cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Who’s Red-y for Holiday Lippes?

💋Hey there Jeffrey here, Sephora Beauty Director!✌️ 

I hope everyone is having an amazing November and gearing up for the holiday season! I wanted to take a moment to share a holiday collection I’m obsessed with!

Yves Saint Laurent has always been one of my favorite fashion houses and they never fail to deliver. This season, for beauty, they are launching a gorgeous, limited-edition collection of 7, coveted shades packaged in an ultra-luxe black and glitter-gold tube! The texture of Rouge Pur Couture is to die for and also speaks to the opulence that YSL is synonymous with!

YVES SAINT LAURENT - Rouge Pur Couture Limited Edition Lipstick

The minute I swatched them, I instantly recalled references of Tom Ford at his last collection for YSL Rive Gauche. With all the embroidery, the satin pagoda sleeves, and direct influences of the “orient”; it epitomized DECADENCE! The only thing to complete the look would be a spritz if Black Opium, no? I can imagine Liya, Gemma, or Daria pulling one of these treasures out of their clutch and applying before stepping into the chicest of any celebration. How beautiful an image!

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz/ 50 mL

If you love lips. These are a must have! Get ‘me while they’re gold!

💄- Who else was a fan of this era in YSL’s history?

🖤- Who’s also a fan of Tom Ford, like me?

😍- What do you think of the collection?

💋- What’s your favorite shade?

SOUND OFF, BIC!

Re: Who’s Red-y for Holiday Lippes?

@JeffreyBD miss you more!! When are you coming back to SF for a visit? 

This post is amazing... In all honesty, I don't own anything from YSL but that may need to change! Love these photos so much, thanks for sharing all these gorgeous swatches! 

@JeffreyBD Smiley Happy YOU'RE HERE!  Heart  YAY!  

Dude, you know I love my "berries" so I'm definitely picking up Rose Stiletto! I hadn't seen swatches until now, but  you've convinced me to snag Le Fuchsia too Heart   

You're a terrible (and by that I mean wonderful) influence! LOL!

Love you mean it! I would say Le Fuchsia is second pick for me. I think YSL is more know for Fuchsia as a signature color over red. But I would say ANY of the bolds are all SOLID wins for me. Soooo seductive!

My picks too @ZombieMetroAnt! 💗💗💗

@JeffreyBD Le Rouge 😍😍💄👄💋

All the way!

Hi there @JeffreyBD! What a stunning collection! I have 1 - Le Rouge. It's the perfect red. I love the texture and the wear. Just gorgeous! What a fantastic gift to give/get! 

That's my favorite, Naturally! I'm literally obsessed!

Alas, I somehow still haven't tried anything from Tom Ford so I can't relate there! A tragedy, I know. 😄 

I'm loving the collection! The packaging is really sleek but also some sparkly fun. It's hard to pick a favourite shade. Le Rouge looks like a phenomenal red that would work on so many (and totally up my alley for the holidays!). Le Nu looks like the lipstick I would get soooo much use out of. And then Rose Stiletto... it might be my favourite since I have nothing like it, with that berry/rose with some satin glean, but it's hard choice! 

@Llgc  I’m totally with you about Rose Stiletto. I don’t think I have anything like it either and that definitely is causing me to gravitate towards the colour! (I would usually go for the fuchsia so that’s saying something haha!)

YAAAASSSS To ALL of this! Le Rouge is the must have. Esp since they christened it no. 1! I mean it HAS to be the ONE!

73 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • 9C3755D1-57CF-4C1C-B2DB-C3597533A342.jpeg
  • DORK.jpg
  • 7D5884B6-A318-4CE3-9677-5A885AFB81A5.jpeg
  • 9D6B0C01-5428-4D53-BA05-8CF9F0352FF9.jpeg
  • E35A2FE5-77CC-47F5-A446-88FD790A5B50.jpeg
  • 3A4C7D68-5D32-400A-B3D6-B6D5399201CF.png
testing