Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

The inspiration for this thread is multi-fold and long-winded! For one, Iโ€™m still feeling all of the love from Galentineโ€™s Day, Valentineโ€™s Day, and the general camaraderie Iโ€™ve recently seen around my favorite threads. Secondly, Iโ€™m heading out to Sephora in a bit, and Iโ€™m feeling self-conscious about going in bare-faced because my rosacea is flaring. I decided to double-down, and not only walk out the door with no makeup, but also post a picture here. That got me thinking about all of the ways that we celebrate makeup and each other in this community, and how wonderful it would be to extend that same kindness and positivity to our makeup-free selves! 

TL;DR if youโ€™re feeling inspired, post a picture of your beautiful bare-faced self, maybe share a bit about yourself, and be prepared for an onslaught of love! To start us off: Iโ€™m Laura, 34 years old, and Iโ€™m a school counselor in the great city of Chicago. I love soccer, craft beer, and of course the BIC โค๏ธ

FDEA9BF9-E981-495E-80BA-F2C7CFDACB1D.jpeg

Re: Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

@melissapurple22  You look so pretty and your skin is flawless!! I hope you're feeling better!!๐Ÿ˜Š

@melissapurple22 Thank you for sharing. I hope you feel better soon. 

@melissapurple22  You look lovely and have such wonderful skin. I hope you feel better soon! Strep is no fun. 

@melissapurple22 Your skin looks fantastic, so glad the Kiehlโ€™s has been working for you! Theyโ€™re one of those brands that I hear about all the time but have never tried myself. Iโ€™m still getting over pneumonia, which Iโ€™m convinced I picked up from the kids too. Hope you feel better soon!

You look great @melissapurple22! I hope you feel better soon!โค๏ธ

awwww @melissapurple22 hope you are feeling better soon!...

awwww @melissapurple22 hope you are feeling better soon! you look great regardless

@tastelikewater  Great thread idea ! This is how I go to work most days (90% of the time).

If I could just overcome my paranoia about posting full pic in a forum that is open and shows up on Google ๐Ÿ˜ž

@naturalooks15 Thatโ€™s a good point! Iโ€™ve posted so many pictures of myself in these threads that I totally stopped thinking about it ๐Ÿ˜›

@naturalooks15 tumblr_lmwfudOs2N1qbsdri.gif

Second guessing my online existance ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I knew this already, but it's not fun to think about and mentally dissect ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

This is really beautiful & positive thread, I'm so glad you started it @tastelikewater โค You're such a lovely, radiant woman and I love seeing your posts and looks. You're so gorgeous, with and without makeup ๐Ÿ’–

Bare faced and break outs, cuddling one of my favourite people โ˜บ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’œ I'm a stay-at-home mom to 3 beautiful kids with a supportive and sweet husband ๐Ÿ’• Before this, I was a single teen mom ๐Ÿ’— I attended university for a bit to study child and youth care counseling, but ultimately decided to leave so that I could put all my focus into raising a family. Literally living out my dream job right now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–โค20190212_091924.jpg

@bakeamuffin What an amazing job ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Rebecca

@bakeamuffin  What a sweet picture!! You look great but that cutie on your lap steals the show!! They are what makes life worthwhile and special!!!Thanks for sharing!!โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜

@bakeamuffin Love this picture. You sure got your hands full. I donโ€™t know how you do it. I have a toddler and thatโ€™s already exhausting. 

awwwwwwww @bakeamuffin how sweet is this pic!!! love this!

awwwwwwww @bakeamuffin how sweet is this pic!!! love this!

@bakeamuffin  You both look very beautiful. This is the best age. I miss my kids baby age so much. I had quit and stayed home with them when they were little and enjoyed it greatly. 

You both look so comfy and wonderful @bakeamuffin! Thanks for sharing about your family. It makes me smile and so glad that you are living your dream.

@bakeamuffin Beauties, both of you! You share the same stunning blue eyes. The love and bliss are radiating off of you โค๏ธ I donโ€™t have kids of my own yet, but when I do, I hope to have even half of your happy glow! Thank you so much for sharing with us. 

You and your daughter are beautiful @bakeamuffin! Oh how I miss the days when my son would cuddle like that!

@bakeamuffin Look at that blonde hair and big blue eyes! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜ I've seen your older son before who has your beautiful brunette hair, but I don't think I've seen this little one! You have great skin @bakeamuffin , its radiant! Who cares about a few blemishes. Did you get the retinol i sent? It's been a while, i sent it snail mail since it was small enough. 

@GG84 ๐Ÿต๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’œyou're so sweet, thank you! ๐Ÿ’– I've been keeping g an eye on the mail but it hasn't come yet, I'll shoot you a message when it arrives ๐Ÿ’Œโค Thanks so much for sending it! ๐Ÿค—

Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

@tastelikewater love this! I'm Lonna I'll be 38 in April, stay at home mother of 4 for the last 5 years, before that was a loan assistant at a bank for almost 10 years. I am a mother of a 5 year old son that was diagnosed with ASD, with consistent therapy for the past 3 years, he has come so far. I live in the country in a small town in Illinois, about 3 hours south of Chicago. everybody here on BIC has given me a social outlet to make new friends and share thoughts and experiences that I wouldn't normally get to do otherwise. so thank you to everybody that has made my life so much more special ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • FDEA9BF9-E981-495E-80BA-F2C7CFDACB1D.jpeg
  • 0C3D9A27-3C65-4172-B6A4-FAAB09194FB5.jpeg
  • 20190212_091924.jpg
  • tumblr_lmwfudOs2N1qbsdri.gif
  • IMG_4366.JPG
  • I just turned 36 and am a beauty and skincare junkie. Most of the people from the Galentineโ€™s exchange know that I love crafting. When Iโ€™m not doing that I am on here trying to help people as much as I can, being a Materials Manager at work or chasing my son who will be 3 soon.
  • 20190217_192310.jpg
  • That's my dad on the right
  • 27D40887-5538-46A4-AE9C-DA5B00F0869F.jpeg
  • My poor hair. My twists need to be redone. Yeah this is definitely natural. :D
  • No makeup but I do have eyelash extensions.
  • bare face.jpg
  • The middle is me, barefaced.  The pic on the left is a CM, and the pic on the right is a natural look I did by myself.  Up close, they look different, but like I said, my makeup skills have improved.
testing