cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@TraceyEB   SS does!  And, it does make her lips look like she ate strawberries!

ahahah the 2 i was unsure about i ended up ordering, and then it was probably a full day or so later when the swatches started to trickle in. I was curious about the brightness of strawberry shock vs dragon

@aviscardi  So what do you think?  Are you glad you ordered?

So far very happy with the shades. I wore meet me in berlin on Sat (perfect 90s vibe) & Le mepris on Sunday, light as i expected but worn with a lip liner was a nice barely there color. i think i paired it with vieve brat lip liner. I figure i will wear them all 1x but meet me in berlin and night thoughts will probably sit on the sidelines til fall lol.

@aviscardi  Those shades definitely give off autumn vibes.  I like that they're subdued in spite of their depth.

I guess il find out when the order arrives lol

@Ispend2much6 Ruh roh. 😂

Speaking about Lisa Eldridge lipsticks, sharing that I store mine in an iDesign x Sarah Tanno lipstick holder purchased on Amazon (on sale now for $9.40 USD). The component is designed to stack on top of Sarah Tanno's makeup organizers. It shows that the pieces are thoughtfully designed by a makeup artist as they're useful in how one might reach for and store makeup while pleasing to look at. (The clear organizers help me see what I have).

PXL_20220708_191854136.jpgPXL_20220708_191944012.jpg

That looks great, @TraceyEB

I come for the organizer @TraceyEB (and of course admiring your LE collection 😍) I need liked 10 of this 🥹😱 (hang my head in shame)

@blackkitty2014, I share that same boat with you! The majority of my lipsticks are nestled away in drawers in short organizers so as not to draw attention to "how many." 😂

More comparisons

75983AF3-5940-462B-80DB-5D8C1B4A1F88.jpeg

2A421C38-3586-4B80-86F5-0FD36E3954A1.jpeg

8D2DDEE2-E1BA-404F-AE1A-FB4681EE69BB.jpeg

7C8AB9A5-9140-41CE-B940-7982E7BFE5B4.jpeg

@Mochapj Thanks! Sadly I now have some regrets 😞 I wish these were available when I ordered.

These are very helpful! Thanks, @Mochapj

You’re the best @Mochapj , so helpful! 🥰

The more I look at swatches, the more confused I get.  I thought Meet Me in Berlin, Rosy Shell, and maybe Palazzo.  I did just buy four lip glosses and four lipsticks from Smith and Cult (site is 70% off) for $39.  It's hard for me to look at these now, although I know they are luxurious.

I always feel this way with her new releases @Ispend2much6 ! Colors look so very different all of the time so I go back and forth comparing them. Then of course she finally releases tons of pics once we’ve all ordered them lol, which makes sense for her but also wouldn’t it kind of help prevent returns too? 🤷🏻‍♀️I’ve never returned any of mine with her but still. I’ve not had any break either thankfully. A few other brands like PM but not LE. 

@aviscardi @Winthrop44 @WinglessOne 

that happened to me , all of the swatches after the fact. i didn't know she accepted returns? well so far ive liked everything ive purchased but this was the first time i hesitated because the swatches took so long

@Ispend2much6  i was a bit disappointed to see how late they shared swatches and then had me questioning my picks lol, they seemed to be more focused on the pop up. I posted on my stories the day before and her team msgd me that she would have my comparison mentioned to the team and lots of swatches to come ;/

anyway at last minute i added le mepris based on seeing a comparison to kitten mischief same depth. But then in later swatches it looks lighter lol. I know Lisa looks to have less pigmented lips than myself so I’m hoping that works in my favor. 

Spoiler
PS - anyone see Lexi Jong videos about not purchasing anymore Le due to breakage ? I know this was mostly velvets maybe saturated formula too?, i have 6 velvets myself and just went through all including my 2 Lucents and thankfully all are ok. I know this is also due to weather and shipping and why i don’t like buying lipsticks in warm weather. But I’m also super adamant about letting lipsticks cool when they’re arrive before opening the tubes (or popping in the fridge), the temperature of my office where i store my makeup and how much bullet (lipstick in general) i roll up to apply. Just curious if anyone has this happen too. 

@aviscardi, glad to see Lisa get back to you about comparison swatches.  I also saw Lexi Jong's video and wanted to add that I have not experienced any breakage of my LE lipsticks in any formula. I don't take any specific care with them. I store them upright in a lipstick holder in their boxes so I can see the shade names (and seeing them reminds to me wear them). 🙂

@aviscardi   That was so nice of LE's team to respond to you!  And yes, I agree this is a bad time to order lipsticks.  I keep forgetting the summer golden rule- do not order lipstick or chocolate!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos187
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png