Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition

So, I've been challenging myself to do a full-ish face in about six minutes.  Have not succeeded yet ‌😭‌‌😅‌, so I'm looking to BIC for some tips to get past the finish line.

I want to know six products, any category, you use to get that quick glam.  Bonus if it includes skincare.  Double bonus if you've timed yourself and it's less than 7 minutes (if you include skincare, 10-15 min).

****WEEK OF MARCH 24-30TH***

Collab'ing with Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge & Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023

Cross post across 1-3 threads all your fast fierceness!

1000001929.gif

  (I really don't, though Don) 

Today I had-   

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight Captivate, Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 in Radiant Tan, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Caffeine Caffeine , PAT McGRATH LABS PERMA PRECISION Liquid Eyeliner Xtreme Black , Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Hot Chocolit .

Re: Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition

Aww, thanks, I’ve had to perfect a quick look since I’m always late, lol. @JoSometimes 

Congratulations! 🎉 🙌 You did it in under 5, that's incredible. @sister13 

1000015769.gif

Thanks! @CynthieLu 

@danielledanielle I can’t believe this thread exists! I need to remember to attempt this next week. Also, I’m sure it’s completely coincidental that I willingly watched F9 and FX this week. 🤪

I would say go for high impact products that are pigmented and easy to apply. I feel like if I see a result immediately, I’m less likely to fuss around with it more and waste time. 

And fingers for application! Cut out reaching for a brush or sponge to save even more time. 

Ooh I'm excited too hear about your adventures with this next week @JoSometimes 😀

@CynthieLu I can sometimes get the beauty part of my morning routine done in about 20 minutes if I try. Getting it down to 15 (skincare + makeup) would be amazing! This would be a boy-mode challenge only though. Girl-mode makeup takes me minimum 30 minutes if I need to. 

I can't add skincare to the equation either @JoSometimes Everything for my dry skin needs time to soak in. 😉 I tweaked the challenge a bit to fit me. I'm not counting in skin prep, only the time it takes too put on anything make-up related. My skin wouldn't like me very much if I didn't listen and give it what it needs. 

@CynthieLu We were certainly “blessed” by the skincare gods. 🙃

@JoSometimes, heh, it was kismet!  High impact, eh?  Looks like you're truly going to embody the thread and movies!  I look forward to seeing your contribution 🏎

@danielledanielle “High impact” is a work term. I can’t turn it off. 😅

And F8 was last night’s late night movie of choice. I’m working my way backwards it seems. 😊

Here are a few tips I just thought of 🫶

Tips

-Have all products lined up in order to be ready to go.

-If the product doesn’t need to be closed right away then leave it open (this takes me a ton of time I usually have my makeup stored in a closet next to my bathroom so for some reason I walk back and put it away after each product)

-Maybe have a song you love playing in the background so you know when the song is over that you have to be at a certain point in routine and if not readjust.

-One Minute Per Product 

-see what factors contributed to it being faster on one day vs another 

I’ll let you know if I think of more 

@peculiarzmakeup, good tips!  Your first tip is very important.  I can vouch for losing time in the morning looking for something to not find it and then additional time looking for a substitute. Another similar tip, I 

try to refill skincare at night, so if I notice the one I'm using is starting to run low, even if it takes a few more days before it's finished, it's there already. That way I don't have to use time digging it out. Also helps me see if I'm running low on something.

Restocking and having things organized is so important I agree @danielledanielle 💕

Thank you for all these tips @peculiarzmakeup especially using music, that's such a great idea! 

I can see these saving me a bit of time, especially organizing everything before hand and ready to go. 😄

Your welcome! @CynthieLu  I think when things are on the go it’s like thinking 10 steps ahead, where’s my bag, where’s my keys, did I forget this. I think also something important is to slow down, in some ways atleast for me if I slow down, I am able to complete it faster 💕 this is so cool such a fun thing to think about and try, I love seeing what works for everyone 😊

@peculiarzmakeup Great tips! I think the order in which you apply them helps. For example I like to start with cream blush for underpainting. Second I go in with Foundation. Third like to place down my concealer so I can blend it first on the eyelids so I can start my eyeshadow application. At the same time I am letting the rest of my concealer self set a bit under my eyes. 

I think we were all on a vibe this morning @peculiarzmakeup & @Mellmars1185 , because I took, thought of Habit Stacking Thread 📚 while taking in the challenge this morning!

It took me nine minutes 😮, which didn't include skincare because I did it separately this morning.  (Courtesy of the challenge interruptor, DanDan.)  I think the time discrepancy was departure from my norm; I wasn't doing my usual weaving in and out when skincare and makeup.  I realize I habit stack this way, and even yesterday I was able to squeeze in body care a bit while waiting for my moisturizer to dry down.  Layering specific steps with others really makes a difference for me.

@danielledanielle Ohhh yes! This makes me so happy to hear! You can  get the self care in even with the challenge interupptor! Habit stacking can be the ultimate life hack!!

Some of these tips remind me of your habit stacking thread I’m not sure how to tag threads but that is a great way to think about it love that ❤️ @Mellmars1185 

@peculiarzmakeup Thanks ! Yes you are right! To tag a thread, you put an @ symbol infront of the thread name. It is similar to tagging a person, but scroll down past the 'user' names and you will see thread names Habit Stacking Thread 📚. It shows up under 'content'.  

Thank you so much! 😊 @Mellmars1185 

Conversation Stats
  • 128 replies
  • 499 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos27
  • 1000001929.gif
  • 9DC7715A-7A84-4E72-946F-1268BA2F3403.gif
  • 11A - All The Brands (Weekend).jpg
  • 13 - Fast & Furious Collab.jpg
  • Week 13 - Collab - Time Stamp Collage.jpg