothing but what I have I guess.

@2manyperfumes My friend asked me if I drink my makeup! lol 

At the same time, I think I took about 4 months to use up my conditioner too 🙂 

Lol too funny.  I’m finally out of conditioner but it’s  $28 purchase ouch but necessary - will remember to post the bottle.  It’s only sold I think through salons but it’s really good.  

What’s the brand @2manyperfumes ? Just curious is all. We obviously have different hair types. I pretty much only use hair masks on the bottom half of my hair and a little shampoo on the roots once every four days.

It’s a raw organic lavender shampoo.  I’m not sure of the name but I will check and post it for you with a photo. I threw out the shampoo bottle but I have the conditioner.  It doesn’t lather like regular shampoos. 

great bunch of empties here @MSena

great bunch of empties here @MSena

Re: great bunch of empties here @MSena

Thank you @lmaster  🙂  They keep piling up. 

My monthly empties! Year to date total : 102 yay I finally reached the three digits !!! lol 😂

LovesLoves

Spoiler

Loves :

Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask : Best overnight cure to an extremely dry skin. I had a cold this month and this was the ultimate treat. My skin was so dry around my nose and in one night only I could see major improvement.

Ouai Scalp & Body Scrub : I think this is my third jar (?). This is a staple now in my collection. The scent is feminine and it does wonders for the scalp and body. Even my boyfriend loves to use it to get rid of all the buildup in his hair.  The sugar crystals are chunky, but it lathers nicely. Doesn’t dry the skin and contains probiotics.

Drybar  Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler : My hair tangles so quickly and this is my favorite detangler. It doesn’t feel greasy and preps my hair for styling while protecting it from all the heat.

Hourglass n°28 Primer : A 2-in-1 skincare/primer. This is a wonderful deep moisturizing serum. Looks gorgeous under makeup. If your skin looks crusty or flaky under makeup this will change your game.

Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash - Coconut : My skin is pretty sensitive to scent in body wash, but this one is so gentle. It does relieves itchy dry skin.

Sol de Janeiro Bath Bomba (x2) : I caught a cold and felt like taking baths to keep me warm and relax. These bath bombs were a pure treat. My skin felt so hydrated afterwards.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment sample : Loved these for my chapped lips, such a deep moisturizing balm. It completed my light makeup looks perfectly. They were sheer and looked great.

Creme Shop Peppermint - Acne & Oil Control Sheet Mask : My favorite Creme Shop mask. Does wonders for acne and keeps my oils at bay.

april 19 likes.jpeg

Spoiler

Creme Shop Mask (3) Naughty, Nice & Snowman : These are great mask to feel better and give your skin a little hydration. Some of them contain snail secretion so beware if you don’t like it. The sheets are too long and not wide enough for my oval face shape. The eye holes are pretty small and the nose part is also too long and not wide enough.

Sephora Collection Coconut Face Mask : Smells like delicious coconut and I loved the fiber sheet it was soft and comfortable. It didn’t slide. My face felt nourished afterwards. Will buy again.

Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask : I love the scent in the Amika line. I didn’t hate the mask, but it’s not the best I've tried. It did nourish my lengths.

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm : Rich eye cream that deeply moisturizes. Looks great under makeup. I didn’t notice a lot of brightening (I have really dark blue circles), but it does an excellent job for fine lines and depuffing the undereye area.

Mane ’n Tail Shampoo : I love the smell of this shampoo and it does make my hair look shiny and healthy. It feels lightweight and lathers nicely for oilier scalp. Don’t know if it really helps for thinning hair. This was my second bottle and I didn’t notice anything different in the thickness of my hair.

Not bad, but wouldn't (re)purchaseNot bad, but wouldn't (re)purchase

Spoiler

Not bad, but would not (re)purchase :

Sol de Janeiro - Brazilian Bod Buff : This was my second tube and I love this scrub but I won’t repurchase it. There’s turmeric in the ingredients (I guess to give it this gorgeous yellow color), but it stains my skin so bad I can't deal with it. I need to re-scrub after scrubbing which is totally unnecessary at this point.

Zea Facial Wipes : Gentle wipes, but nothing special. I didn’t like the material of the wipes and it was hard to remove my eye makeup.

LaNeige Multiberry Yogurt Repairing Mask : Smells like a delicious berry smoothie and feels rich and thick, but it’s hard to rinse off and feels like there’s always a film left on the skin. Results aren't bad, but not the most moisturizing I’ve tried.

Still Huge Extreme Lash Mascara : Clumps clumps clumps. The fibers on the brush were so dense and tightly packed that it was hard to dispense the product equally through the lashes. You cannot reapply because it creates more clumps. I needed to go in with my spoolie every time to get rid of the clumps, then it looked good. I know a lot of people swear by this mascara so I’m wondering if the brush is different on the deluxe sample ? The formula was creamy and it didn’t smudge or flake, it was just too intense.. and I’m usually not the one to complaint about a dramatic falsies effect.

Nope :(Nope 😞

Spoiler

Nope :

IGK Summertime Hair Lightening Spray (LE): Bought this last year and found this empty bottle when doing my spring clean. I remember thinking this made my hair super sticky and it didn’t lighten my natural hair color much (I have light chestnut brown hair and used to be blonde as a kid). Not worth it if you aren’t blonde (dyed or natural).

😮 you’re counting your empties????  Are you also counting how many items you bring home?  I kinda like this system!  @ellem24 

I actually never thought of counting what I bring home and then compare. That is such a great idea!! I should try it although I don't know if I'm that organized lol 😂.. But yes I do count my empties each month, I keep what I use in a container and I take notes about every items. It motivates me to see my progress and use as much as I can 🙂 @heartsmyface 

Great empties @ellem24!!! The Sephora Coconut Sheet Mask is one of my favorites!

I have been using the deluxe sample of the Stila Mascara for the past month, and I am actually really liking it. It makes my lashes look thick and luscious, and I haven't had a clumping issue. I use it with the Lancome Lash Primer, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

testing