cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

These are very helpful! Thanks, @Mochapj

You’re the best @Mochapj , so helpful! 🥰

The more I look at swatches, the more confused I get.  I thought Meet Me in Berlin, Rosy Shell, and maybe Palazzo.  I did just buy four lip glosses and four lipsticks from Smith and Cult (site is 70% off) for $39.  It's hard for me to look at these now, although I know they are luxurious.

I always feel this way with her new releases @Ispend2much6 ! Colors look so very different all of the time so I go back and forth comparing them. Then of course she finally releases tons of pics once we’ve all ordered them lol, which makes sense for her but also wouldn’t it kind of help prevent returns too? 🤷🏻‍♀️I’ve never returned any of mine with her but still. I’ve not had any break either thankfully. A few other brands like PM but not LE. 

@aviscardi @Winthrop44 @WinglessOne 

that happened to me , all of the swatches after the fact. i didn't know she accepted returns? well so far ive liked everything ive purchased but this was the first time i hesitated because the swatches took so long

@Ispend2much6  i was a bit disappointed to see how late they shared swatches and then had me questioning my picks lol, they seemed to be more focused on the pop up. I posted on my stories the day before and her team msgd me that she would have my comparison mentioned to the team and lots of swatches to come ;/

anyway at last minute i added le mepris based on seeing a comparison to kitten mischief same depth. But then in later swatches it looks lighter lol. I know Lisa looks to have less pigmented lips than myself so I’m hoping that works in my favor. 

Spoiler
PS - anyone see Lexi Jong videos about not purchasing anymore Le due to breakage ? I know this was mostly velvets maybe saturated formula too?, i have 6 velvets myself and just went through all including my 2 Lucents and thankfully all are ok. I know this is also due to weather and shipping and why i don’t like buying lipsticks in warm weather. But I’m also super adamant about letting lipsticks cool when they’re arrive before opening the tubes (or popping in the fridge), the temperature of my office where i store my makeup and how much bullet (lipstick in general) i roll up to apply. Just curious if anyone has this happen too. 

@aviscardi, glad to see Lisa get back to you about comparison swatches.  I also saw Lexi Jong's video and wanted to add that I have not experienced any breakage of my LE lipsticks in any formula. I don't take any specific care with them. I store them upright in a lipstick holder in their boxes so I can see the shade names (and seeing them reminds to me wear them). 🙂

@aviscardi   That was so nice of LE's team to respond to you!  And yes, I agree this is a bad time to order lipsticks.  I keep forgetting the summer golden rule- do not order lipstick or chocolate!

@aviscardi I heard about the Velvets breaking issue a couple of years ago but not more recently until Lexi’s video, so I assumed it had been fixed. I’ve never had one break myself, and I’m not careful with storage at all. My lipsticks are stored on their sides in loosely organized containers inside bathroom drawers!  Maybe it’s just me, but considering she also said she doesn’t feel Lisa’s colors are all that anymore, etc., I felt like she had more of an agenda. It wasn’t a “watch out for this potential problem”, but more of a “don’t buy this brand” kind of video, posted right when Lisa was launching a new collection and pushing other brands. Perhaps she’s unhappy that she doesn’t get PR from Lisa, is looking for PR from the alternative brands she pushed, or is just overall attention seeking in a sea of YouTubers?  I dunno.

I agree about all the "swatches coming soon" posts on Lisa's IG when they still haven't materialized for the most part being frustrating. They really did seem to be more about the pop up. Then I think about the fact that she provides detailed color descriptions, a video wearing all shades herself, and pictures of each shade on models with different skintones, and wonder why I'm complaining. I still really, really want those swatch comparisons too though! lol

Yes. I get it and she does more than most with her launches. I guess because her images are retouched like everyone else i just appreciate the real swatches and found it weird for her CS to reach out and say lots of swatches coming soon. Comparisons are especially helpful too as her line grows. I saw a lot of comments on her IG post asking and they kept saying the same thing -  coming soon 

does Lisa even send PR? I thought it was kinda like vievemuse or at least i haven’t seen it sent out. I found it interesting comparing to givenchy when the bullets are scented. I’m not personally into super luxe brands so that doesn’t really appeal to me, so maybe that’s why i find the velvets unique.. I also find it odd to make a specific video about it. There’s nothing wrong with talking about her personal qualms with it and i did see a few people comment in her video. But there were also a few that didn’t have any issues. 

@aviscardi Yes, why do they keep saying soon? lol Lisa does send out PR. I’ve seen some UK YouTubers thank her, but of the people in the US that I watch regularly the one who comes to mind is Michele Wang. She thanked Lisa and her team for sending her a bunch of the Fall 2021 shades at the start of her review of them, and said she had been planning on buying them herself.

Ah ok! Yes actually now that you say that I think I did see that as well and probably the few early postings that you would end up seeing on her Instagram that she repost. At least it seems to be few and far between so it’s more selective then mainstream brands. 
the swatch thing was just bizarre. I know for myself I just happened to post a story about it and tag them not anything specific about the shades just that I was wondering if these compare etc. 

@aviscardi Just in case you haven’t looked lately Lisa is posting lots of comparison swatches to her IG stories now and also asking for requests.

@aviscardi  Thinking about the only times I've had a bullet lipstick (by any brand, since 1990) break on me... The time I accidentally knocked a MatteTrance onto a tile floor from one of my bathroom countertop drawer stacks, and the casing cracked 😞 ... The time a new NARS lipstick arrived twisted up too far, so the tip had smashed into the cap; I did a little surgery to reform a slanted tip (that was the reissue of NARS Lipstick shade Funny Face in red casing)... And I did have another bullet break right at the base of the packaging, but I don't recall the brand or how/when that happened; it wasn't a Lisa Eldridge lipstick (or PMG, or NARS, and now I'll drive myself nuts trying to remember which brand it was). [ EDIT: I remember! It was a ColourPop Lux bullet, shade JV. It arrived broken at the base, so the bullet was leaning against the casing interior. ] Those are the only times I remember. 

None of my Lisa Eldridge True Velvet or Luxuriously Lucent lipsticks are broken. 🤷‍♀️ Not even my LE lip liners have suffered broken tips. 

My entire lipstick hoard survived several years of bathroom counter storage without issue. Then again, I don't take hot showers, so that bathroom rarely gets steamy warm. This year I finally moved them (and lots of other makeup) out to my bedroom, and they're all still fine—even the Bite ABs, surprisingly. I never put newly arrived lipsticks in the fridge, though that's not a bad idea when they've shipped during a heat wave. 

Ha. Yea i really have to scratch my head. I know the gxve brand arrived with the bullet completely loose but other than that i can only recall bullets leaning due to shipment. If it’s not the summer with the ac (or really you can do this anyway) you can pop into the fridge or if you live in a hot climate. But really i just got a Sephora pkg that was barely outside and the box was super hot so i can only imagine the tracking it takes in trucks etc   
i just moved recently and i didn’t even think to check my lipsticks. I put them in my office with the AC but occasionally it gets a little hot in there because i need a blind lol but I’m thankful mine are in tact. 

@Ispend2much6  Heh, I was at S&C earlier, buying more nail polish 😂 (who am I to resist another 70% sale). I passed on all the available lip shades though. I do have a S&C lipstick, but it's a sparkly "unconventional" shade they no longer have, so the finish and feel are likely different from their current lineup. I hope you enjoy your new lipsticks! Good way to avoid buying a more expensive product, for sure! 

@WinglessOne  Buying more polish was the right thing to do! 😉  I don't wear nail polish and I considered buying one just because the bottles are gorgeous!  But then, that would be another item to dust.

You know, my nails do not grow because they split and shred at the tips.  Do you think regular nail polish use would help that?  I think it may be because time is marching on, and pushing me along with it...

@Ispend2much6  I started posting in the Show Me Your Nails 2.0 thread this year specifically to help me reach my 2022 goal of healthier nails and the skin around them. My nails used to split and shred a lot, too. What's helped me the most: 

1. Nail oil at least twice a day  - I use e.l.f. All The Feels facial oil on my nail beds, fingertips, and rest of my hands daily: after my first handwashing of the day and right before bed. I'm still trying to get into the habit of oiling my nails and fingertips each time they get wet. During manicures, I often use CMD RescueRxx nail oil; that one's fragranced to smell kinda like almond extract. After using any oil, I top it with a hand cream. If you apply oil before you coat your nails with a base coat: let the oil sit on your nails for at least 10 minutes, then wipe each nail clean with nail polish remover to get the oil off the nail surface. Then apply base coat. 
  2. Keep nails covered with something at all times - this can even just be base coat, with no polish or top coat. Doesn't have to be a "nail strengthener" base coat, either. The goal is to always keep a protective coat of something on my nails. A 2-in-1 base/top coat can work for this; that's really the only thing they're good for. 😄 
  3. Reduce water exposure - this one's hard for me, but water does contribute to nail splitting. I'm not comfortable wearing gloves to rinse or handwash dishes, especially glassware or knives; I never feel I have a good enough grip on the glass/knife. But I do wear gloves when cleaning surfaces so I won't have to rinse or wash my hands afterward. I won't go as far as wearing vinyl or latex gloves when washing my hair, but some folks do. 
  4. Ditch nail clippers - they make shortening nails and removing splits quick and easy, but they can cause more in the process. 
  5. Glass/crystal nail file (with etched grit) - the grit's usually fine enough to not cause lots of shredding, yet quite effective for shortening and/or shaping nails. 
  6. Don't buff the nail bed - by that, I mean buffing enough to make nails shiny. Buffing the surface of your nails can thin them out. You don't wanna lose layers of nail, especially on nails that are already prone to splitting. 

Other folks will advise good habits like not using nails as tools. I'm not very gentle on my nails, though: in addition to piano and frequent typing, I still sometimes use my nails to open cosmetic product boxes, pick at the super obnoxious shrink-wrap that coats some eye and lip liners (I hate that stuff so much)—and I really need to stop doing that. But yeah, try to reduce picking at various things with your nails. 

@WinglessOne  Those are excellent ideas; thank you!  Oils seem to be the "duct tape" of the beauty world, at least for me. 

Didn't even think about typing, but I can see how that stresses nails.  Less computer for me would be a good thing anyway.

I think this might be the surprise. Looks like there are 6 more shades of the liquid shadow being previewed at her pop up

5EDC75EF-94FB-4D5B-9752-811D7D8A37E3.png

Oh fun @Mochapj , she hinted or maybe said new shades coming. Did you try any, can’t recall.  I did not. Her pop up shop lip carousel looks darling. 

Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png
testing