Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

๐Ÿ’„ National Lipstick Day 2021 ๐Ÿ’„ Gratis Thread

Mark your calendars BICers, July 29th is a beloved beauty holiday - itโ€™s National Lipstick Day! Sephora is helping us celebrate by sending gratis some Community members, and we canโ€™t wait for you to show us what that is right here in this thread.

Thank you @TeamBIC for this generous gift Heart 

Looking to amp up the festivities? Be sure to check out the National Lipstick Day Sweepstakes for your 1 of 15 chance of winning a $200 Sephora e-Gift card:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/National-Lipstick-Day-Sweepstakes-Enter-to-Win-One-of-Fi...

Excited to see yโ€™all sport your favorite lippies xoxo

In the meantime, what do you think it will be?

nationallipstickday.jpg

Re: ๐Ÿ’„ National Lipstick Day 2021 ๐Ÿ’„ Gratis Thread

Yay! So glad you're enjoying your goodies @tjffc Heart 

@tjffc  I agree with your opinion of the lip mask; it's my first (and I'd be happy if it was my only) one.

Some updates! 
Fenty Lip Paint Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s just me, I own one and donโ€™t recall this being an issue, the scent is off and I canโ€™t get the formula to dry down. It wants to stay wet, which makes for a very messy lip look ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Charolette Tilbury Pillow Talk I really like the shape of the lip stick and the formula. The ease of application is great! I *think* i got a light whiff of honey or vanilla but it didnโ€™t linger. This particular shade just isnโ€™t for me, Iโ€™m very interested in discovering other shades though! 

Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask love the formula, it feels very Lux, like most things Tatcha do. I would get more use out of it if it were in a squeeze tube vs. tiny jar. Iโ€™m a busy gal, the extra step of undoing the lid, getting the applicator stick, scooping it and applying sounds like a lot of work ๐Ÿคช

Sephora Collection ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐ŸคLove, like always. One swipe gives full coverage. Full day swear and no transfer. Did I detect a new scent though? 

will update further once Iโ€™ve tried the rest! 

That's so odd about the Fenty! Especially since you have another one to compare it to. 

@GG84 So glad the shipping was sorted out โค๏ธ Thanks for your reviews! Definitely smelled vanilla with the CT.

@TeamBIC Thank you so much for my lovely and generous gift celebrating National Lipstick Day!  I finally got my package.   Thank you for following up with me. In the package I received treats from Bite Beauty, Charlotte Tilbury, Fenty Beauty, Sephora, Tatcha, And Yves Saint Laurent. I canโ€™t wait to swatch and try them out.   Thank you again.  

086EAB8D-681A-4F67-9FB8-88B3CAF98017.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Congratulations, @tjffc !  What a way to celebrate National Lipstick Day!

Congratulations on getting this amazing gratis @tjffc Heart !

@tjffc, yaaay! Congrats on receiving this gratis. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the lippies.

Congratulations @tjffc ! Enjoy your gratis! ๐Ÿ’„

@tjffcCongratulations!!

Congrats on the gratis, @tjffc!

Woohoo, so happy we were able to get this gratis to you safely @tjffc โค๏ธ Thank YOU for your patience! Enjoy, and happy belated National Lipstick Day! 

Yaaaaaaay!!! Congratulations!! @tjffc 

@tjffc I'm so glad it came! Congratulations!

@tjffc Yay glad you got your gratis box

Congrats, @tjffc!! ๐Ÿฅณ 

Thought I'd share some updates now that I've used these lippies a little longer. I realized I forgot to comment on scent!! So here are my notes on how each product smells, listed in order of strongest to lightest with some additional impressions.

• The YSL has a sweet, fruity scent that lingers. I'd say it's even stronger than the Rouge Voluptรฉs in the silver cases? I've read some people describe YSL lipsticks as powdery. I personally do not detect any powder at all. As a side note, I've really been loving the colour and formula โค๏ธ Because it's more sheer than my Besamรฉ, I can wear it more casually with a single coat. This is really great to have on hand for a quick swipe before a Zoom meeting. You can get use it for softer red lip look to give you the drama of a red without having to work to be super precise with a liner and brush.
  • The Sephora lip stain smells pleasant, like sweet cupcake batter. Unlike the YSL, it dissipates very quickly as the formula dries and becomes more matte. This is surprizingly opaque wearing and you don't need much product to build up opacity. Best of all, it doesn't settle a lot into lines which some lighter shades can do. Great in-house product with a formula much more like the Fenty lip paint than a stain. It definitely didn't stain my lips but maybe a darker formula would have that effect?
  • The BITE scrub smells sweet and like sugar, as you might imagine, but it's not saccharine at all. More like syrup.
  • The CT is growing on me. The scent is very light, a bit vanilla-sweet and is not noticeable to me when I apply it. It looks especially good paired with cool toned grey clothing. The unique bullet shape is really amazing for precise application. It really hugs the lips and because it's narrowed on the sides, you have more control. I might pick up a warmer nude or red from this line.
  • The Fenty lip paint is actually aptly named because it has a slight chemical scent, not exactly like paint, but definitely something more industrial than cosmetic. Like the CT, it's not noticeable upon application.
  • The Tatcha lip mask, despite being described as peach, seems to describe the colour more than the scent. Out of all the products, it is the one I can smell the least, such that I would not describe it as having one.

Thank you for these scent desriptions! The Bite scrub smelled like a votive candle. Very pleasant smell๐Ÿ’— @pocketvenus 

@Buootiful You're most welcome <333

@pocketvenus ,

I really enjoyed your reviews!

Conversation Stats
Photos116
  • nationallipstickday.jpg
  • 0EE532FD-9A0A-4776-8495-2C30A6DC673A.jpeg
  • YSL-Insurgent Red, Fenty-Underdawg, Sephora Collection-Candy Love, Charlotte Tilbury-Pillowtalk
  • IMG_20210723_162057459.jpg
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • PXL_20210724_182024722.jpg
  • 56B55EFD-82B8-493A-8B7D-A1495550E550.jpeg
  • B24EB202-E212-4DBB-A695-BF2435CE81CE.jpeg
  • 179C6019-6C36-486A-91D9-2FA045E49AC3.jpeg
  • B41830EB-6368-43FF-B2B4-66B052309A70.jpeg
  • The cutest box!
  • inside box.jpg
  • Neglected lips
  • Pampered lips after the Agave scrub