From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations
View activity, savings and benefits
Redeem items, samples and more
View saved products
Recommendations from your store visits
Manage your services, classes and events
Complete your beauty traits for personalized recommendations
Payments, contact info, addresses and password
Ask questions, join challenges, and get recommendations from people like you
Discover topics tailored to your beauty interests
Add your photos and get inspired by fellow beauty lovers
I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Better late then never. Here are my...well, might as well call them December empties. Hey! That means I am early!
- BBW body mist in velvet tuberose - not a huge rose fan, but this was subtle, got this as a gift, will not purchase
- Vaseline spray & go in aloe fresh - for someone who will not wear moisturizer, this is a must, it dries so fast there is no excuse, I have already purchased another, I am trying the cocoa radiant
- Yes to blueberries facial towelettes - great smell -lemony, did not notice any anti-aging benefits, was afraid to use near eyes, will not repurchase
- Yes to cucumbers facial towelettes - so far, my go to but I am currently testing out a couple others
- Uniq one all in one shampoo balm - great concept but my hair did not like it
- Oscar Blandi volumizing dry shampoo - I have had this for so long! I am not a dry shampoo user, smelled nice, I have others to use, may repurchase
- Sephora bronzer powder in archipel - not empty, it was a product that got tucked into a corner and then got forgotten, but I did hit major pan, time to toss
- Secret invisible solid in spring breeze - I like the solids over other formulas, the scent was okay, will repurchase the same brand different scents
- Pangea Organics - old product past its prime, when I first got it I loved it, I think the change of seasons affected its effectiveness for my skin
- TF shadow insurance - the first eye primer I have ever tried, it is great but I have found others that will work for me at a less cost
- Covergirl clear mascara - keeps the brows in place, my go-to
- Sephora full action mascara - liked that it made my lashes look longer but naturally, dried out a little fast, on the fence with this one
- Ultraflesh (?) mascara - have had it for a long time so maybe it dried out before I got to really experience it for what it really was, not really going to search for it to see if my hypothesis is correct
I am so bad at this. I threw away a few sample packets the other day and recycled an empty jar without even thinking about what I was doing until it was too late. 😞
I am late with my empties this month! Too many work days in a row... but now I have a week of freedom!
3 candles- getting closer to clearing out my massive candle stash before moving... Lemon Gelato, Lemon Meringue, and Toffee
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo- have used for a long time, might eventually repurchase, but I have lots to use up...
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment- pretty dang good, might repurchase
B&BW Rio Rumberry Shower Gel
Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask- this is a repurchase, have another in my stash
Jessica Simpson Fancy Perfume- HOLY CRIKEY A FULL SIZED PERFUME. Was very excited about this; have another of this in stash that I received as a gift. Regardless, I'll be celebrating this empty with purchasing Gucci Glamorous Magnolia and possibly a Tocca trio 😄
Korres Pomegranate Wipes- love these! Especially since they were $3 at TJ Maxx... will be stocking up if I see them in the future.
MUFE Pro Finish Powder Foundation- already purchased in Pink Beige for contouring
Paula's Choice Hydralight Tonerx3
FAB Ultra Repair Cream- liked!
REN Glycol Lactic Mask- purchased full size, using up minis first
Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration- really liked! Smell isn't the greatest, but it fades fast. Have another identical size of this to use eventually.
Ulta Exfoliating Cotton Rounds
AmorePacific Future Response Cream- think this caused breakouts
Clinique Even Better Lotion x2
YSL Glossy Stain
Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Drama- sorry guys, absolutely hated this. Will be giving another mini away in my next TSB box.
Anastasia Lash Genius- HOLY GRAIL. Already have another full sized and mini.
Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara- also HOLY GRAIL. Wanted to cry when I finished. Will repurchase when I no longer have a mound of mascaras waiting.
Yippee! Off to the recycling bin they go!
So excited that it's December.
Because I finally get to trash all of my 2013 empties on 1 January!
Best/worst resolution ever. I have a better idea of my legitimate consumption levels, and can better budget/stock up on some items.
Y'all... I've almost filled 13 gallon trash bag #2. Thank goodness I have lots of storage. I would hate to be a hoarder. Ick.
Finished some things I'm sad about 😞 The Better than Sex mascara is one of my favorites now!
*Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
Stila Face the Day Moisturizing Gel Cream
*Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Fresh Sugar Rose lip balm
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Clarins Double Serum
Purity Face Wash
Fresh Rose Face Mask Sample
*=repurchasing or already bought!
Sorry for posting back to back, want to finally trash this stuff!
- Philosophy Miracle Worker eye serum - unfortunately dried out my eye area, could not finish the deluxe sample
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray - liked the product but hate the pump, made me waste so much product
- Maybelline Dream Lumi pen in radiant - already repurchased, great eye brightener
- Sephora blotting pappers - bummer was that I had to use two at a time, but did a good job removing shine
- Mary Kay samples (eye cream, a couple eye shadow cards) - trying to get rid of samples
- Wet n Wild Mega Volume mascara - thank goodness it was cheap b/c it dried out soooooo fast!
- Maybelline Full N Soft mascara - one of my go-tos, already stocked
- Uniq One all-in-one shampoo and balm - liked the concept, but my hair did not feel and look its best
- Degree clinical protection motion activated deodorant - worked really well, not usually a fan of the non-solid, would repurchase
- Billionaire Boyfriend parfum - not for me, too matronly
- LOreal EverCurl leave-in cream - already purchased, works really well as long as you get the perfect balance of cream to hair ratio
- Target cotton rounds
- Target make up remover wipes - not very soft, not repurchasing
I took this picture a few weeks ago but never got a chance to post it. So, better late than never...
- Clinique Advanced concealer - full coverage but it creased on me
- Satin care Olay shaving cream
- Boscia Oil Free Hydration w/ spf - bought full already, perfect for summer
- Target brand exfoliating cotton rounds - like that they have a little more substance than regular rounds, already repurchased
- Yes to Cucumbers makeup wipes - favorite so far, but still looking for better
- ROC Resurfacing discs - cut the discs in half to get double the use, made my face even toned and bright but could only use it for a week at a time then switch to my regular cleanser.
- Bare Minerals Multi-tasking powder in Bisque - been using to set under eye concealer, its okay, looking for better
- LOreal Total Repair restoring shampoo and conditioner - liked the sample size so I got the full size, not sure if I still feel the same way
- Masque Bar Pore refining mask - got three uses out of one packet and I liked it just as much as Murad
- Paco Rabanne Lady Million - complex smell, liked it but not enough to purchase
- Caudalie Premier cru the eye cream - bottle lasted the whole year, HATED the dispenser (wasted product), did brighten my eyes well, expensive
- Opti-free pure moist contact solution
So happy to see many more people posting on this thread each month! 🙂
Simple Wipes- yeah yeah, millions of back-ups
Two candles (I have a candle problem too, ok? 😛 ) Glade Sparkle of Spring and Slatkin Cinnamon Sugared Donut- when this one comes back in to stores I am STOCKING UP- tempted to literally eat this thing.
B&BW Enchanted Orchid Shower Gel
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner- pretty good for drugstore!
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub- this is my favorites out of the body scrubs so far, has a nice amount of grit to it, smells amazing!
B&BW Wild Honeysuckle Hand Soap
Shiseido Pureness Anti-Shine Refreshing Lotion- found this gem at TJ Maxx, and absolutely fell in love. Keep hoping I'll run in to some more discounted, otherwise I'll have to go to Nordstrom for more!
Murad Clarifying Cleanser- HATED this for my face- made my eyes sting for hours, and hated the menthol feeling on my skin. So used this for body acne wash instead and it COMPLETELY cleared up my skin. Might repurchase.
Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris- wasn't impressed. Not sure if this caused a slight worsening of my acne.
REN Glycol Lactic Mask- loved, already purchased a full-size
Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation
Anastasia Hypercolor Lash Tint in Purple
Fx Clear Prep Matte Foundation Primer & Anti-Acne Treatment Gel
Korres Anti-Aging Primer
Lancome LA Base Pro
Aubrey Calming Skin Therapy Toner
B&B Gentle Shampoo/Super Rich Conditioner
Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper- loved this, definitely going to repurchase!
100 pack of cotton rounds
VS Pink Clay body mask
Amika Nourishing Mask
VS body scrub
Benefit Fakeup Concealer
Julep Nail Polish :clap
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Sephora Gel Makeup remover
Origins Checks & Balances
Origins Charcoal Mask
Suki Face scrub
No4 Clarifying Shampoo
Oscar Blandi Texture/Volume Spray
Vivant Green Tea Cleanser
Kate Somerville Exfolikate
La Fresh Makeup remover wipe
La Fresh Oil Cleanser Wipe
Dickinsons Face Wipe
Boscia Black Mask
Tarte Park Ave princess bronzer
X2 UD lip samples
Love empties posts! My favorite. Not as impressive as last month (wish I had a pic of that, lol) but I'm so happy I'm emptying out my drawers & cabinets of all the clutter.
Boots Extracts Body Butters (Travel Size x6): These are very moisturizing and don't leave my skin sticky. Once I use up my other body butters I will pick up a full size of the bergamot scent.
Walnut Oil & Essential Oils (Rosemary, Cedarwood & Eucalyptus): I'm trying to use up most of natural treatments, they've been hanging in my drawers for way too long! I used the walnut oil instead of coconut oil (was tired of the scent). Would repurchase in the future, just not right now.
Sally Hansen Bleaching Cream: Use this to lighten my eyebrows a couple of shades. Repurchased a couple of times.
Will NOT repurchase:
Goat Milk Emollient Cream: Bought this at the Farmers Market. Local product. Great for hands/feets but to thick & rich for my body. Made my b-acne pop out like crazy.
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Conditioner: Sample. Dried out my hair. Left it very crunchy.
Olay Moisture Body Wash: Great for shaving. Decent body wash. I need to use up all my other body products before I even consider purchasing another body wash!!!
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion: Left my skin stick and I never felt it actually sink into my skin.
Amlactin Body Lotion: I've got KP and I'm trying to find a good body moisturizer with AHA exfoliants. This was NOT it! It left my skin greasy and didn't leave my skin hydrated. After about the third use I broke out in a rash on my forearms. My mum technically finished this up for me.
Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Recovery Masque: Will not repurchase. Didn't do much for my skin. I did notice a slight glow the morning after I used it but I've got other masks that give me the same effect. I might be too young for the product!?! Because my mum looooooves it and she's repurchased it.
Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion: Already repurchased. HG chemical exfoliant. Leaves my skin sooooo soft and smooth.
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara: Will not repurchase. I still haven't found something to replace my beloved Diorshow. This left my lashes clumpy and flaked after a couple hours.
Samples: Eeehhh nothing left me too impressed except for the Dr. Dennis Gross Brightening Serum (very tempted to purchase). Most disappointing was the MUFE HD Foundation.
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum...NOOOOOOOO!!!! I've had some 0.5 fl. oz. containers with a few drops left so I'm flipping those bad boys upside down and using what is left until my new one arrives!
-Glam Glow Black Mask (trial/sample size), I was able to get 3 applications out of the tube. My cousin used it once and I used it twice. I like how it felt and loved how it looked as it dried because you can see where it's over your pores and does have a slight cooling/tingling effecting, but nothing overstimulating and no irritation
-Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber Body Butter and Be Enchanted Body Cream, the BB is what I use to follow up my Lush massage bar (Mange Too) so my skin doesn't stay sticky and my BC tube is warped and squeezed down, about to cut it open to get what else I can out of it
Not much empties this month, but did almost finish a couple of full size so yay!
- Benefit moisturizer: it's actually surprisingly good for a cosmetic brand. Gel moisturizers are no longer enough and this cream is perfect right now.
- Dr. Brandt Pore Thing: meh, I'm not a fan of any skincare where the top ingredients are all silicones....
- L'occitane Angelica night cream: a great gel cream, more on the cream side, with a fresh green scent. I wish Sephora carries Angelica line...
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Intensive Vitalizing eye complex: LOVE it! A light gel that sinks in super fast. I got online fully intending to buy it, and firmly decided not to as soon as I saw the price. X.X
- Dior One Essential serum: nice.
- When Snow Angel mask: my first mask, discontinued as soon as I tried my first one. Why Sephora?!?! waeeee!
- BBW lotion: YAY it's done! Got so many of these from the GWP.
- Clarins chamomile toner: meh, finally done.
Whoop whoop monthly empties!!!
Haircare and body:
Bottom to top, left to right:
YSL Touche Eclat (No. 2) - Really liked this, will probably purchase eventually but not right now
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat (Beige Rose) - I got pretty oily with this foundation. Wouldn't purchase.
Miracle Skin Transformer - I loved this at first and even was considering buying until I realized this broke me out like crazy! I have tried multiple times and my skin just really dislikes it. It has a very silky, silicone texture.
Hourglass Illusion (Ivory) - this was a good tinted moisturizer, but won't be purchasing.
Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB (Light) - wasn't my favorite.
*Hoola Bronzer - my favorite bronzer to contour with. will be purchasing full size!
Porefessional - I have a love/hate with this. Feels great going on but definitely doesn't prolong the wear of my foundation. If anything I feel like it separates it. Won't be purchasing.
*Desire by Golce & Gabbana - IN LOVE with this fragrance. Why oh why don't they have a rollerball of it?! :'( I was even reaching for this over my beloved Flowerbomb. That's saying something.
*Guerlain Maxi Lash - This smells amazing and works wonderfully. Will without a doubt be repurchasing.
Benefit Bad Gal Lash - This was ok. The wand was just too big for my liking, it got mascara everywhere. I always had to clean up with a q-tip after use.
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel - this is the only brow gel I've ever liked. will be repurchasing.
*Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - Holy Grail eyeliner. Will be using this forever. You bet I've already broken out a backup.
NYX Super Skinny Marker - Don't waste your time with this. Go for the Kat Von D liner. Not black enough, and doesn't stay. Dries out very quickly.
Loreal Dream Lumi Concealer/Highlighter (Radiant) - loved this for highlighting. It brightened up my face on days when I was feeling especially tired/dull. Will be repurchasing.
Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment - I felt so accomplished when I finally finished this! I liked it, but near the end felt like it wasn't doing much for my lips. I won't be repurchasing, but I enjoyed it while I had it.
*Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity - One of my Holy Grail face washes. I love it.
*Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub - THIS IS AMAZING. I really want to try out more of the Michael Todd line. I got it in my Ipsy bag and am so so so happy with it.
Lush Cupcake Face Mask - Liked it but didn't do anything life changing for my skin. Want to try other masks from Lush.
* = repurchased already or will be repurchasing in future
too bad i can;t add my godiva chocolate wrappers to the list.. 😛
loveeee the shampoo, especially now that i have a shower filter i'm sooo glad i went back and used this stuff again... my hair has missed it. I will def rebuy(yet again!) after i use up everything else.
I know how silly the evian in a can is.. my boyfriend wont let me forget it lol. He'll encourage the rest of my makeup hoarding but he loves poking fun at me for the evian.. i love it... i loved it even more when my power went out two nights ago... florida heat... needless to say i had an unintentional empty lol.
loveeee the stress relief line from bath and body works... yup my entire under my sick area is filled up with replacements... totally need to add more when black friday rolls around.
I used up about 20 of the bumble n bumble shampoo samples, 2 deluxe murad cleansers, my shisedo makeup remover, 2 deluxe tarte oil, sample of murad eye cream, and a few samples of clinque acne cleanser
This month was a pretty good month for me in terms of empties. I definitely discovered quite a few favorites:
Sephora Soft Cotton White Pads -- I absolutely love these things and always have a backup
Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream -- Fantastic cream! It's really hydrating and I'm thinking of getting the full-size
Whish exfoliating body wash -- It's okay; not worth the price tag though
Chantecaille Magnolia, Jasmine, and Lily Healing Emulsion -- I love everything and anything Chantecaille. I already purchased the full-size of this.
Evolve ultra-shine moisture conditioner -- meh...not impressed
Stila Waterproof liquid eyeliner -- my favorite eyeliner. Already re-purchased.
Anastasia Brow wiz -- used to like this but I recently discovered the Kevyn Aucoin brow pencil and it's so much better
Per-fekt brow gel in clear -- did not like much, it's too clumpy.
J'adore perfume -- simply divine
Egyptian Magic cream -- gross, it was so thick and sticky
Philosophy full of promise for eyes -- it was okay but I will probably not buy it because it's not worth the price tag
Boscia bright white mask -- worked like a charm but I have too many face masks to justify buying a full-size of this
Kiehl's super multi-corrective cream -- the smell was a little too intense for me
Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil -- I'd never used a cleansing oil before and was quite impressed; it cleans really well
Omorovicza thermal cleansing balm -- I really loved this but it's wayyy too expensive =(
Kate Somervile Cytocell -- the smell is a bit weird so I probably won't purchase
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel -- these things kind of sting but they didn't break me out. I'm not sure if I saw any improvements in my skin
Tocca Cleopatra -- Nice but not worth the price tag
Korres 24-Hour Brightening Cream -- I already own the full size of this and love it
Dior Capture Total Multi-Perfection Concentrated Serum -- so lightweight and moisturizing but it's expensive. Maybe I will repurchase during the November sale...
That's it for this month. All in all, I liked most of the products =D
Lots of empties this month :)! I realized that ever since starting this thread I really try and finish something which is awesome and more reason to keep doing this lol.
(Left to Right)
Ojon Instant Restorative Hair Serum- this was really nice and I got like three uses out it! I have huge thick long hear so thats really good!
Benefit Refined finish facial polish- I liked it but not more than Exfolikate.
Benefit Foamingly Clean Facial Wash- meh it did the job and smelled nice
Boscia Oil Free Nightly Hydration- I liked it but I think this would be better for oily skin types.
Boscia Oil Free Daily Hydration- Nice and light for when you feel like you don't need to much moisture
Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleaner- I really liked this!! It's on my loves list.
Supersmile Whitening Accelerator - didn't see any difference
Yellow Diamond, Juicy Couture La Fluer, Juicy Couture - I liked them all! Lol, I already have a mini of Yellow Diamond, full sized La Fluer, and this sample reminded me how much I like Juicy Couture! I'll probably get the smallest size during FF
Lancome La Base Pro: It felt nice on my skin and did its job, but I don't think its any better then the Elf mineral primer
Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator- I can't remember lol, pretty sure it didn't do anything.
I should haul out my "first seven months of 2013" empties for one massive shot. I've filled a large Container Store shopping bag (the large paper ones- the mega-sized ones- for those that are familiar).
For the 3 people who haven't heard my story, I'm not a hoarder. This was a new years' resolution to track just how much product I use in a year so that I'm mostly buying what I need and can realistically use, not just everything that I want. Yes, I'm Rouge. But I do use a lot of product, and had to switch to cream shadows after a lifetime of powder this year. I have a spot in a walk-in closet (I'm lucky enough to have 3 in my condo) for a shopping bag or two of empty containers.