cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Iโ€™m the total opposite @ShortErica. Itโ€™s much easier for me to snap a pic. I counted totals last month since I set a goal for myself, but havenโ€™t so far this month. 

My mask packages tend to get destroyed when I cut them wide open for the extra serum. Maybe that makes a difference for why I don't want to take used mask pictures @eshoe ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

They do get a little slimy, huh @ShortErica ๐Ÿ˜†

I am so impressed with people who finish a pile of products in a month. This month I have finished 3 items. Olaplex is a regular once-a-week use for me, and I love the effect it has on my hair. Briogeo was a trial and buy in the sale in May- it was lovely on my hair to make it feel soft.  I love using the Clarins for my daytime undereye routine, and makeup glides smoothly overtop.GoodiesGoodies

I love all 3.

@l8totheparty I never used to think I finished all that much until I started keeping a bag under my bathroom sink and got into the habit of keeping everything.  I went on a low buy trying to use up samples etc and was amazed at how much I started using when I was going through samples and deluxes.  Some months are always bigger than others though, and quality over quantity means you know what you like!

Olaplex did nothing for my hair, I gave it to my sister who loves it... tho I see absolutely no difference in her hair at all

Iโ€™m a hair fanatic, watch many you tube videos about styling etc, but for me Lโ€™oreal Shampoos and conditioners (currently loving the Ever Pure) and once a week with Lโ€™Oreal Ever Pure Repair Remedy Balm, does the trick. I also use Itโ€™s a 10 leave in conditioner on the days Iโ€™m not using the Balm, none from Sephora, but no worries, I feel Iโ€™m contributing nonetheless to Sephoraโ€™s success ๐Ÿ˜‚ I do love love love the Ouai hair oil, the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresserโ€™s invisible oil and have been a big user of Living Proof products, currently the Dry Volume Blast

i recently got the the most amazing tool, Iโ€™m obsessed with the Dyson Air Wrap! Thank u Sephora for 20% off Rouge event bc I finally got it and LOVE ๐Ÿ’• 

@ginnykc @Cyncynn @Weetart I thought the same about The Olaplex (did nothing for me) but I was using it as a deep conditioner and their site says it is NOT a conditioner. And that it should be used on unwashed hair.29F58FA6-EC5C-4778-BEF1-14A7AB7C951B.jpeg

I need to try it and see how it works when I follow the instructions ๐Ÿ˜„

good job! @l8totheparty

good job! @l8totheparty

Re: good job! @l8totheparty

3 down, hundreds more to go....and I have full-sized of all of these waiting in the wings. 

@lmaster 

So I totally missed the April check-in because Iโ€™ve been having a crazy time in my personal life, and havenโ€™t been able to be on BIC as much ๐Ÿ˜ฐ anyways - Iโ€™ll be (mostly) back now, so here are the April empties (just in time for May LOL). No pics because everything was recycled, but for the June check in, Iโ€™ll start keeping everything again!5C49EC65-3EC9-4313-81B1-292608C36305.jpeg

731425B0-0488-4819-A12A-97FA4F59AC35.jpeg

Spoiler

standout products: Mario Badescu spray (very soothing - always keep a mini (or two) with me in case my skin is feeling irritated or dry), Batiste dry shampoo (great drugstore option, I repurchase this often), Holika Holika Super Cera (picked this up on a whim at Winners and unfortunately fell in love! It was the perfect heaviness to get me through the winter, and my skin loved it), too faced mascara melt off (Iโ€™ve been using this for a while and have a ton of backups. I use it even without waterproof mascara because it reduces the amount of rubbing/damage to my lashes to take the mascara off. Warning - do not leave it on to โ€œsoakโ€ more than 1 min as directed... once it gets into your eyes everything is super blurry. It didnโ€™t irritate my eyes but the blurriness lasted 15 mins)

Great to see you again @cianni ! Iโ€™ll have to keep an eye out for the Holika Holika cera. Iโ€™ve been really enjoying the brand!

@missjeanie I picked it up for $6.99 or something at winners and knew nothing about it so I didnโ€™t pick up more. Iโ€™m hoping to see it back because Iโ€™ve been seeing a TON of Holika Holika sheet masks and facial cleansers coming in, so Iโ€™m taking that as a sign that other items may be trickling in as well!

fingers crossed @cianni !

I have seriously missed your face! @cianniU are back!!

@lmaster yesssss I missed you too!! I have so much to catch up on ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ happy to be back โค๏ธโค๏ธ

IMG_3917.jpg

I don't like it as much as the Dragon oneI don't like it as much as the Dragon one

The deep clean sheet mask from Miss Spa was pretty nice, and I do think that it helped to clear up my hormonal acne.

Kiehl's glow formula skin hydrator was just a no for me... the colour is weird, it smells yucky, and there was just nothing that I liked about it - I didn't even finish the sample packet.

I'm still on the fence about the lotus youth preserve cream from Fresh, it has a strong (but not unpleasant) scent that reminds me of cucumbers more than anything.

The resurfacing serum from Tata Harper smells gross, and I probably wouldn't buy it, but it does seem to do what it claims... so if you don't mind the scent then it might be worth it (and the smell does seem to either dissipate / or you get used to it after about 10 minutes).

I love the cleansing cloths from Biossance. I don't wear make-up often, but it really is a joy to be able to remove eye make-up without irritating my eyes. 

The Koala sheet mask from SNP felt very cool on my skin, was very moist, and left my skin feeling very hydrated. It had a very noticeable scent... which I couldn't quite place but was maybe a cross between something medicinal and a quality mud mask (it wasn't unpleasant). Ultimately, I just don't like it as much as the Dragon one, so I probably wouldn't repurchase unless it was on offer for half price. 

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

You make an adorable koala ๐Ÿจ @sockmagnet ! Love the mask reviews

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

You make an adorable koala ๐Ÿจ @sockmagnet ! Love the mask reviews

It is cute @sockmagnet (koala mask). Iโ€™ve been meaning to try out some Kiehlโ€™s and some First Aid.  I love the watermelon glow overnight mask but it makes me break out.  ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

that koala mask is so cute @sockmagnet

that koala mask is so cute @sockmagnet

Great variety of mask products @sockmagnet ! Thanks for the reviews!

testing