cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

I searched out a licensed clinic and Botox should only be used in upper face not below your cheekbones or around mouth.  I get the minimal every 5-6 months in between my eyes around my forehead and temples.  I also get one the brow area where my eyelid started to slide and bug my vision on the right eye.  You can see it’s slightly lower than my left.  My left eye the outer lid was sliding annoying me when driving or tired because it would push my lid down so I couldn’t see properly peripherally.  The tension headaches and migraines are almost completely gone which I can’t tell you what a relief that has been.  Plus my 11’s between my brows have faded.  Deep deep lines can’t be removed just relaxed.  

@2manyperfumes thank you so much! I need some education on this topic lol I probably will try it for forehead lines and tiny crows feet,,, and lip lines uughhhh

No one escapes them @lmaster 🙀

@Weetart @2manyperfumes how much does Botox run off you don't mind me asking,,, and does a dermatologist do this or a different kind of Dr?

Hi @lmaster here in Ontario the units run $10/ea with the average person requiring around $250.  There’s a generic version which is a bit lighter and doesn’t last as long for about $8/unit.  It’s important to find a good practioner because everyone’s muscles move differently so there is a learning curve to make sure it’s done right (no one wants to raise or lower their eyebrows to much) or cause one to droop.  Thankfully it’s not permanent lol I haven’t had any reactions to the Botox.  They also use it if your a teeth grinder or have jaw issues but that needs a really technical doctor or nurse to administer properly because of the nerves in the lower part of our faces.  I wear sunscreen and take care of my skin, take vitamins and considering the laser therapy similar to @Weetart .  It’s expensive but really helps with hyperpigmentation and pores, scars etc.  It’s $600.  When I lost over 50 pounds I lost a lot of volume in my face and some sagging.  I’ve haven’t altered my looks but regained the volume to keep the elasticity in my skin with some fillers and the Botox.  I spent a lot on skincare at Sephora so I tallied it up and thought OMG last year and decided to redirect that amount and find a good doctor lol.  It was so subtle my husband didn’t notice because I don’t want a new face I just want to preserve and take care of what I have.  

I tried the skii essence and actually found that I got similar results to when I used the maycoop raw sauce (can find it on peachandlily) at a much better price point

Thank you @lmaster!

@faeriegirl you're so welcome

@lmaster Great masking this week!  I have that spirulina mask to try out as well!

@missjeanie thanks!! I did not like it!! I did review it, not sure where the heck the review went, but I would of graded it a D 😂 I b thought the scent was terrible.

IMG_3917.jpg

I don't like it as much as the Dragon oneI don't like it as much as the Dragon one

The deep clean sheet mask from Miss Spa was pretty nice, and I do think that it helped to clear up my hormonal acne.

Kiehl's glow formula skin hydrator was just a no for me... the colour is weird, it smells yucky, and there was just nothing that I liked about it - I didn't even finish the sample packet.

I'm still on the fence about the lotus youth preserve cream from Fresh, it has a strong (but not unpleasant) scent that reminds me of cucumbers more than anything.

The resurfacing serum from Tata Harper smells gross, and I probably wouldn't buy it, but it does seem to do what it claims... so if you don't mind the scent then it might be worth it (and the smell does seem to either dissipate / or you get used to it after about 10 minutes).

I love the cleansing cloths from Biossance. I don't wear make-up often, but it really is a joy to be able to remove eye make-up without irritating my eyes. 

The Koala sheet mask from SNP felt very cool on my skin, was very moist, and left my skin feeling very hydrated. It had a very noticeable scent... which I couldn't quite place but was maybe a cross between something medicinal and a quality mud mask (it wasn't unpleasant). Ultimately, I just don't like it as much as the Dragon one, so I probably wouldn't repurchase unless it was on offer for half price. 

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

You make an adorable koala 🐨 @sockmagnet ! Love the mask reviews

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

You make an adorable koala 🐨 @sockmagnet ! Love the mask reviews

It is cute @sockmagnet (koala mask). I’ve been meaning to try out some Kiehl’s and some First Aid.  I love the watermelon glow overnight mask but it makes me break out.  🤦‍♀️

that koala mask is so cute @sockmagnet

that koala mask is so cute @sockmagnet

Great variety of mask products @sockmagnet ! Thanks for the reviews!

More empties for May!  Bought more Ardell lashes and I still have 2 more hylauronic masks.  Completely out of the PTR Irish Moor Mud.  It’s pretty good for unclogging pores and soothes the skin without drying,  

73E87BE8-FB66-4840-B2C4-197C7F4DA5DF.jpeg

nice set of empties @2manyperfumes

nice set of empties @2manyperfumes

Re: nice set of empties @2manyperfumes

Thanks @lmaster I’m really trying to get through as much as I can skincare wise but I go through Ardell lashes bi-weekly.  

Oh I love this mask from The Creme Shop @2manyperfumes !  And you've inspired me... I always think I don't have time to do a full strip of lashes, mostly because I'm unpracticed, but I think I'll test out some individual lashes again!

Thank you @missjeanie I love the creme line.  So far they are good products and affordable 👍. I use to buy the full lash but I ruin them or lose them so often it’s a waste of money.  The individual bunches are easier for me cost wise.  They take a bit of practice but I’d rather lose one piece than the whole lash.  I like the Demi half ones and will buy the naturals or the cat eye ones that are longer on the edges because of my eye shape.  

5 Replies