cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

It’s happening !!! the Lisa Eldridge foundation is launching this Saturday on her website at 4pm UK time.  I guess I’ll be going with my initial shade pick from the first set ha ha

The new lurex shadows @Mochapj shows below are available tomorrow Dec 3 at 4pm UK time for anyone interested! 

@Sunnysmom thanks! Definitely debating. Does anyone know if these set down and are budge proof?

@ChristalM  According to Lisa’s new video about the liquid shadows, they do set to a budge proof finish. I might try getting 1 or 2 shades tomorrow. 

@WinglessOne  oh thanks! I have my eye on three but I really should be shopping for others at this point! Lol

More lisa newness coming soon, liquid lurex eyeshadow 

EB482BD9-CAF3-4AB6-8BDE-A62C8A8E5920.png

Thank you for these pics @Mochapj ...  That taupe color looks so beautiful...  I have a soft spot for Lisa Eldridge... This lady just can't go wrong, in my opinion...  Everything she does is so well thought out and so timelessly classic...

@Mochapj  I thought my wallet was safe- guess not!  Thanks for sharing- these look lovely.

Haha. I’m glad for once my wallet is safe. Thankfully I’m not an eyeshadow person def not shimmery shades. 

@aviscardi  Good thing we all get a break from temptation at one time or another. 🙂  I'm at the point (age) that I need a little shimmer to add some light to my eye area to make it look less sunken. Or something.

Finally got to swatching and put some pics up on my ig if anyone’s interested (anne.visca). Interestingly enough cinnabar does pull more red swatched but on my lips paired with affair liner it was as expected a rusty red brown. I absolutely loved it when i wore it Sat. After i think 4 hours i put blush gloss over it. I can’t wait to wear intrigue on the weekend. 

OK against my better judgment of course i tried the fdn samp lol. Um its LE what was i thinking, testing shade 4 today (light/ peach undertones) so thought i would throw up some swatches of the other 3 foundations in my collection. Really don't 'need' another as these already last me forever but alas here we are. Lets hope this doesn't launch for a while ha

Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Liquid Foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen  - N032 light beige w/ neutral undertones leaning yellow. this is what ive considered to be my standing fave, medium cvg middle of the road, soft matte lasts very well. minimal creasing after even 10 hours. also probably the best match ive found
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 2C3 Fresco - 1N1 neutral to peach undertones
what i consider bullet proof when i don't want to think about looking after i apply. my lightest match when ive got a bit of color on my body in the warmer mons, but bronzes up fine (also is a great mixer if thats your thing)
LAWLESS Conseal The Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation Amber  - Seashell golden-neutral undertones newest in my collection, excellent long wear. lighter more watery ver of DW ^ . looks more 'natural' on

* found the price posted on Ig from her Uk store launch. £44 so approx $60usd / $74cad

6F7C8E6A-112C-4BB3-A8AE-8DD0327FCC91.jpg

@aviscardi  What did you think of the LE?  It looks to be a lighter foundation than the ELDW, which I would like.  I developed an allergy to the BB one this summer (can you believe it?)  Which means, I'll probably go for Lisa's if the match is good. That's my excuse anyway. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 omgosh no way !? How. Did you only wear BB? Aside from testing a new foundation i don’t usually wear the same foundation back to back. I know some can be allergic to the sunscreens. I have a little bit left in mine, they last eons now lol. If i end up buying LE (which is probable, yes i lied to myself before ha) I’ll have to give it a few months before i open a new BB. Depending when LE launches (hoping Jan for my wallets sake)

ok adding my first impressions here , also adding @Sunnysmom 

Spoiler
tested for 9 hrs yesterday and it wore very well. It’s more matte than i thought or at least not satin to me the way she described, maybe based on how much you use or hard to tell from a pod samp and the weather changing along with fall allergies and sinuses.  🤷🏻‍♀️ Based on my swatches and applying hub also thought it was a good match.  I had very little creasing in the usual areas around nose and chin. I wore my usual powers LM under eyes center of face and light dusting of HG veil. Set with Mac spray and locked in with CT. 

Tried the last bit today but not quite enough left so the coverage isn’t the same lol. I wouldn’t think you could get more than a solid medium but I’m good with that. The coverage reminds me of BB very middle of the road. ELDW & Lawless are more coverage , lawless is closer to EL IMO but is thinner and watery much lighter on, LE is right in the middle still light. And BB is a gel cream consistency. Also i apply with a beauty blender so if you’re a brush person you might yield better cvg. Today i also put a serum under because i felt a bit dry. I used the farmacy honeymoon glow the night before and it tends to make me dryer. 

I’ve tried the foundation samples for a few days now as well @aviscardi . It is an interesting feel isn’t it. I don’t wear foundation at all so I was curious how this would feel to me. Agree that it is more matte which I don’t love because I am on dry side but it also looks like a pretty blur and makes my skin looks really good!  And feels super light. Trying to get shade correct and also adding more dewy, shimmer moisturizer to see how that helps. But I do think it’s a nice new option! I think light to medium coverage. Not sure I would buy it but if I ever do wear foundation this would maybe be it. Curious to know what others think of it also. @Ispend2much6 

So after thinking it was more matte than i thought i read up on her ingredients and she has filmexel listed as ‘skin tightening’. I wonder if that’s what was similar in her highlighter.  In any case i think a serum and maybe some extra moisturizer in the dryer areas would be useful. I usually have to do it when i wear ELDW in the winter anyway. I think if you’re not a foundation wearer and hydrate well this could be a good lightweight option. It gets me because i love base products even with less makeup wear makes me sad lol. 

@aviscardi  Thanks- it really sounds promising!

I don't usually wear foundation, only for "special occasions."  I have no idea what it was that affected me, but I also had a reaction to Saie's tinted sunscreen, which has all natural ingredients. 

Always drooling when the swatches start to roll in. My order just arrived so I’m hoping to get swatches up on my IG by the weekend. Inside lighting is never enough so will see

anyway i watched the lipstick gal on Yt and petal & blush lightly looked so pretty! She’s a bit fairer than me i think but I don’t know!? They’re still in stock lol. Do i use this as an excuse to get another fdn sample lol. @Sunnysmom i am not a pink person at all ugh 

Me too @aviscardi . So good to see on different skin tones. Oh yay excited for you. Mine came also! Not sure anyone interested in lip pencils but if so I’ll swatch em. I’m having fomo over Cinnabar but imagine too warm. 😕 Petal and Blush lightly look good on so many tho not me either at all. (Has to be a deep pink or pinky red lol. Regular Blush is as light as I can go! )

Ha actually i was saying i held off on buying other liners and lipsticks for f&f & now vib sale in lieu of these. So skipping the melt & Mario launches. CT cat walking was the only lipstick i purchased as of late.. 
cinnabar was pretty bold on her but she said she tried light 1 and I’m thinking of trying light 4!? From the sample tomorrow so i suspect it looks bolder on her. I’m def only wearing that one lightly 

oh interesting, i think blush is pretty deep no ?  Well i have both petal and blush lightly in my cart and i can’t decide - yes fomo indeed @Sunnysmom   Thinking if i could possibly alter the base with a different liner so it won’t pull too pink on me and possibly declutter another 2 lipsticks to justify it haha   From her swatches you could see Beauty was definitely the pinker of the two. (Def not my cup o’ tea)

Oh good for you @aviscardi you have had good resolve! Yes I’m trying to do the one out one in theory. For buying anything these days. Should be more like 3 out 1 in for lippies tho, or none. 🤦🏻‍♀️ What did you decide to do? I like Blush because you can tone it down tho yes it is I suppose more intense. I’m probably a bad judge because most of mine are so vivid and darker. Lol I think she really is so thoughtful with her shades. I am having such fomo on cinnabar bec it can look cool red in pics and yet in most it’s def a warmer cinnamon spice right? I’m telling myself that. Lol  I’ll have to see what other swatches look like. There has to be a good dupe for it somewhere too.  This may be an unpopular opinion but I do wish her velvets were a little little bit more creamy. I will have to use them with a balm I think so they don’t get too dry on me. Gloss helps or pencil too but still…oops. 🙃 I have to try the foundation sample tomorrow. You like? 

Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png
testing