Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

What did you trial and then buy?

I have to admit, I've been loving the foils and trial sizes provided when I buy online. I have so many to try! What items have you tried out from a foil or trial size and ended up buying? Alternatively, what were you glad to try but didn't buy and why? I'll start. *I tried the foils of Ouai Repair shampoo and conditioner and bought them. I enjoy them so far. *I tried a trial of the Sephora Eye Makeup Remove and *will* buy it once my container of Mary Kay is empty. *I tried the trial size of Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask and had an allergic reaction to it! (hives). I loved the brightness of my skin, but I'm allergic to an ingredient in it. What about you?

Re: What did you trial and then buy?

I tried a little deluxe sample of Sunday Riley Good Genes and then had to buy the power couple kit because it made such a difference in my skin! Also tried a sample foil of the Smashbox Primerizer and love it, so it's on my "to buy" list now.

my 'to buy' list keep growing by the day...

my 'to buy' list keep growing by the day...

@l8totheparty  well something I have the sample of now from a gwp and will be buying is Murad Night Fix Enzyme Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mLI am just really happy with the product and consistency! I also got a mini of REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Overnight Recovery Balm 1.02 oz/ 30 mLin my allure box and it's something I will likely buy the full size of when I finish. It's just great for days when my skin is super dry or irritated 

@l8totheparty Korres used to make a face primer that smelled like oranges and I first tried it from a sample pack. It’s now discontinued. Same goes with Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache line. That was also a sample I tried and is also discontinued now. More recently I got a sample of YSL The Shock mascara and it has become my go to mascara for my fine short lashes. 

Oh, I hate it when I find something I like and it changes...

Oh, I hate it when I find something I like and it changes or gets discontinued (food, makeup or skincare).

What did you trial and then buy?

I love trial and mini sizes too! I actually only buy mascara in the mini. From the past year, I trialed then bought: CAUDALIE Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, SUNDAY RILEY Good Genes, FAB Ultra Repair Cream, ORIGINS Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion (=essence), BENEFITS Gimme Brow, LANCOME M. Big, IT Confidence in a Cleanser, JACK BLACK Glycolic Cleanser (as mask).... TATCHA Water Cream (would buy), NARS Sheer Glow (would buy but no pump, no shade), YSL All-In-One Glow (bought despite no shade -- ouch), TARTE H2O Serum (would buy but price), and .. DR DENNIS GROSS IPL Serum (would buy if mini - because packaging/shelf life). Yay to trials!

I am currently trialing the Caudalie serum myself. We wil...

I am currently trialing the Caudalie serum myself. We will see!

@l8totheparty not the most exciting product but my first exposure To the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation was in a sample foil! When I got it, I was a broke university student so a $48 moisturizer was just not in the cards for me. I did remember all this time how much my skin liked it (especially because my skin is so sensitive), and now I always have at least one on the go! I’ve tried a bunch of amazing products that I’ve repurchased through DS or GWP. The most recent that come to min are the YTTP superfood moisturizer, OH truth serum, Moroccan oil protect and prevent spray and the entire bite beauty brand from the birthday gift (I think it was last years?). OH and fragrance! The perfume samples are the best because you can see how it wears. I have a few on my list to pick up when I’ve gone through more, but I did purchase a FS of the Derek Lam Drunk on Youth after receiving a sample! As for things I’m happy to have tried and didn’t like - REN global cream, tarte creaseless concealer, dr Dennis gross peel pads, and a lot of DE products weren’t great for me. I’m happy to be able to try them without having to buy and return, which would be wasteful!

Doesn't life work that way sometimes- we find something w...

Doesn't life work that way sometimes- we find something we like early on when we don't have the money, and return to it later in life when we do!
50 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • Biossance and Youth to the People
  • 15588899313366324785765788725026.jpg
  • 15588902270744664982771398562528.jpg
testing