cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Whoโ€™s Red-y for Holiday Lippes?

๐Ÿ’‹Hey there Jeffrey here, Sephora Beauty Director!โœŒ๏ธ 

I hope everyone is having an amazing November and gearing up for the holiday season! I wanted to take a moment to share a holiday collection Iโ€™m obsessed with!

Yves Saint Laurent has always been one of my favorite fashion houses and they never fail to deliver. This season, for beauty, they are launching a gorgeous, limited-edition collection of 7, coveted shades packaged in an ultra-luxe black and glitter-gold tube! The texture of Rouge Pur Couture is to die for and also speaks to the opulence that YSL is synonymous with!

YVES SAINT LAURENT - Rouge Pur Couture Limited Edition Lipstick

The minute I swatched them, I instantly recalled references of Tom Ford at his last collection for YSL Rive Gauche. With all the embroidery, the satin pagoda sleeves, and direct influences of the โ€œorientโ€; it epitomized DECADENCE! The only thing to complete the look would be a spritz if Black Opium, no? I can imagine Liya, Gemma, or Daria pulling one of these treasures out of their clutch and applying before stepping into the chicest of any celebration. How beautiful an image!

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz/ 50 mL

If you love lips. These are a must have! Get โ€˜me while theyโ€™re gold!

๐Ÿ’„- Who else was a fan of this era in YSLโ€™s history?

๐Ÿ–ค- Whoโ€™s also a fan of Tom Ford, like me?

๐Ÿ˜- What do you think of the collection?

๐Ÿ’‹- Whatโ€™s your favorite shade?

SOUND OFF, BIC!

RE: Whoโ€™s Red-y for Holiday Lippes?

My jaw dropped when I was watching your unboxing of this @JeffreyBD ! I love 1,9,70 and 340. I just adore the whole set up you have there really lol. So pretty!! P.S. So good to see you on here ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Re: RE: Whoโ€™s Red-y for Holiday Lippes?

Awww!  What a cute pic, @Mcakes and @JeffreyBD!   Jeffrey, I am so sad I didn't get to meet you at Sephoria, but the other ladies were raving about how amazing you are! โค๏ธ

Next time @Tamara76 Heart Heart Heart 

P.S. Photo cred goes to the lovely @sister13 Heart ๐Ÿ˜„

Such a great pic @Mcakes @JeffreyBD!!!

Thanks @veronika23 Heart I swear @JeffreyBD can't take a bad picture ๐Ÿ˜„

Awwww shucks! I assure tho, I definitely can! 

DORK.jpg

Awww, such a great night!!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• @Mcakes @JeffreyBD

It really was @sister13 Heart Miss you tons!!

Re: Whoโ€™s Red-y for Holiday Lippes?

Iโ€™m aaallll about Le Orange ๐Ÿ˜ lucky number 13! Its different enough from my current red-orange love, the PMG MatteTrance in Obsessed!, to justify having both right?!๐Ÿ˜‰

Of course it is! The texture is TOTALLY Different! I mean night and day! But still both have stay power. the YSL's stained my arm after the swatches! Lol!

This just reminded me that I have a mini of the Le Rouge that I've never even swatched. It's in the standard gold packaging but still so luxe. I'm definitely breaking it out this holiday season!

Yes! Please tag a pic when you try it out! I'd love to see the LEWK!

@MyieshaBD  So you gonna get into "01 - Le Rouge" or what's up? LOL!

Thank you for the swatches @JeffreyBD! I always like special packaging and the matte black is super nice but not a fan of gold. I want to see more silver! ๐Ÿ˜„

I love both gold and silver, but I think youโ€™re right, silver does get the shaft in most holiday collections! @veronika23

You know what would be next level? Marbled metal. Like gold and rose gold swirl, or something like that?!? Or even just a MARBLE TUBE!!! ULTRA LUXE LIFE!!! Or "tortoise shell?" Imagine something like the tube from the Color Splash lipsticks from Tarte ROTS but in a brown and amber mix instead of the blue. Wouldn't that be PRETTY?!?

TARTE - Color Splash Lipstick - Rainforest of the Seaโ„ข Collection

@sister13  silver seems to always take a back seat... you don't see it as often in palettes and I so wish there were more cool toned palettes with silvers, greys, etc. So tired of seeing browns. lol  I mean I like gold in makeup but not so much for everything else including packaging... Happy MAC's holiday packaging is silver this year but still I want to see more! ๐Ÿ˜„

The texture is everything. I had a video but couldn't post without uploading to a site to pull from. Probably post the rest of the content on my IG page, if you're interested. MWAH!

Thank you @JeffreyBD! Hopefully I can access your page! ๐Ÿ™‚

@heytherejeffreyhere

@KatieBT@ZombieMetroAntI'd love to hear your thoughts on these babies! Mwah, Miss you, Mean it!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • 9C3755D1-57CF-4C1C-B2DB-C3597533A342.jpeg
  • DORK.jpg
  • 7D5884B6-A318-4CE3-9677-5A885AFB81A5.jpeg
  • 9D6B0C01-5428-4D53-BA05-8CF9F0352FF9.jpeg
  • E35A2FE5-77CC-47F5-A446-88FD790A5B50.jpeg
  • 3A4C7D68-5D32-400A-B3D6-B6D5399201CF.png
testing