Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

The inspiration for this thread is multi-fold and long-winded! For one, I’m still feeling all of the love from Galentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day, and the general camaraderie I’ve recently seen around my favorite threads. Secondly, I’m heading out to Sephora in a bit, and I’m feeling self-conscious about going in bare-faced because my rosacea is flaring. I decided to double-down, and not only walk out the door with no makeup, but also post a picture here. That got me thinking about all of the ways that we celebrate makeup and each other in this community, and how wonderful it would be to extend that same kindness and positivity to our makeup-free selves! 

TL;DR if you’re feeling inspired, post a picture of your beautiful bare-faced self, maybe share a bit about yourself, and be prepared for an onslaught of love! To start us off: I’m Laura, 34 years old, and I’m a school counselor in the great city of Chicago. I love soccer, craft beer, and of course the BIC ❤️

FDEA9BF9-E981-495E-80BA-F2C7CFDACB1D.jpeg

RE: Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

You all are beauties!! I’m loving this thread. My name is Krysten. I’m 32 and a single mom to a 5 year old girl who is my entire world. My first baby is my Cockapoo Scarlett who will be 8 in a few months. I like to read, do yoga, and am about all things crafty! I’m consider myself to be a nerd - I love to learn. And I love Disney and Harry Potter. My skin has never been great. I had a good system going and if I avoid dairy (which I usually do because I’m lactose intolerant) my skin looks better. I was just in the hospital for 10 days so my skincare went out the window so it could really use some love right now. I feel like I’m constantly learning from you wonderful ladies and I’m thankful to have found the BIC!

@KehDee I hope you are doing better ♥️

@KehDee I hope you are doing better ♥️

RE: Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

Bringing this thread back for summer! It’s a tricky time of year because I don’t want to wear makeup in the Chicago heat and humidity, and my skin transitions towards oily. That said, summer weather is much easier on my rosacea, so I generally feel better in my skin. Curled lashes and a dab of lip gloss today!

you look so beautiful @tastelikewater

you look so beautiful @tastelikewater

Re: RE: Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

Wow, your skin looks great barefaced! <333

Re: RE: Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

@PenelopeBT Thank you! Because of my rosacea, I have to be diligent and careful with my skincare. It's frustrating to not be able to experiment with new and exciting products the way other people can, but I think it's working out to stick to a gentle regimen. 

Re: Celebrating Beautiful, Bare-Faced You!

Hello Everybody! 🙂

My name is Audrey and as you can see I’m not the most creative when it comes to making a username lol. I’m an 18 year old student and I love all things to do with makeup, Harry Potter and Marvel. Even though I don’t post a lot on the BIC community I love how supportive it is as well as  reading everybody’s comments, tips and reviews.

2D6A9EB2-125F-44BC-A353-4FD93D59BB36.jpeg

@XxAudreyxX Welcome to the BIC Community! I love your curls, they look so soft and pretty. <333

Thank you @PenelopeBT! 😊

Welcome @XxAudreyxX ! Your eye color is just stunning 🙂

Aw thank you so much @tastelikewater!

@XxAudreyxX Welcome to BIC. Your skin looks great. 

Thank you so much @SportyGirly125! I’ve struggled with my skin for quite some time and only relatively recently have I discovered products that work for me so that means a lot. 

Beautiful picture @XxAudreyxX! I love Harry Potter and Marvel too❤️

Thank you @faeriegirl! I just saw Captain marvel and I can’t wait for Avengers Endgame!! 😁

@XxAudreyxX  Beautiful picture!

Thank you @ather!

Hi guys! I'm Stacy. *waves* I live in Chicago and work in the legal field. I'm so happy having the BIC in my life. Thankfully my skin has been better lately due to new skincare.20190410_140336.jpg

@sprocketta Love your glasses! What's your current favorite skincare product? <33

Thanks @PenelopeBT I call them my awesome nerd glasses. I am currently loving the Paula's Choice CLEAR acne line. It has really made a difference for me.

237 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • FDEA9BF9-E981-495E-80BA-F2C7CFDACB1D.jpeg
  • 0C3D9A27-3C65-4172-B6A4-FAAB09194FB5.jpeg
  • 20190212_091924.jpg
  • tumblr_lmwfudOs2N1qbsdri.gif
  • IMG_4366.JPG
  • I just turned 36 and am a beauty and skincare junkie. Most of the people from the Galentine’s exchange know that I love crafting. When I’m not doing that I am on here trying to help people as much as I can, being a Materials Manager at work or chasing my son who will be 3 soon.
  • 20190217_192310.jpg
  • That's my dad on the right
  • 27D40887-5538-46A4-AE9C-DA5B00F0869F.jpeg
  • My poor hair. My twists need to be redone. Yeah this is definitely natural. :D
  • No makeup but I do have eyelash extensions.
  • bare face.jpg
  • The middle is me, barefaced.  The pic on the left is a CM, and the pic on the right is a natural look I did by myself.  Up close, they look different, but like I said, my makeup skills have improved.
testing