Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Please help

My face is really oily and I get white and black heads on my nose cheeks jawline how do I get rid of them without popping them

Re: Please help

What's your current routine, @MzThickBigBooty

@MzThickBigBooty   I have some general suggestions for you. Really what you need is a two-pronged approach: one to get rid of the ones you have, and the second to help prevent them from recurring. I will preface all this by saying that it might be worth your while to visit a dermatologist. Sometimes adult acne (if that's what you have) requires stronger measures than you can buy from Sephora.

Getting rid of the ones you have: for whiteheads, use something for acne, as these products are intended to be strong. Personally I like Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Day Dots 1 pack / 40 dots but the acne community will have tons of great advice. 

For blackheads, I have recurring blackheads on my nose, and I use a double whammy on them. First I use a physical scrub - I like Caudalie Deep Exfoliating Cleanser . Then, having removed the worst of the dried sebum (the black part), I use a mud mask to draw out the oil and impurities deeper in the pores. There's lots of good mud masks out there, but I like fresh Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask myself.

Keeping them from recurring: I'd recommend using a toner as part of your daily skin cleansing routine, to remove excess oil. My favourite is Farmacy Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 4.0 oz/ 120 mL - the acne community may have better recommendations, but I find that the Farmacy toner does get extra impurities out of my pores.

I know that while I like using a powder foundation, wearing it will increase how often I get blackheads if I don't stay on top of rigorous cleansing at night. I think that's because the powder mixes with the oil on my face and means I have to do extra to get rid of the "clogs".

You might want to consider if the makeup you're wearing is contributing to the problem. This could be needing to cleanse more deeply, or it might be a sensitivity reaction, or it could even be that you have bacteria in your makeup or on your brushes. Get rid of old makeup, especially anything like liquid foundation, and wash your brushes frequently.  SEPHORA COLLECTION Deep-Cleaning Brush and Sponge Shampoo 5.1 oz / 150 mL is one option with good ratings - I bought it but haven't tried it yet. I've also used their solid brush cleanser, which works well.

Good luck! 💋

Thank you for your help I will try that out 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing