Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nice job!

Did your Murad Lightening Gel turn brown?

Very brown. I distinctly remember it was either clear or slightly yellow last time I checked, this time it's definitely brown. Bye bye Murad. T.T

Brown? Why did it turn? That's odd

Interesting... I wonder if the packaging of the deluxe sample allows more oxygen in or something and makes it turn?

Maybe, The bottles could be defective. 

Same thing happened to mine fairly quickly. Makes me wonder what happens when you buy a full sized bottle, how long does it last before going bad?? Good thing this didn't work for me in the slightest.

I use the Murad Lightening Gel, And i've had one bottle for close to a year. I wonder why it went bad? I've gone through 2, 1oz bottle and have a 2.oz bottle that's been sitting around for months and months.None have changed it color. 

Look at all that skin care!!

Good for you!

I don't mean to be rude... but wtf? 

1. Who holds onto their empties unless it's for the Back to MAC program?  It's called trash, people.  Throw it out!

2. Who wants to see other people's trash?

I get haul videos but this is beyond me.

To each his own. I like seeing that I'm making progress through my extensive stash. It's a motivator for me to try and use all my samples and products up.

You don't have to participate. You can simply skip over this thread. Taking the time to write a negative comment does nothing for anyone. I understand your opinion however I really dislike the way you worded your harsh criticism. I don't like feeling like I need to defend the way I share my makeup addiction.

It also gives a more true review of a product if someone has finished it in its entirety. I like reading what people are going to repurchase right away - it says a lot about the product.

I love seeing everyone's empties because I am so terrible at finishing products Smiley Sad  *hangs head in shame*

And when I do have empties I always forget to keep them for this & throw them out. I do try to see what I can recycle. 

Also I believe Origins takes cosmetics empties year round (doesn't matter what brand). 

And I like to read who likes/dislikes which products, you can't really do an adequate review on a haul, but you can say "won't repurchase" on an empty Smiley Tongue 

Thanks, @dannyc Smiley Happy and everyone else. I knew I couldn't be the only one!

Seeing others' empties inspires me to finish more of my things too. And organize the open ones. It also inspires me to pitch items that aren't working, just sitting. I've done that a bit and it's freeing.  And I get to tell others about things I've used sometimes, the good and the bad.

I love haul videos sometimes, it curbs my own impulse buying to watch them! But it's no reference point for whether that shiny new stuff even works or not. I can't keep more than 5 or so empties now after the bath salts jars purge though, I've gotten a smaller empties basket. Smiley Wink 

i can never seem to finish a product either..the only time i ever get to finish anything is if i'm sharing it with my boyfriend. we've gone through two 17.6 oz jars (which is the HUGE jar) of the borghese fango mud masks in the past year..and it hasn't even been a whole year left. i don't mind sharing with him because that makes me feel like i'm not wasting my money in the end. i feel so accomplished when i throw an empty out in the trash!

This thread is months old with lots of participants and over 50 photos. Obviously, a lot of people in our community think it is fun. 

2- I LOVE seeing other people's trash.  I get excited every time I see a new picture on here. 

It is also a record of what has been tried and what was liked or not. The stuff I love, I don't forget. But its the fragrance sample that I can't remember if I have tried or not, or the makeup wipes that I bought on a whim.

I also like to see what others have enjoyed or not.  If I see someone using similar products as me, I may want to try some of the other stuff they use/like.

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Phew - this is two months worth!

Top picture:

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (Alaska)

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque x2

Drybar Cream Soda Smoothing Cream

Clinique Superprimer: Universal Face Primer

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rollerball

Clinique Moisture Surge

Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum

Benefit Benetint

Benefit Posietint

Ole Henriksen: Truth Serum Collagen Booster

La Roche-Posay Mela-D Deep Cleansing Brightening Foaming Cream

The Body Shop: Aloe eye defence

Peter Thomas Roth – Laser Free Resurfacer

Burts Bees Replenishing Balm with Pomegranate Oil

Ardell lashes – #330

Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer

Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion

Sephora Soft Touch Cotton Pads EOS Shave Cream – Pomegranate Raspberry

B&BW Winter Candy Apple Nourishing Hand Cream

Middle:

Chloe – Roses de Chloe sample x2

Michael Todd – Skin loving Aloe & Cucumber wipes

Skintimate – Sensitive Skin shave gel

Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation

KMS California Hair Stay – Dry Xtreme Hairspray

Slatkin & Co. – Frosted Cranberry candle

B&BW Aromatherapy Stress Relief candle – Eucalyptus spearmint

Loreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm

Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo

Sample: Glamglow thirstymud

Sample: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Sample: Josie Maran Argan Milk

Skintimate Extra Gentle Shave Cream

Bottom picture:

UD All Nighter Setting Spray (boy does that bottle look gross!)

Herbal Essences Body Wash

Suave Extra Hold Hairspray

The Body Shop - Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Woohooo you kicked butt!! Any favorites?

Lots! UD All Nighter setting spray, Macadamia Deep Repair Mask, Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion (toner), Flowerbomb rollerball and Nars tinted moisturizers are all things I'm obsessed with! I could not go a day without that setting spray.

I also really loved the Roses de Chloe perfume but it didn't pass the boyfriend test. I personally adore the smell of roses but he prefers other scents on me which is totally fine! I have a little sample bottle I'll use but that's about it.

Also obsessed with the UD Spray and NARS TM Smiley Very Happy

I didn't notice in the photo you had used up an entire rollerball, that's awesome!! I loooooooooveee Flowerbomb, have you smelled the new rose version? I really like the scent, but I can't justify $95 for 1.7 EDT. *sigh*

I also love Roses de Chloe, but again, can't decide if its worth the money. Its a very pretty scent, but I don't really find it complex and I'm not sure I want to spend money on it yet!

1 Reply