cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

@scott1201 so glad you had so many loves 💖

@scott1201 so glad you had so many loves 💖

Re: Empties - 2019

Okay, lots of recent empties! Sorry for all the picture spam - i didn't want to tote empty items home from my trip

Sorry for the weird lighting - the hotel bathroom light was super lowSorry for the weird lighting - the hotel bathroom light was super low

Spoiler

Loves: Josie Maran (thank you so much @eshoe 🙂 ), Belief

Likes: Fresh (don't love the scent), ABH Brow Wiz (I prefer the bigger tip version, this one always crumbles on me)

Dislike: Glow recipe (!!!) - i know, i'm surprised, too. It just felt like the texture was separating or something? I couldn't get a consistent texture. Sometimes it would be super yucky gel then other times very smooth gel. I think i should just stop trying to find gel masks to like; they're just not my thing. 

No opinion of the toothpaste, lol. It worked

IMG_7485.jpg

Spoiler

Loves: LM (already repurchased for the 3rd time), Jack Black (Love you 4ever), Clinique (really good and doesn't burn), Moraccannoil (love love love), DDG (makes my skin feel great super fast).

Eh: Lancome - hard to get a good feel on a skincare foil.

IMG_7486.jpg

Spoiler

Loves: All except the Watermelon Creme Shop. Lapcos Collagen is an all time favorite and possibly my favorite sheet mask brand.

Like: Watermelon Creme Shop. I didn't dislike this one but i won't go out of my way to repurchase. I'm not a super big fan of Watermelon scents and it dried up faster than normal.

Jack black is my fave too @scott1201. Did you like the peach and lily? I tried to get some during a GWP bag event but the store I was buying through didn't stock them so I never ended up trying them.

Hi @scott1201,

I love the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil. The texture feels so nice! Interesting about the Glow Recipe! I have yet to try it! Thanks for the feedback! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

mine crumbles too @scott1201 so annoying!

mine crumbles too @scott1201 so annoying!

So glad you liked the Josie Maran, @scott1201! I love to blend the unscented version with different Aveda composition oils, too. 

I'm so jealous @scott1201 - I wanted to love the LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20but couldn't find a shade match (despite coverage being sheer). So glad it works for you! Also excited for the good reviews of belif and clinique since I think I have those too. Thanks for sharing.

RE: Empties - 2019

My December empties soo sad to have finished up my favourite face mask by Dr Brandt, and my favourite Stila Glitter & Glow shadow😢 but they will both definitely be repurchased! Already did repurchase the 2 Marc Anthony haircare products, and the rest pictured are things I liked, but didn’t love.

RE: Empties - 2019

I Loved the glitter and glow Stila eye shadow, too, @samkeaysxo and purchased it. I love when a purchase is born from a sample.

on to new products to try @samkeaysxo

on to new products to try @samkeaysxo

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@samkeaysxo Such awesome empties! This reminds me to go through my hair and body care empties too 🙂

Best,
Rebecca 

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@samkeaysxo can you elaborate on the dr brandt vacuum cleaner? I have a FS but also have dry skin and a lot of pore cleaning masks don't play nice with dryer skin. 

RE: Re: RE: Empties - 2019

It’s a very cooling, tingling mask that helps with pores and I also used it as a spot treatment sometimes. I have combo skin, unsure about how it would be on dry skin but it wasn’t drying on me at all

My trash bin was full today!

937AD5ED-D23C-4FA4-A547-6A726306AC4A.jpeg

Loved most of the sheet masks and didn’t dislike any of them. I also finished a big Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Clinique Moisture Surge - it’s my everyday moisturizer and I love it so much. I was sad that I didn’t like the Bareminerals Tinted moisturizer sample - I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my LM base. Oh well! 

Notably, I also finished my first jar of Halo beauty supplements. I know this is the big thing in beauty but I’m not sure if I’m on board. The pills absolutely made my nails grow super fast but they weren’t particularly stronger. I didn’t really notice any changes in my hair or skin 🤷🏻‍♀️ Each morning when I took the pill my stomach would get so upset, too. I don’t think I’ll repurchase but maybe look into other supplements in the future. 

@scott1201 I’ve had similar issues with taking supplements! I haven’t personally taken Halo because of the controversy around the Sawgrass Palmetto potentially reducing efficacy of birth control pills. I don’t remember exactly where all the research lies with respect to that, but even a minute risk wasn’t worth it. I find my stomach is okay if I eat right before (like ten mins) or take a supplement with food. 

Sheet mask goals 🤩@scott1201 I've been doing good at masking at least 3 x week. 

love buxom, and your cute masks 😍 @scott1201

love buxom, and your cute masks 😍 @scott1201

I tried a sample of the CLINIQUE - Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator and bought it during the Ulta sale. I've been using other moisturizers and can't wait to try it for an extended period next year. Great to hear you love it @scott1201

@scott1201 What amazing empties! I love the CLINIQUE - Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator. It is so cooling and hydrating on the skin. Thanks for sharing. 

Best,

Rebecca

Empties - 2019

Half year's worth of empties and declutters. I'm still having a hard time letting go... but imagine it will only get easier ☺

good thinking, I do the same esp scrubs on my feet @angel...

good thinking, I do the same esp scrubs on my feet @angelKiss24
5 Replies
testing