Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Hello BIC! Can you guys all believe October is almost coming to an end? We’re so excited it’s officially fall, which means it’s time of to bring out the browns, nudes, mauves, maroons, plums and all of our fall-color lippies.

It’s sad but true that we don’t have a typical “fall” season here in San Francisco but all of us are still embracing the new season, and that’s what counts!

On the heels of the 100 days of lipstick challenge and to get into the fall season, we are bringing back one of our favorite threads from last year, the Fall Lip Challenge! Let’s talk about all of your fall lipsticks, glosses, mattes, stained looks, liners and lipcare regiments. Use this thread to check in with others and post photos of your looks, products and swatches – whatever you want to share! Of course, we also want to know your thoughts, tips and honest reviews on all of the lip products you’re wearing or testing out this fall.

To get us started we took our first fall lip challenge photo @LexBT wearing Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Walk of Shame, @KatieBT is wearing Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Kristin, and I decided to start this challenge with one of my HG, Too Faced Melted Chocolate Lipstick in the shade Chocolate Honey.

1falllip.jpg2falllip.jpg

We cannot wait to see your fall lip looks!

In case you haven’t participated in a challenge before here’s an overview on how to join in on the fun:

1. Shop your stash! Many of us have cosmetics drawers full of lipstick so it’s a great chance to fall back in love with your faves
  2. Share your pictures! We love to see what you’re wearing so photos and swatches are encouraged
  3. Tips and technique wanted! We love photos but want to hear about how you applied, your lip care regimen, etc.
  4. Post as often as you’d like. You can post daily (highly encouraged) or pop in every week… Up to you!
  5. Have fun! We are here to celebrate lipstick after all.

If you're taking photos of your looks for the challenge, be sure to cross-post to the Gallery for a chance to win a fall beauty bundle worth over $500 USD. Details below in the spoiler!

Spoiler

Anonymous Insider

Re: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

I do this year-round for my eye cream, as I’m convinced the cool temperature helps deflate puffiness while also waking me up with a quick cooling rush. (Think about all those eye creams with metal ball roller tips—that’s why those exist!) When it gets hot out, I start to stow everything in the fridge. Nail polish, for example, doesn’t thicken as quickly if it’s kept cool. Face masks are even more relaxing when chilled. The gel creams I love don’t evaporate in my sweltering apartment. And during the summer, there’s literally nothing more refreshing than piling on a tub of a thick minty body lotion fresh out the fridge, especially after a great workout. Just because your neck and décolletage—you know, the fancy French term for the delicate area around your clavicle and above the breasts—aren’t technically on your face doesn’t mean they don’t need the same kind of TLC. In fact, dermatologists consider the face and neck as a part of one skin unit because your décolletage is susceptible to the same signs of skin damage. There are many products designed specifically for the area below the chin. Some of them advertise lifting and firming properties. (Though as someone with a 34D bra size, I can tell you I haven’t seen any of that kick in.)

RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Oops just realized this was a “fall” thread.. can’t figure out how to delete it on the app though.. Lise Watier Rouge Fondant Suprême in the shade “Kim” the perfect nude! I absolutely love the formula of this LW lipstick; I’d say it’s my favourite right now. Creamy, pigmented, and awesome staying power.

Gray lips for a cold winter day .Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Wolf Kat Von D liquid lipstick in WoolfKat Von D liquid lipstick in Woolf

Today I did a very  simple makeup look paired with a dark lip.  I used Kat Von D's lipstick in Hawkwind with Ophelia in the middle of my lips 👄IMG_3941.JPG

KAT VON D - Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick

You look so gorgeous @melissapurple22! Happy holidays 🙂

Thank you so much @DaneeBT Happy Holidays to you as well 💜🎄

Cross post from 100 day lippie challenge. Kylie Jenner Velvet liquid lipstick in Heat. I like the orange color but hate how it feels on my lips even with lip balm. Glad I got this with my points. At least the staying power is good. It just feels so crumbly but doesn't look crumbly on the lips, if that makes sense. The office lighting actually captured the true color of this 🙂20181218_081238.jpg

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color in Unveil. I love the feel of this and it doesnt crumble after eating. A quick swipe in the middle is all you need to touch up. 

How does this brown compare @RebeccaBT? You mentioned you were looking for some browns. After clove, I guess I am kinda obsessed with browns now, lol. Definitely prefer this one to Clove

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip ColorStunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Unveil

Unveil is gorgeous on you, @Buootiful!

Aww, thanks so much! @curlychiquita 🙂

Gorgeous @Buootiful ! I love that the Fenty Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color doesn't crumble!

@Buootiful I LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing it with me. Looks amazing on you! I am a sucker for a liquid lip, so I will be picking this up 🙂

Best,

Rebecca 

Thanks so much! @RebeccaBT I hope you like it as much as I do. I have a question. How is this in the nude family, lol? Brown should have its separate category 🙂

@Buootiful I could not agree more with. I question the same thing 🙂 Its a "deep nude" but its so pretty it needs its own category! 

Don’t be afraid of the dark shades! Wearing one of my favs today- Sephora #43 crimson crush<3 lip stain

Love it! Beautiful!

Love the color!!!

This looks amazing and matches with your hair color...

This looks amazing and matches with your hair color...

Re: RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

43 Crimson Crush looks amazing on you @ThatNurseAsia !!

RE: Re: RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Thanks @DaneeBT Sephora lip stains for the win
2 Replies
Photos147
  • 2falllip.jpg
  • 1falllip.jpg
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid pigment in Iced Out
  • fall lip 1.jpg
  • B1D2780A-B9CB-4741-A4BF-42433C4153F5.jpeg
  • F040F6B3-637D-491F-B105-40D3D1F2797C.jpeg
  • CAD9A3E9-2A55-4E4D-95EA-30A853DF474D.jpeg
  • C162B93F-CC1D-4A06-A82D-24CCB3FCBF6D.jpeg
  • 23BB6F9D-5050-4A5A-AF3C-B2A60D5DB041.jpeg