Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Hello BIC! Can you guys all believe October is almost coming to an end? We’re so excited it’s officially fall, which means it’s time of to bring out the browns, nudes, mauves, maroons, plums and all of our fall-color lippies.

It’s sad but true that we don’t have a typical “fall” season here in San Francisco but all of us are still embracing the new season, and that’s what counts!

On the heels of the 100 days of lipstick challenge and to get into the fall season, we are bringing back one of our favorite threads from last year, the Fall Lip Challenge! Let’s talk about all of your fall lipsticks, glosses, mattes, stained looks, liners and lipcare regiments. Use this thread to check in with others and post photos of your looks, products and swatches – whatever you want to share! Of course, we also want to know your thoughts, tips and honest reviews on all of the lip products you’re wearing or testing out this fall.

To get us started we took our first fall lip challenge photo @LexBT wearing Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Walk of Shame, @KatieBT is wearing Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Kristin, and I decided to start this challenge with one of my HG, Too Faced Melted Chocolate Lipstick in the shade Chocolate Honey.

1falllip.jpg2falllip.jpg

We cannot wait to see your fall lip looks!

In case you haven’t participated in a challenge before here’s an overview on how to join in on the fun:

1. Shop your stash! Many of us have cosmetics drawers full of lipstick so it’s a great chance to fall back in love with your faves
  2. Share your pictures! We love to see what you’re wearing so photos and swatches are encouraged
  3. Tips and technique wanted! We love photos but want to hear about how you applied, your lip care regimen, etc.
  4. Post as often as you’d like. You can post daily (highly encouraged) or pop in every week… Up to you!
  5. Have fun! We are here to celebrate lipstick after all.

If you're taking photos of your looks for the challenge, be sure to cross-post to the Gallery for a chance to win a fall beauty bundle worth over $500 USD. Details below in the spoiler!

Spoiler

Re: The Fall Lip Challenge!

Hmm, I don’t do seasonal lipstick colors so... some things I post in this thread will probably look more like whatever folks consider to be spring, summer, or winter shades. 😄 But I’ll still try to participate. Maybe this thread will give me a valid excuse to repeat some of my favorite shades from the 100 Days thread. (Looking at you, ColourPop Lux in Getty!) 

Here are the lipsticks I’ve worn since Tuesday (cross posting from 100 Days of Lipstick): 

73957834-FAF1-48F0-B8D9-52A1CE944BBB.jpeg

Clockwise from top left: 

- Too Faced Peach Kiss in Drunk Dial (keeping, despite the fake waxy fruit smaste effect) 

- Urban Decay Vice Comfort Matte in Bad Blood (a longtime favorite), lined with MUFE Artist Pencil in Full Red 

- Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 29 Dark Forest (decluttered: too drying and crumbly) 

- Dark Forest topped with MUFE Artist Plexi-Gloss in 502P Pearly Beetle (probably decluttering this gloss, but will test over a non-matte first) 

@WinglessOne I see you over there. Didn't know you had a whole wardrobe of dark greens! what's your favorite?

@kelllllyyyyy Heh, the one in that photo is really more of a blackened teal on me. I loooove dark teals, but it’s hard to find that shade in a good performing lipstick. MAC Young Attitude (another dark teal liquid matte) performs better than that Sephora one, but it’s not the most comfy liquid matte to wear. MUFE C603 (solid cream bullet) looks either dark blue or dark teal on me, depending on the lighting, and it’s one of my favorite lipsticks. And then there’s Bite Kale, which is a dark spruce/teal I’m in love with. 

I do have a true dark green lipstick but haven’t worn it for any BIC threads yet. (Note to self!) It’s a Fenty Mattemoiselle shade. 

I like your style @WinglessOne , wear what you want when you want right? 😄

Exactly, @Mcakes. 🙂 I have to restrict some of my clothing and all my outerwear on a seasonal basis for weather (where I live, we get all 4 seasons, often in extremes, and sometimes within a 48-72 hour timeframe). That’s plenty enough seasonal restriction for me without adding seasonal colors. 😄 My only real seasonal lipstick thing is finish: I don’t like to wear liquid mattes once temps drop below 32 F, only because my lips chap easily in windy winter weather and liquid mattes don’t help there. 

Obligatory disclaimer: I’m not saying seasonal lip/eye colors are a bad thing, and I understand various reasons why some folks adhere to them. I’m just not one of those folks. And hey, it’s always fun to see more people wear darker, richer lipstick shades, which are some of my favorites! 

Oh yeah, totally hear you on the liquid lips when it's super cold @WinglessOne! My lips already are dry enough as it is, no need to accentuate them when the weather is aggravating the chappy-ness 😄 Luckily this LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Originalhas been impressing me so far. We'll see how it goes as Winter comes, but so far so good!

45119297_2038348929562349_2445236971669291008_n.jpg

Fall is my favorite color palette!! I did this mostly matte with a pop of glitter monochromatic fall look with TF Sweet Peach, Becca Wild Honey, Fenty Diamond Bomb + 3ce #116 lipstick. I really love the powdery matte lip look right now which this lipstick is perfect for!

@sysysysysy  Love this!! I am obsessed with 3CE lipsticks! 

@unfungirl yesss they make the best colors + formulas! What's your favorite?

@sysysysysy I think the velvet lip tint is my fave, but I love the mood recipe matte lipstick too!! The do make the best colors!

This whole monochromatic look is beautiful on you @sysysysysy !

I love your shadow here too, @sysysysysy-especially the glittery inner lower lash line-perfect for fall!

what a lovely fall shade @sysysysysy ! That looks really pretty on you

Fall is my favorite season so I’m super excited to see all the fall looks!!

I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Lip Liner Gash in Wired. CAD9A3E9-2A55-4E4D-95EA-30A853DF474D.jpeg

Also this was my  Halloween look. This was my first time participating in any Halloween festivities ever!!! I went Trick-or-Treating with my baby boy. C162B93F-CC1D-4A06-A82D-24CCB3FCBF6D.jpeg

Spoiler

@katkapivarci, I love your Halloween look!  Also, your son is adorable!

Love both of these looks @katkapivarci ! Hope you had a great Halloween 😄

your halloween look was so cool @katkapivarci !

@Kim888 Thank you!! I had so much fun creating it.

awww @katkapivarci how sweet!

awww @katkapivarci how sweet!

Re: awww @katkapivarci how sweet!

@lmaster Thank you😊

Your makeup is awesome and your son is sooo cute 🙂 @katkapivarci His shirt, love the tennis balls stuck on, lol.

6 Replies
Photos147
  • 2falllip.jpg
  • 1falllip.jpg
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid pigment in Iced Out
  • fall lip 1.jpg
  • B1D2780A-B9CB-4741-A4BF-42433C4153F5.jpeg
  • F040F6B3-637D-491F-B105-40D3D1F2797C.jpeg
  • CAD9A3E9-2A55-4E4D-95EA-30A853DF474D.jpeg
  • C162B93F-CC1D-4A06-A82D-24CCB3FCBF6D.jpeg
  • 23BB6F9D-5050-4A5A-AF3C-B2A60D5DB041.jpeg
  • 45119297_2038348929562349_2445236971669291008_n.jpg