cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

@jen81 the coconut milk body scrub sounds very appealing!

@jen81 the coconut milk body scrub sounds very appealing!

Re: Empties - 2019

@jen81, nice empties! That L'Occitane shower oil is great; love that version of the Farmacy sheet mask! 

@jen81 Awesome empties! Loving so many of the products 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

Weekly trash62CB21FD-33ED-4E5B-9B22-E3C53596DFB6.jpeg

Spoiler
Top three masks were good and I would repurchase all; the Coscodi is a very thin cotton mask and the Lapcos Oil is a 2-part strongly scented mask (love). The Dr. Jart+ is also 2-parts with ear straps and feels like a bandage; it’s a hydrogel that adheres fantastically to your face.

The Algenist and OH Truth Serum are both great, but I won’t purchase as I have plenty of samples to wade through.

The Cosmic Calm mask was $1 at Party City and something I picked up out of curiosity; it performed about as well as I expected, wouldn’t repurchase. The FaceINC mask was adorable but I couldn’t get it to stick and it caused some minor irritation. I couldn’t pinpoint the culprit, but it was fun to use. 

The Pacifica gloss was fine, just something I kept in the kitchen and won’t be repurchasing. I really love the Kenra Blow-Dry spray, have been trying some other products but nothing works like this one for my hair. 

The Maison Margiela Festival was fine, didn’t mind it (actually I liked the scent) but it doesn’t last on me. Didn’t care for the MJ Daisy but it wasn’t awful. A bit too floral for me. 

The Hourglass Immaculate foundation oxidized on my skin, have never had that happen before and it took me by surprise. I tried different serums and primers, but it did it every time. It had a strong chemical scent which also surprised me. A no-go.

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@eshoe good info on the Hourglass foundation. It was on my list of possible tries. I will definitely test first!

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@christyrc I just did a quick search and it appears I’m not alone, definitely test it first if you are considering it.

I've been using the kenra for a long long time @eshoe one...

I've been using the kenra for a long long time @eshoe one of my favorites!

Re: I've been using the kenra for a long long time @eshoe one...

@lmaster love the scent, and it doesn’t make my hair look greasy, win-win😄

Likes/okayLikes/okay

LovesLoves

Loves- have already repurchased the amika, green clean, dp hue , boscia, Shiseido. Have deluxe  samples of some of these. Jordan Samuel is very nice will repurchase after I finish another hydrating serum.  I love the ceo serum but ouch it’s costly. Makes my skin look 🙌. The new first aid beauty cream is really nice and hydrating but not heavy or greasy!

likes/okay- biossance moisturizer was really nice especially with their squalene oil. Sunday Riley eye cream was so nice but I have a zillion deluxe samples of eye creams . My daughter dumped out the acv spray and replaced it with water 😭. The PTR I still can’t decide if it does anything. The eye patches were all messed up both were cut in half some had to to squish them together to

work. The skinceutical was nice but very pricey for just water and a mask. The living proof was nice but unsure if it really extended my hair style. Felt nice on my hair though. 

absolutely love the farmacy! great products you've gone t...

absolutely love the farmacy! great products you've gone through @jen81

@jen81 Loving your empties. I am a huge fan of the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanserand the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Best,

Rebecca

You used a lot of great products, @jen81

Lots of wonderful empties @jen81! I also love teh Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL, I just opened a new one last night 😛

when I was picking products for my project pan for 2019, I realized there were a ton of products I didn’t want to include because they’re things I knew I would finish and it wouldn’t be much of a challenge. So I’ll be trying to do an update here as well to include things that are outside of my pan! I’m not going to include sheet masks or foils because I already know I’m going to forget to keep those for a photo.F230D6DD-2AB3-453C-8943-B3D9997544E5.jpeg

Spoiler
LOVE - the mini Tommy Hilfiger 2 is a really nostalgic smell to me so it will forever be a love for that reason alone (I think I bought my first bottle in high school). I hate dabbers and have since discovered scents I lIke better, so I’m happy to have this finished. Not pictured - The Creme Shop charcoal makeup remover wipes. Love these, I have repurchased. Takes makeup off without making my skin feel stripped and dry, and I can Usually take a whole face off with both sides of one wipe.

MEH - benefit roller lash. I know everyone loves this but I prefer my BTS and the Milk Kush. I had a bunch of minis of the roller lash and this is officially my last one. Clinique acne solutions cleansing gel - made my skin feel clean. I don’t struggle with too much acne but it did help to keep some of my smaller whiteheads at bay. It did the job, but I feel like are so many other washes with 2% salicylic acid that it doesn’t make it that special.

DISLIKES - L’Oréal power moisture hair mask and Verb Sea Texture cream. For both I found that they smelled nice, but I saw no difference between using them and not.

@cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

@cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

Re: @cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

@lmaster Thank you! I swear towards the end it was like... must... finish.. so close... even though no results..... 😂😂 I’m happy to see that one go 👋🏼👋🏼

Re: @cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

Yeah I've tried since like that too @cianni 😂😂

Kudos to you for your restructuring @cianni😊

Likes, some need to use longer to decide.Likes, some need to use longer to decide.

Loves - will repurchase or already haveLoves - will repurchase or already have

The fresh glow water smelled great but did it do anything? Trestique was really dry and wouldn’t blend out. Mufa way too light on me. Others just mehThe fresh glow water smelled great but did it do anything? Trestique was really dry and wouldn’t blend out. Mufa way too light on me. Others just meh

I love the fresh nectar spray @jen81 😍

I love the fresh nectar spray @jen81 😍

@jen81 I got the same sample of the MUFE and the shade was actually pretty close for me but I didn't like the texture or the way it wore on me :(.

1 Reply
testing