cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Fall Lip Challenge

Fall Lip Challenge Thread.jpg

Okay okay, so I know it isn't *technically* fall quite yet (we just had a heat wave in the Bay Area...) but we are just too excited to break out all of the mauves, browns and deep reds for this festive season! Whatever your take on a Fall lip is, we want to see your pics and hear your thoughts.

Here's the challenge: Dig into your lipstick stash and pull out those fall-themed lippies! Post below with your different looks and, of course, let us know what you're wearing. We love to hear application tips and your thoughts on the product.  

Can't wait to see what you're wearing. 

Re: tarteist lip paint in Homeslice. It is super Matte which...

@Dyleebarr,

This is a nice combo on you!  A contrast with the purples!  I like that!  🙂

Re: The Fall Lip Challenge

I decided to go all monochromatic today.  MAC Rhianna VIva Glam II.  I remember when I first got this and I thought it was the craziest and most risqué color in my collection.  Ha, how times have changed! E59FBDB7-B9FF-46D4-886D-DD3336E2BCA1.jpeg

RE: Re: The Fall Lip Challenge

Amazing hair! 😍

@heartsmyfaceYou always make any shade look amazing! : ) You really rock anything I ever see you in - i am in awe! 💕

It is crazy and risque', but it so works for you!  I love this whole look on you!  🙂

Whoa! I am loving your hair color, @heartsmyface. That lipstick looks perfect with it, too. 

Thank you!  It’s been a long time in the making:). It’ll be getting progressively more charcoal as I wash it:).  @lmi82

RE: The Fall Lip Challenge

Colourpop’s More Better! I love this shade, it reminds me of JSC Masochist. It is very very liquidy, and I held it a little too sideways and it dropped all over my clean white carpet, so be careful! It kind of stained my lips afterwards too, but the shade is so beautiful. It’s like the perfect Raspberry shade.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

LOVE LOVE LOVE

RE: The Fall Lip Challenge

Amazing 😍

Re: RE: The Fall Lip Challenge

@cindyvonlovelyOh wow this is stunning and I love what you've done with your eye makeup as well! So pretty!

@cindyvonlovely

This is beautiful!  I love this raspberry color on you!  🙂

Omg this is such a cute color that goes so perfect

Hi Guys - so - I really love the Sephora Collection Lip Tints - they are lighter than a liquid lipstick have a very pigmented but almost transparent formula and once they dry you don't feel like you have anything on your lips and boy do they stay put.  You can just apply one swipe for a natural look or two for more colour pigmentation but once you put them on and they dry they last and last and last and I think it's a really pretty look.  They really perform as well  if not better than any kind of designer stain (which is really what it is - a true lip stain) IMO.  Anyways, last night I went to the bathroom 6 hours after applying ONE coat of the colour "Ruby" and after eating and drinking and I was very pleased to see that it was still on my lips so I took a picture.  I should have taken a picture of what it looked like when I first put it on but I do have this picture of it immediately after application in the summer (the shine is the lower photo is because I applied Sephora Lip Ampliphier on top of the Lip Tint because it is normally matte).  Note: I would say that these are as drying as a liquid lipstick so that's the only caveat - I wouldn't recommend them for days when lips are very dry and chapped but otherwise I love them!

Sephora Lip tint in "Ruby" - 5 hours after initial application (one coat, no touchups)Sephora Lip tint in "Ruby" - 5 hours after initial application (one coat, no touchups)Summer 2017 - Ruby lip tint immediately after 2 coat application + Sephora lip amplifier gloss on topSummer 2017 - Ruby lip tint immediately after 2 coat application + Sephora lip amplifier gloss on top

@RoseCharlie,

You could sell these lip tints!  Sephora should pay you!  This is really pretty!  🙂

Hahahah @tsavorite thank you so much! I hope Sephora was paying attention when you said that! hahaha I kid, I kid.  lol.  I've always really liked lipstains - I've been wearing the Benefit beneting on my cheeks and lips forever - I think it must be at least 16 years, I remember when that was one of their only products! : ) Anyways, I always liked the sort of clear natural wash of stain colour and even though some stains look a bit more natural than others i always like how it looks when it wears off a bit.  When Dior came out with the Lip Tattoo stains it revived my interest in them and I ended up finding the Sephora lip tints and was psyched they came in a variety of colours : )

I’ve never tried the lip tints but I think I have been convinced to give them a go:). I love the fade down!  @RoseCharlie

@heartsmyfaceMe tooo! : ) I think I actually kind of like it even better once it fades a bit because with some colours it almost looks like you just naturally have very pink or red lips.  I read somewhere (don't know if this is true) that the sheer "stain" and water based lip tints are a big K-beauty trend... I know that you're not going to Korea but I would be so curious to know if they have more of these kinds of lip colours in Japan and/or Hong Kong! Well - I would be curious to know about what you see and find there in general I've never been and it looks so cool! I've read a few books about Japanese history so I've kind of pictured it in my head many times which I am sure is nothing compared to the real thing! : )

I'm all squeaky-clean for the night, but I had the urge to dress up my lips again! I have a hard time going nude. This shade is called "Bones," and I'm feeling it in mine!Black Moon Cosmetics Liquid Matte in "Bones"Black Moon Cosmetics Liquid Matte in "Bones"

20171023_232723.jpg

Good-night, everybody! Time for bed.Good-night, everybody! Time for bed.

@DeusExMascara,

Truly a nude lip!  Just right!  🙂

Hehehe, night time is the best time to play dress up.  There’s something very therapeutic about playing in color before going to bed. There are no expectations that things should be perfect and you get to just play around in your collection and enjoy yourself!  @DeusExMascara

8,129 Replies
testing