Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I have finally decided to retire my first Guerlain lipstick. I realized it's probably older that some of the people on BT and thus probably time to go. I haven't used it in ages (years) but it was my first 'posh' lipstick and held some sentimental value. It's a great red-brick colour that's probably fashionable again. 

A few years ago (before I got back into makeup), I had to retire some really old Lancome and Estee Lauder lipsticks.  I also had to let the custom one (my MUA artist made her own) that I got for my wedding go.  That was so hard, because I loved the color.  Some of my Lancome and Estee lippies were older than people on the boards, as well.

I finally finished a face mask!!! I finished Glamgow's Power Mud. Already have a backup (actually 2 because I bought it during their recent BOGO deal). I definitely love that stuff!!

Interesting, since I've been looking at buying a double pack containing Power Mud and Thirsty Mudd. What exactly does the power mud do for your skin? Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times before; I'm new to the brand ...

This is the first time I've ever saved any empties, but I'm on a mission to use up products in the next few months!!

Have already repurchased/will repurchase:

Origins Checks & Balances Face Wash - this is probably my 5th bottle, I love how it doesn't make my skin feel stripped

Lush It's Raining Men - I have the bar soap right now but I adore this scent

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - also probably my 5th bottle

Lancome Hypnose Mascara - I've probably gone through 10 tubes of this

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - 3rd bottle!

Dr. Dennis Gross Purifying Booster

So/so:

Lush R&B - I've used this a few times, didn't finish this pot before it's expiration date

Fresh Rose Face Mask - this felt super nice but takes a lot of work to rinse off

Bamboo Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray - my hair's been breaking more than usual since I started using this, not really a great endorsement for the product

Body Shop Shea Shower Cream - good to shave with

Lush Dream Cream - I don't love the smell, but moisturizes well

Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster - I'm on the fence about this one

Dr Dennis Gross Furulic & Retinol Moisturizer - this is a really good moisturizer, there are just a couple I like better

Would not repurchase:

Murad Acne Body Wash - very expensive, doesn't really do much

Origins Modern Friction - I do like this and have used a couple tubes but have since found things I like better

Body Shop Shea Lip Treatment - sooooo gross

Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer - just a generic moisturizer to me, no scent which is the only bonus

Dr Dennis Gross All in One Cleansing Foam - left my skin a little too dry for my preference

Dior Hydra Life Eye Cream - this is not awesome, it has HA but that's about it

There is a Lush next to my new Sephora.  I plan on exploring the brand a little more in 2015, because I love the only thing I've tried so far.  It's Raining Men sounds like the perfect product to start with.

another month gone!!!! here's november's empties!!!

foils

yas please

• sephora brush wipes
  • lancome labase pro
  • mufe hd primer

meh

• biore nose strip

nu uh 

• benefit they're real remover

deluxe samples

yas please

• dr brant pores no more primer
  • too faced chocolate soleil bronzer
  • algenist eye balm
  • algenist firming and lifting cream
  • algenist firming and lifting serum
  • algenist repairing oil

meh

• clarins toning lotion

nu uh 

• benefit they're real remover
  • pixi flawless primer
  • diorshow mascara
  • benefit they're real mascara

dried up before i could play

• korres eye primer

full size

yas please

• glysomed hand cream
  • anastasia brow whiz
  • living proof perfect hair day 5 n 1 treatment 
  • korres shower gel
  • sephora reveal lip balm

meh

• nivea lip balm
  • argan oil curl cream - too heavy for my fine hair but perfect for my sons thick curls 
  • johnson's body lotion
  • evian facial mist

nu uh 

• marc anthony bye bye frizz - that big a bottle but only for one use?!?!
  • amie facial wipes
  • maybelline colossal volume
  • pur big look mascara
  • teeez mascara 

Lots of great items.  

That big bottle of Marc Anthony only gave you one use or it was so terrible that you could not bring yourself to use it again?

the ole system is really nice!  I haven't been using them cause they're nicer and light in the summer but I got around twelve of the perk boxes and have been through three of them with much happiness!  I have dry skin so a little extra moisturizer after the sheer transformation is needed. 

I've been too lazy to take pics and post, but I love viewing you guys' empties!

Just a reminder (sorry if I am broken record) - Origins will take back ALL of your empties -- from any brand!  At their freestanding stores, and SOME of their department store (Macy's) locations!  I save all mine in Victoria's Secret bags, then when the bag is full I use ti as an excuse to go to the mall.

They recycle lots and lots of types of things, more than I can put in my curbside.

Here's what it says on their website:

"Bring any cosmetic brand empty container into any Origins retail store & we’ll recycle it for you for FREE.

All returned packing is sent back to a central location where products will be recycled or used for energy recovery.

Since 2009, Origins introduced a program that encouraged its customers to bring their empty previously unrecyclable cosmetic tubes, bottles & jars, etc. - regardless of brand - to their nearest Origins retail store or department store counters. We believe that the more we collect from consumers, the more we can keep cosmetic packaging out of landfills.

Bring your cosmetic empties into an Origins retail store near you!"

You can google Origins Recycling for links to find a store near you that will take your empties.  Okay end of soapbox/good deed for the day Smiley Wink.  Back to your reg scheduled programming...

Oh that's really cool. My curbside program is pretty comprehensive, but this is good to know.

Great empties!!

Love (this list is going to be short, I'm picky):
Origins Ginzing (have finished many jars, just used a sample)

Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin (OMG this scent! I wish it weren't so insanely expensive Smiley Sad )

Origins Make a difference hand cream (this is awesome, already purchased full size. smells great, very moisturizing)

Like (liked to use but not enough to buy again - at least not soon)
MUFE lipstick N9 from last birthday
Dr. Dennis Gross Beta peel extra strength formula
Living Proof no frizz shampoo+conditioner
Murad intensive age-diffusing serum
Dior J'adore
Chloe Eau de Parfum
Boscia Cleansing Oil-Gel

Repetto eau de toilette

Did not like (Not for me)
Burberry Brit Rhythm - this smells so powdery, I can't even describe it. 
FAB face cleanser - I don't know why but my face never felt clean after using it...

Philosophy Miracle Worker night cream - balled up like crazy on my face
Sephora body scrub in Vanilla - doesn't exfoliate properly and overpriced
PTR cucumber gel mask - I didn't feel like it did anything for me
Clinique DDML+ I liked the original DDML but this is too much... I don't think it absorbs properly
Secret De Nuit Intense hydration regenerating night cream (for hair; I don't see the point of this product)
Prada Candy Florale
Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb 
Stella McCartney eau de parfum

I'm intrigued by this Origins hand cream, even though the last thing I need is a hand cream.

JAN + FEB empties 

Love: 

L'occitane hand cream: lots of backups Smiley Happy

It was okay: 

Nuxe Rive de Miel: it lasted so long, it was okay but didn't blown me away 

Vicky micellar water: I had so much of this stuff, I am finally finished my last bottle...I am going back to bioderma

Avene Tolerance Extreme: it was moisturizing, but felt a little thick, La Roche Posay toleriane ultra is still my HG

3 foundation samples: Dior nude, Shu Uemura architect, Giorgio Armani luminous silk: I am looking for a new foundation, they are all good, but I think I am going for the YSL touché éclat foundation 

It was not okay: 

Marc Jacobs lip balm: it came in last year's rouge promo but I forgot about it in one of my bags. basically, it's the least moisturizing lip balm I have ever came across. I didn't finish this deluxe sample but I am glad I found that out without having to pay $30 for it. 

Total: 

Full size: 4

Deluxe sample: 1

Sample: 3

I am going to keep a tally throughout the year to see how much I can finish! Smiley Happy Jan + Feb wasn't the best months but 4 full size isn't tooooo bad. I really want to work on going through more the samples in my stash though. 

Is it weird I didn't even know marc Jacobs had lip balm?  

The he ysl touch éclat is awesome and very full coverage!  

Empties for April 2015 (i know I know it's not April until Wednesday) Smiley Sad but i am ahead I guess and that can't be all bad! right Smiley Happy 

loves: 

Benefit - They're real mascara 

Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo 

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Conditioner

Elizabeth & James Nirvana White for her pefume

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black for her perfume

Nest - Indigo Perfume

Mabe:

Philosophy Falling in love shower & hair gel

Batiste dry Shampoo Floral & Flirty

not for me:

Balenciaga - Rosabotanica 

I'm on the fence about philosophy shower gel as well.  I've gotten sick of the vanilla scent and am using it as shave gel for my legs.  Almost done.  Soon.  Soon. 

how in the world is another month over already?!?!?!?!   

full size products

11225673_10154046883898840_725617353_n

loves 

• mixed chicks leave in conditioner - leaves my hair hydrated, helps with frizz and doesn't weigh my hair down
  • deva curl no poo shampoo - gentle, hydrating and makes my curls sing!
  • prada candy l'eau - I LOVE THIS SCENT!!!
  • glysomed hand cream
  • sugar advanced therapy 
  • urban decay subversion - fave lash primer - especially with coloured mascara!!!
  • anastasia beverly hills brow whiz

• mary kay satin hands
  • sephora targeted eye remover swabs - i always have some of these - i'm not finicky on brand - these were good but not special - i would repurchase but right now i have others
  • elf high definition powder
  • fairy drops lash primer
  • glysomed body lotion - i prefer the hand and foot creams

no

• avon eye makeup remover lotion - IT BURNS!!!
  • olive lips lip balm - dry when i got it!

deluxe samples

11208900_10154046883878840_1431586799_n

loves 

• deva curl light defining gel - i like this one for day 3 hair that needs a little refresher
  • origins drink up intensive overnight mask 
  • urban decay all nighter
  • algenist eye balm
  • urban decay subversion lash primer

• boscia tsubaki cleansing oil 
  • algenist firming and lifting serum
  • urban decay perversion mascara
  • too faced shadow insurance
  • shiseido ibuki softening concentrate
  • shiseido ibuki moisturizer
  • johnson's baby wash

no

• buxom mascara

foils

11198513_10154046883893840_614770307_n

loves 

• shiseido benefiance eye cream
  • tata harper resurfacing mask
  • tata harper regenerating cleanser

• glam glow bright mud eye treatment
  • derma dr wrinkle eye cream
  • josie maran cleansing powder
  • omorovicza thermal cleansing 

no

• nude treatment oil
  • strivectin 5 minute glycolic peel
  • bliss micro magic microdermabrasion - liked on body hated on face
  • ren - v cleanse flash rinse 
  • eslor replenishing scrub

things i forgot to include Smiley Tongue

11195460_10154046883888840_885312921_n

loves 

• deva curl one condition
  • deva curl ultra defining gel
  • origins charcoal mask

• equate makeup removing wipes
  • biore pore perfect strips
  • boscia pore purifying black strips

no

• equate quilted squares

I can't remeber the last full bottle of perfume I used up... I think it was Ralph lauren her.    That was waaaay back!  I bought a second bottle and still have it.  It seems dated now. 

I have always had this major problem with finishing things. I hate for things to come to an end. I have like no empties yet.

I feel like I used to feel that way but then I realized that for many items I have many different types and colors and that I can just repurchase as needed.  Obviously it's tougher with LE or hard to find items, those I would be likely to use more slowly but I guess I don't really have very many.

Ok so here are my empties for the month of June. One note about some overlap or repeats, I have a tendency of leaving products unfinished and then moving on to new ones so this was my month to finish as much as possible

Excellent
FS MDSolarScience SPF 50 Mineral Creme 
DS Radical Exfoliating Pads
FS Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid
FS Jack Black Shea Butter Lip Balm SPF 25
DS Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

Good
Foil Clinique Custom Smart Serum
Foil Clinique 3 Step system 
       Liquid Facial Soap x2
      Clarifying Lotion 2 x1
      Clarifying Lotion 3 x1
      Dramatically Different Gel x1
      Dramticically Different Lotion x1 (this one was super heavy but with the system it was good)
Foil Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Eye balm x2
DS Flowerbomb Victor and Rolf Shower Gel
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Cleanser
Foil Josie Maran Argan Exfoliating Powder
Foils Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Duo
Store Sample PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel
Sample Tom Ford Oud Wood
Sample Marc Jacobs Daisy
DS SK-II Cellumination Cream

Terrible
Foil Tarteguard SPF 30 x2 - waaay too heavy for my normal-combination skin in the summer, plus the % of actives is quite low
Foil Paula's Choice Pore Refining Treatment 2% BHA x 5- this is supposed to have additional anti-aging properties but did nothing but maybe even trigger acne
DS Paula's Choice Clear 2% BHA - this is supposed to be more acidic and I could definitly see more coming off my t-zone but it broke me out quite a bit
Foil Kielh's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot solution - didn't see any different but only got about 3 uses

Not pictured (Forgot to keep or shower items I didnt want to bother keeping)

Foil DHC Cleansing Oil - Excellent
L'occitane Lavender Bar Soap - Excellent
Colgrate Prevident 5000 Booster Plus - Excellent
ACT Braces Care Mouthwash - Excellent

Dr Bronners Lavender Bar soap (for makeup brushes) - Good but disliked for beautyblender
FS L'Occitane Shea hand cream - Good
FS Caress body wash passionate spell - Good
FS Ion Repair Solutions Conditioner - 20oz - Good

Gucci Guilty sample - Terrible
Armani Si - Terrible
Living Proof Curl Conditioning Wash sample - Terrible

Loofah

4,344 Replies