Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

๐Ÿ’„ National Lipstick Day 2021 ๐Ÿ’„ Gratis Thread

Mark your calendars BICers, July 29th is a beloved beauty holiday - itโ€™s National Lipstick Day! Sephora is helping us celebrate by sending gratis some Community members, and we canโ€™t wait for you to show us what that is right here in this thread.

Thank you @TeamBIC for this generous gift Heart 

Looking to amp up the festivities? Be sure to check out the National Lipstick Day Sweepstakes for your 1 of 15 chance of winning a $200 Sephora e-Gift card:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/National-Lipstick-Day-Sweepstakes-Enter-to-Win-One-of-Fi...

Excited to see yโ€™all sport your favorite lippies xoxo

In the meantime, what do you think it will be?

nationallipstickday.jpg

Re: ๐Ÿ’„ National Lipstick Day 2021 ๐Ÿ’„ Gratis Thread

@WinglessOne Congratulations!  What wonderful treats and I love the shade you are wearing.  

What a great red @WinglessOne! ๐Ÿ˜Congratulations on the gratis! 

That shade looks gorgeous on you!! Congratulations ๐ŸŽŠ @WinglessOne 

Congrats @WinglessOne I still canโ€™t believe how generous the team BIC has been with this.

Congratulations @WinglessOne! That shade looks beautiful on you!โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’„

@WinglessOne Congrats on this gratis!  That red is gorgeous on you! ๐Ÿ˜

@WinglessOne Congratulations! Insurgent red looks great on you.

Thank you @blackkitty2014 !

The Insurgent Red is a great shade for you, @WinglessOne! Alsoโ€ฆthe Bite looks huge! Might take a good year to get through that lip scrub. Congrats, what a perfect gratis for you๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Thanks @eshoe ! I thought the same thing about the Bite scrub. Since I use lip scrubs only once or twice a month, I'll probably have this jar for a good 2 years. ๐Ÿคฃ

Thatโ€™s a good bet, @WinglessOne. Reminds me I need to mark some of my products to see how long they take to finishโ€ฆ

@TeamBIC   I don't know how you manage, with each and every gratis gifting, to time these so well to be an extra special treat!  And, once again, introduce me at least, to some new items that I end up loving! Thank you so, so very much!

The cutest box!The cutest box!inside box.jpg

I have to say, I was a little nervous trying out some of these shades, but all of them can work well for me!

My husband tried to kiss me while I was trying all of these lovelies on, but I declined.  I mean, I have priorities...there were pictures to be taken!  ๐Ÿ˜‚

I LOVE the scent of the Bite Beauty Agave+ Weekly Vegan Lip Scrub 0.7 oz/ 20 g .  It's a true vanilla.  It did take my lips from blah to having a little more natural color before sampling the gratis.  It wasn't too rough, and helped to moisturize my lips. 

Neglected lipsNeglected lipsPampered lips after the Agave scrubPampered lips after the Agave scrub

Next up, the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original . There is hardly any scent at all, which is fine by me.  This must be really effective, because it kept my lips from getting damaged from all of the playing I did.  Plus, it leaves a pretty shine

Tatcha lip maskTatcha lip mask

I left the mask on while I tried the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick in Candy Love.  I usually wear a balm or gloss beneath a liquid lipstick.  In order to make this work well with my skin tone, I lightly applied Candy Love and spread it with my finger.  For me, it would be too much applying it full strength, but this way it ends up being a pink that I really enjoy.

candy love.jpg

Now, for Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talk .  I have never been able to wear this well because it turns either brown or gray on me, so I thought I'd try it on top of Candy Love to have more of a pink base to help it along.  It worked!  Definitely recommend this trick if you have Pillow Talk and want that pinkish nude, but it doesn't work with your own lip color. 

candy love with pillow talk.jpg

Pillow Talk by itself. 

It's actually pretty good this time.

pilow talk alone.jpg

#Yves St Laurent The Slim Glow Lipstick- I can actually wear this red!  I never would have looked twice at this, but I like it.  And although it has a scent, it's not as strong as Givenchy's lovely lipsticks, so it doesn't bother me.  Be careful applying this- it needs to be twisted up quite a bit otherwise the sharp corners of the tube can hurt your lips.

Insurgent Red full strengthInsurgent Red full strengthInsurgent Red over the Tatch lip mask- very wearableInsurgent Red over the Tatch lip mask- very wearable

Finally, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color in Underdawg. I have none of these liquid lipsticks, and on my own I would have been afraid to try this one.  But applying it on top of the Tatcha lip mask brought out the cooler wine/berry tones, and I love it!

underdawg full strength.jpg

All of these shades are a little more vibrant in real life than on here; this is just how my pictures turned out.  But the shades are pretty accurate.

Thank you again  #TeamBIC!  This is such a generous treat!

Congrats, @Ispend2much6!! ๐ŸŽ‰ These look great on you!!

"Tried and true, and something new" is the motto over here ๐Ÿ˜‰ @Ispend2much6 

Congrats @Ispend2much6! Sounds like you got your priorities straight! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Great lip swatches! Looks like the Bite was effective! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85   I guess so. lol  When is the Sephora Ntl Lipstick Day sale starting????

@Ispend2much6 Congrats! Nice how the mixed colours turned out ๐Ÿ™‚

@pocketvenus  Thank you!  It's always fun to take the time to play around.

Congrats @Ispend2much6 , pretty pics and great info too! 

@Sunnysmom  Thanks!!  Waiting to see yours, not to nag or anything...๐Ÿ˜

You wonโ€™t be waiting long @Ispend2much6 . ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

45 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos116
  • nationallipstickday.jpg
  • 0EE532FD-9A0A-4776-8495-2C30A6DC673A.jpeg
  • YSL-Insurgent Red, Fenty-Underdawg, Sephora Collection-Candy Love, Charlotte Tilbury-Pillowtalk
  • IMG_20210723_162057459.jpg
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • PXL_20210724_182024722.jpg
  • 56B55EFD-82B8-493A-8B7D-A1495550E550.jpeg
  • B24EB202-E212-4DBB-A695-BF2435CE81CE.jpeg
  • 179C6019-6C36-486A-91D9-2FA045E49AC3.jpeg
  • B41830EB-6368-43FF-B2B4-66B052309A70.jpeg
  • The cutest box!
  • inside box.jpg
  • Neglected lips
  • Pampered lips after the Agave scrub