Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great job!  I know what you mean about moving on to new products before you've finished what's already in your stash.  That used to be my problem as well.  These empties threads have definitely made it more appealing to use up what I have first before moving onto something new.  Having 1/2 finished products I didn't really love has also been a good reminder to do more research and sampling before buying things vs. shopping more impassively as well as returning things that really, really aren't working out.  I still don't do the latter very often but having something taking up drawer space that isn't working for me isn't doing me any good.  

I love looking at these and haul threads! 

Something i've noticed though is very few of you seem to cut tubes open... there can be a small goldmine that doesn't squeeze out Smiley Wink

I cut tubes open only if I REALLY love the product. I also usually cut foil samples and squeeze whatever is there into an empty jar Smiley Happy

Loves

ole power peel

ren mask

hourglass mineral veil

benton steam cream

deva curl styling cream

evrything else was ok. Good not great. The only dislike was the Lancôme moisturizer. Overly fragranced.

So many good empties!  We share a lot of similar loves.  I'm also very into that Devacurl styling cream, the ole power peel and the hourglass mineral veil.

a nail polish bottle broke in my makeup bag while I was flying, destroying my favorite bag. It's the blue one you can see in the photo. It got all over everything 😢

Loves:

Clinique even better makeup in alabaster

Marc Jacobs mini lipstick (100 pt one, don't remember the color)

Origins checks and balances

Tarte amazonian clay blush sample in fearless

Buxom lash mascara

Everything else was disappointing or not that great. I tried to use up as much stuff as possible because I just moved to a different country and didn't want to carry all this stuff with me 😊

Oh no!  That's terrible and the kind of thing that would so happen to me so I can definitely relate.  Sorry about your bag.  Have the Buxom mascara on today.  I also really wanted to love checks and balances but for some reason it seems to dry out my skin.

Just into July and I already have more empties than I did in June, very pleased with myselfSmiley Happy

I'm hoping July will be good for me as well!  I had a few maintenance products that each had just a little bit left so I'm hoping to finish them by the end of the month and free up some room in my storage!

I finished many maintenance products last month, and love most of these. The Cutex and Dr.Jart are likes; they haven't moved up to loves quite yet despite many repurchases. 

Nice!  Using up maintenance products always feels good.  Looks like you did a really nice job on these.

July empties

loves:

• Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Medium- this matches my self-tanned skin perfectly and love the way it feels on my face. This is my new Holy Grail BB cream. I'll be getting the one in Light for fall and winter.
  • Ponds Origina Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes- love the quilted texture and it got all my makeup off without killing my eyes.
  • Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion- this would be my Holy Grail shadow primer if they didn't have the Anti-Aging version I use.
  • Hair Chemist Coconut Oil Deep Repair Masque- I finally found my Holy Grail hair conditioner in this. My hair is more manageable and less frizzy after using this. I bought the full size tub of this.
  • Bliss Multi-"Face"-eted Clay Mask- this gets my face so clean and gets the gunk out of my pores. 

• Avon Bubble Delight Blushing Kiss Bubble Bath
  • Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer/ Glisten Blush- The blush happens to be my everyday spring and summer blush. The bronzer was pretty good but too warm for contouring.
  • Smashbox lip gloss in Natural- this was part of a set I bought at Beauty Brands a few years ago. The color is a good darker rosy nude.
  • reFresh Dry Shampoo- great scent and very little white residue. I can use this everyday without buildup. Too bad it was on clearance at Sally when I bought it.
  • Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Lavender Vanilla Pillow Mist- like to use these on my pillow and sheets before going to bed. I like the Lavender Chamomile scent better.
  • Colgate Optic White Toothpaste- it made my teeth a little whiter, but not gleaming white.
  • Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser- got my face very clean.

Hate

• Urban Decay Eden Eyeshadow Primer Potion- this formula was so thick and hard to blend. I'll stick with my Anti-Aging formula.
  • Sephora Express Eye Makeup Remover Wipe- this did not get off all of my eye makeup. 
  • Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream- after a month or so, I still had (and have) dark circles. At this point, it would take a miracle to get rid of my under eye circles.

Great empties!  I don't think I've tried the UD Eden primer yet.  I imagine I must have a sample somewhere from a UD Naked palette somewhere.  The original is usually my go to.

Loves

Nope

Great empties!  Impressive seeing that candle used all the way to the bottom!

These are my empties over the last few months. 

Loves:

Spoiler

Huggies Refreshing & Gentle - So gentle on skin and I love the cucumber & green tea scent.

Tony Moly Wine Mask - My first toe dip into TM sheet masks and I really like how it made my skin feel and look after.

Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet - HG Moisturizer.

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner - Really loved this stuff pre-bleach.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation - I really like the finish. Purchased the full size. 

Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer - I like mixing this in with my foundation when I want a glowy look.

Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Mask - Love love love this after a mud mask. Thank you Jemly for that tip!

Josie Maran BearNaked Nail Wipes - Love how much polish the suckers take off! And they dont dry my cuticles out!

Carols Daughter Monoi Shampoo & Conditioner - Tried these post bleach, love after first use. Will definitely be purchasing full sized after I use up all my deluxe samples I have. 

Dove Advanced Care Cucumber Green Tea Deodorant/Antiperspirant - I have very sensitive underarms, really love this stuff. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara - Always finding myself going back to this. 

Benefit Stay Flawless Primer - Fills in my pores so nicely and it lasts and lasts!

Equate Makeup Remover Wipes - I love that there are so many in the pack and that they're so affordable. I also love that they stay very moist through out the whole pack instead of drying out towards the end. 

Kat Von D Unlock It Makeup Remover Wipes - Took these with me while traveling over Thanksgiving weekend. I really like these almost at much at the Equate ones. 

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover - Always have this stuff on hand, doesn't sting my eyes, and does a great job removing all my eye makeup. 

Olay Fresh Outlasts White Strawberry & Mint Body Wash - Love the scent, makes me feel clean. 

Versace Bright Crystal - Always get complements when I wear this. 

Okays:

Spoiler

Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Hair Spray - Mehh, my hair still got frizzy:/

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - I liked that it dried out my blemishes, I don't like that it kind of stained my skin...

NuMe Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner - Got this as a gwp when I bought my blow dryer. It's okay. 

Nexxus Pro-Mend Heat Protectant - Mehh, I found one I like way more. 

Lorac Porefection Primer - For this being a mattifying primer it was pretty greasy...

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream - This is nice, too heavy for my liking though. 

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer - This was really nice, I still like my Caudalie a tiny bit better though. 

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - Nice but again still love my Caudalie. 

Biore Nose Strip - This is fun to use, I don't like that it leaves behind pieces of the strip around my nose. 

Cleansing & Makeup Remover Towelette - We put these in the rooms at the hotel I work at and had to use it in a pinch, it gets the job done. 

Nopes:

Spoiler

Speed Stick for Men - Had to use this in a pinch, nope nope nope. 

Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Cleanser- This was like smearing molasses all over your face. Never again. 

Alterna Caviar Omega Nourishing Oil - this little thing leaked all over my hair products drawer so I didn't get a chance to use it:/

Great empties.  And Huggies with green tea cucumber scent?  Who knew baby wipes had gotten such sophisticated scents.  Smiley Happy

I don't keep my empties around long enough to photograph, but I did finish 5 full size items, 18 DS, and 48 foils this month!!! I have been doing the $2 when I finish a full size, $0.50 for a DS, and $0.25 for a foil and came up with $31 (I think) for this month!!

WOW! That's impressive!!

December empties;

Things I liked:

- Eve lom cleanser (finished a few foils of this)

- body shop body butter for my feet

- clarisonic pedi disc (also for my feet)

- skyn Iceland Arctic hydrating balm

Everything else was just meh or stuff I was just trying to finish.  I used to really like the NARS RCC, but then I tried the Sephora serum concealer and it works much better for me.  The only true dislike last month was the omorovicza cleansing balm foil.  Disliked it so much I canceled my TSB trade of the deluxe size.  Glad I tried a foil first.

I have a sample of that Skyn Iceland balm that I used once. I need to pull it out again and see what I think!

I just tried a sample of that Tatcha cleansing oil last night and LOVED it! It took off my waterproof mascara so easily compared to other oils and micellar waters I've used.

No pictures, but repurchasing

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfector!

I purchased that too with my December coupon.  I tried the promo and fell in love.

4,345 Replies