cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@ellem24 interesting that with your skin type that Dr. Jart face mask works well for you-I’ve been wanting to try it for awhile and it’s great to hear! Also now I’m pretty interested in the OH mask, sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Re: Empties - 2019

@eshoe I know it's so weird. I thought I would hate the Dr. Jart and it would be too moisturizing, but it worked perfectly. Maybe I wouldn't like it as much in the summertime.. my skin does whatever it wants lol

Re: Empties - V2

Weekly empties

1A40BD30-EA90-4FD3-A2D4-D6D073733BDD.jpeg

Lala and SDJ bum bum are loves, SDJ açaí and ABH lash brag are just ok, and the Briogeo was a nope.

Hi @faeriegirl,

I love the Bum Bum Cream! You need to restock that STAT! 🙂

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT I love it so much I always keep a backup!💛

Nice empties @faeriegirl!!! SDJ Bum Bum is an always love for me too!! 

@faeriegirl Great job! I love the Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. It is one of my staples in my routine. 

Best,
Rebecca

@faeriegirl 

How long did it take you to go through your Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL? I’ve been working on one a year and I swear it’s never ending, I use it everyday and it just doesn’t end lol 😂 

@GG84 I was just going to ask @faeriegirl the same thing!  I only use my Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mLsparingly once a day, and on;y around my area and perioral region.  I've been wondering how long it would last since I bought it in Nov and don't have a great way of telling when it's about to be used up.  Sounds like I'll have it for a while, which is great!

@greeneyedgirl107 

I’ve unscrewed the top to take a peak 🙈 it’s just a never ending bottle. Totally not complaining though, it’s my favourite moisturizer! 

@GG84 Interesting!  I didn't think of that.  I might do that in another couple of months.  Thanks for the tip!

@GG84  I think I opened it in December, so right at 6 months. 

@faeriegirl 

That’s a reasonable amount of time. 

@GG84  I used a lot this winter and I also mix it when I use the Babyfacial because it is really strong. 

You've got some good staples in your empties here @faeriegirl! SdJ bum bum (that scent!!) and LaLa are wonderful!! Posting weekly is a good idea; I try to remember to post them periodically but either forget or am just too lazy. Did the Briogeo scalp revival items just not work for you overall or was there something specific about it that made it nope?

@itsfi I didn't care for the scent and it just didn't impress me enough to purchase.

@faeriegirl I swear I could smell the SDJ as soon as I saw the photo!

@faeriegirl  Good job finishing even the ones you didn’t love!!

January 2020 empties - 26 total empties for the month (Breakdown at end of post, in spoiler)

LovesLoves

Spoiler
LOVES
Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water (Sensitive Skin) is a staple for me and I've gone through countless bottles. It's my pre-cleanse - some nights I just use it to remove my eye makeup and other nights I use it all over to break up my sunblock and makeup before my first cleanse. 

I find the shape of these Q-tips Precision Tips to be super helpful for me when it comes to cleaning up my manicure, flaky or smudged mascara, and errant eye liner.

GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment is a go to for saying 'buh-bye' to blemises. A true superhero spot treatment.

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm is one of my favorite cleansing balms. 

I started using Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel before hyaluronic acid became popular (yes, a looong time ago). It's pricey and I like to try out other hyaluronic acid formulas to see what's out there so it's not always part of my skincare collection but it is definitely a nice one to have.

I started looking into vitamin C products more seriously late last year and there have been a lot of formulae that my skin has really liked but I think my favorite has been the Farmacy Verry Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry. I have a couple of full size Vit C products to get through but plan to pick up a full size of this one when the next sale rolls around.

LikesLikes

Spoiler
Dearpacker #5Minutes Daily Soothing Mask probably falls in the "loves-likes" category. I like the concept of these daily mask packs - it cuts down on waste and having a 'go to' quick, easy and effective sheet mask in the daily routine is nice. This Dearpacker container, though a little large for my taste is one of the best ones I've seen. What keeps it from being a 'love' is the design of the packaging, and particular the fact that the first closure (the sticky tab) isn't strong enough to keep the serum from the sheet masks from leaking, which, while I do like that the sheet masks have a lot of essence to them, there's just so much extra in the pack.  It's great for keeping at home, on a vanity, nightstand, counter or wherever someone keeps their skincare products, but it's not as travel-friendly as I would have hoped (and as I think about it, it's probably not intended to be something you travel with).

Supergoop! x Rebecca Taylor Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 - love the concept, love the packaging. Not a fan at all of the scent on this one. It just was too much for me and actually made me dread using this product which is a shame because I really think this is a great medium for sunscreen that can be reapplied throughout the day.

Clinique Take The Day Off Balm was my HG cleansing balm for the longest time - I started using this around 2011 / 2012 - yeah, that long ago and was using it almost exclusively as my first cleanse until last year. I have a few full sizes to use up and will happily incorporate it into my routine with the other cleansing balms / oils that are now fall into the 'faves' camp for me. There's nothing wrong with this balm; there are just other balms in the sandbox that also play well with my skin.

Shiseido Facial Cottons are, hands down the. softest. cotton. pads. ever. EVER. These pads feel like a soft pillow for the skin. These would be loves for me but for the fact that I'm looking to reusable cotton pads as they cut down on waste.  That said, I would happily use these if I have them - this small sleeve is comes in handy when traveling as well.

I wasn't so sure about the MEDca Acne Pimple Master Patch Absorbing Cover. I'm partial to the acne dots by Peace Out, CosRx or Peach Slices. These were quite a bit gummier (is that even a word?) which made me wonder if that was how they were manufactured to be or if it was because they were aging. These aren't bad; I just like other brand's version of these acne dots better.  I would definitely use these if I had these lying around (and I do as they come in a pack of 10 sheets of 24).

I picked up these Secret Body Cleansing Wipes when I was heading out of town for work and vacation after. We were going to be doing a lot of "walking tours" and I didn't want to chance offending anyone's sense of smell ... or my own. Hahaha 🙂 Turns out there wasn't that much walking we did, but I wanted to test them out, so the last few weekends I've been putting them to the test after the gym. They're pretty good - has a light fresh scent, not at all overpowering. They made for a nice quick refresher after a walk during my lunch break.  I like the portability and convenience of the individual packaging; makes it easy to keep a few in my purse, gym bag and in a drawer at work. 

More LikesMore Likes

Spoiler
LIKES (continued):
These products were fine; nothing wrong with them. More often than not, they were not a "love" because there's something I like better or the product may not have been used during a season that would be ideal for it and my skin type.

Pai Skincare Organic Rosehip BioRegenerate Rapid Radiance Mask - Pai is a clean brand and burst onto the market before clean beauty is as prevalent as it is now. This makes a great overnight mask and there are a lot of great. organic and clean overnight masks to choose from now.

The formulation on the 3Lab Perfect Sunscreen SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum is lovely. It is on the pricier side and there are high quality sunblocks out there that perform very well and are less expensive.

I received a full size of the Lancome Hydra Zen Anti-Stress Moisturizing Face Cream as a gratis last year and enjoyed the gel cream but the consistency doesn't work with my skin as a moisturizer for most of the year. I like this one as a serum underneath my moisturizer for most of the year; I might be able to get away with just the Hydra Zen as a moisturizer in the warmest part of the summer when my skin is a lot more oily. 

HUM Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair Vitamin Gummies - they're gummies so there's already a point in their favor. Hahaha! These tasted fine but since results are claimed to be noticeable after 4-6 weeks, the 7-day supply wasn't going to do anything but the mini version is convenient for travel if these work for you. 

Youth To the People Deep Moisture Cream is a good moisturizer but winter is not the right time for my dehydrated-combination-leaning-dry skin. I'm pretty sure I have another foil of this cream and if I remember, I'll plan to give it a try when the weather warms up a little. 

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil is a very rich, luxe and viscous oil. It's great for my dry skin overnight; because of its viscosity and richness, it can take some time to absorb into my skin. I like this one a lot but prefer the African Botanics marula oil.

Like the YTTP cream, I think the Volition Snow Mushroom Serum would be better suited for me at a different time of the year. I have another DS of it and plan to use it in the spring. 

2 No's & a Meh2 No's & a Meh

Spoiler
NO / MEH:
In my mind, Biore reigns supreme in terms of nose strips and the Skinfood Egg White Pack Peel-off Pack Nose are no exception. I'm not sure they pulled anything out; the ones targeted for the forehead and jaw (i.e., Skinfood Egg White Pack Peel-off Pack Forehead Jaw) performed similarly and both are "no's". 

The gel formula of the Lancome Energie De Vie The Melt-In Overnight Mask seems like it would be better suited for those with oily or normal skin or combination skin that leans oily, and for those who would be fine with added fragrance. The scent on this one was too much for me. 
And now it's time for a breakdown...
Spoiler

MTD
YTD
Full size
Deluxe / travel / mini
Foil
                        Total

MTD
YTD
Skincare
Makeup
Hair care
Bath & Body
Nail care
Wellness
Other
            Total

Impressive empties @itsfi !! The Bioderma is such a good makeup remover, it dissolves makeup very efficiently! The Farmacy Vitamin C Serum sounds like something I'd like 🙂 Do you know how it compares to the OleHenriksen Truth Serum (if you have ever tried it) ?

Great job @itsfi 👍

1 Reply
testing